User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas - Patriots Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    In this scenario we're moving down only 4 spots in the 1st and giving up a mid-4th and nearly the last pick in the 5th to move up 19 spots from mid-2nd to late-1st. Anybody turning that down should have their heads checked unless someone like James falls to 19.

Chances are that we'll get substantially the same caliber of player at 23 as we would at 19, if not the exact same player, and then at that point you're only giving up a mid-4th and basically the last pick of the 5th to move up 19 spots into the late 1st.

Effectively this would be like trading that mid-4th and late-5th to move up from 50 to 31, which is obviously a steal.
    Yeah I agree with you. These people are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Not just no but hell no.

Especially in our circumstances where our depth is so questionable. And rounds 2-4 of this draft look pretty good.

Give up 4 picks to get back two? Uh no. No way.
    The only picks you're giving up to move from 50 to 31 are a mid-4th and a pick that is more or less an early 6th given that it is a 5th round compensatory pick in the last 4-5 picks of the round.

Aside from moving down from 19 to 23, which is negligible.

We aren't really giving up a 2nd round pick because we're just moving up from that spot to 31.

The only picks you're giving up to move from 50 to 31 are a mid-4th and a pick that is more or less an early 6th given that it is a 5th round compensatory pick in the last 4-5 picks of the round.

Aside from moving down from 19 to 23, which is negligible. What if it allows you to get Moore and LVE. That would be insane.

We aren't really giving up a 2nd round pick because we're just moving up from that spot to 31.
    Yep you're talking a couple day 3 picks.

Aside from moving down from 19 to 23, which is negligible.

We are giving up 4 picks and only adding two. I have zero interest in that.

I get that we're only giving up a 4th and essentially a sixth, but they're still too valuable to me.

I mean, our starting QB was essentially a fifth and like half our secondary we're 6th rounders so I wouldn't look at them as throwaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yep you're talking a couple day 3 picks.
    Kavon Frazier, Dak Prescott, Xavier Woods, Anthony Brown, Charles Tapper, Ryan Switzer.

All day 3 picks.

Kavon Frazier, Dak Prescott, Xavier Woods, Anthony Brown, Charles Tapper, Ryan Switzer.

All day 3 picks.
    Sure and there is a long list of guys who were totally worthless. We have what 7 picks on day 2? I doubt all 10 draft picks we have would make the roster. So it's ok to trade a couple of those later picks away. This is a pretty low cost move to get a second first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Sure and there is a long list of guys who were totally worthless. We have what 7 picks on day 2? I doubt all 10 draft picks we have would make the roster. So it's ok to trade a couple of those later picks away. This is a pretty low cost move to get a second first rounder.
    Sure but by that logic there's also a pretty lengthy list of 1st and 2nd rounders who were totally worthless.

That's why it's usually a better strategy to attack the draft with volume. Especially since we do have quite a bit of holes to fill.

Sure but by that logic there's also a pretty lengthy list of 1st and 2nd rounders who were totally worthless.

That's why it's usually a better strategy to attack the draft with volume. Especially since we do have quite a bit of holes to fill.
    Yeah I love volume. Hell you've probably read about me bitching that no way in hell should we be trading up in the first round at the cost of a third round pick or more. Especially because I feel like there is always good talent in the fourth and fifth round (Not that Dallas always picks those guys) but there are always guys I really want still around.

I mean I'd rather just trade down from 19 and stockpile additional picks. Give me more picks in the first two days and I'd be thrilled. But I can certainly see the benefits of getting two first round picks.

I guess to make it concrete, which draft do you like better:
    LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
    WR ANTHONY MILLER
    S TRAVARIOUS MOORE
    DT BREELAND SPEAKS
    G COLE MADISON
    RB ITO SMITH
    T DESMOND HARRISON
    TE DURHAM SMYTHE
    LB SKAI MOORE
    DE JUSTIN LAWLER

or

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
    WR DJ MOORE
    S TRAVARIOUS MOORE
    RB ITO SMITH
    T DESMOND HARRISON
    TE DURHAM SMYTHE
    LB SKAI MOORE
    DE JUSTIN LAWLER

Obviously this is a lot of guessing so perhaps it's Evans and Sutton or heck Moore and Hernandez or so on but we should get two starters with those first two picks no question.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I guess to make it concrete, which draft do you like better:
    LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
    WR ANTHONY MILLER
    S TRAVARIOUS MOORE
    DT BREELAND SPEAKS
    G COLE MADISON
    RB ITO SMITH
    T DESMOND HARRISON
    TE DURHAM SMYTHE
    LB SKAI MOORE
    DE JUSTIN LAWLER

or

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
    WR DJ MOORE
    S TRAVARIOUS MOORE
    RB ITO SMITH
    T DESMOND HARRISON
    TE DURHAM SMYTHE
    LB SKAI MOORE
    DE JUSTIN LAWLER

Obviously this is a lot of guessing so perhaps it's Evans and Sutton or heck Moore and Hernandez or so on but we should get two starters with those first two picks no question.
    Yeah I like the second one more. But I really like Moore and I'm not that high on Miller. I'm not a big Speaks guys either.