User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas - Patriots Trade

Dallas - Patriots Trade

Would do the following?

Trade to the Patriots our 19 (1st), 50 (2nd), 116 (4th), and 171 (5th) for their 23rd (1st) and 31st (1st)?

Likely we could land 2 of Hernandez, DJ Moore, Connor Williams, Evans, LVE (maybe), Courtland Sutton,

The trade value is dead on though we might be able to extract a little more if they are moving up for Lamar Jackson. Of course it's not like they are QB desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Would do the following?

Trade to the Patriots our 19 (1st), 50 (2nd), 116 (4th), and 171 (5th) for their 23rd (1st) and 31st (1st)?

Likely we could land 2 of Hernandez, DJ Moore, Connor Williams, Evans, LVE (maybe), Courtland Sutton,

The trade value is dead on though we might be able to extract a little more if they are moving up for Lamar Jackson. Of course it's not like they are QB desperate.
    I would but I doubt the Patriots would. You're only moving down 4 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I would but I doubt the Patriots would. You're only moving down 4 spots.
    They get a haul of picks. They would have a better 1st, 3 2nds, a 4th (which they lack), and a 5th (which they lack). If they really want Lamar Jackson, it would make sense. Personally I don't know why anyone would really want Lamar but whatevs.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I don't think the top end talent is worth that in this draft. I sit still and let the draft come to me.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    They get a haul of picks. They would have a better 1st, 3 2nds, a 4th (which they lack), and a 5th (which they lack). If they really want Lamar Jackson, it would make sense. Personally I don't know why anyone would really want Lamar but whatevs.
    I mean if I can get LVE and Sutton and still have a third and fourth round pick? I'm down for that. Plus you get that fifth year option on both guys.

Hell no. If I'm trading down I want more picks, not less.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Yeah, hell no. At some point the picks themselves are worth more than the chart says.

If they want 19, I’ll take 31 and 43.

9. The following user likes this post:

In this scenario we're moving down only 4 spots in the 1st and giving up a mid-4th and nearly the last pick in the 5th to move up 19 spots from mid-2nd to late-1st. Anybody turning that down should have their heads checked unless someone like James falls to 19.

Chances are that we'll get substantially the same caliber of player at 23 as we would at 19, if not the exact same player, and then at that point you're only giving up a mid-4th and basically the last pick of the 5th to move up 19 spots into the late 1st.

Effectively this would be like trading that mid-4th and late-5th to move up from 50 to 31, which is obviously a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    In this scenario we're moving down only 4 spots in the 1st and giving up a mid-4th and nearly the last pick in the 5th to move up 19 spots from mid-2nd to late-1st. Anybody turning that down should have their heads checked unless someone like James falls to 19.

Chances are that we'll get substantially the same caliber of player at 23 as we would at 19, if not the exact same player, and then at that point you're only giving up a mid-4th and basically the last pick of the 5th to move up 19 spots into the late 1st.

Effectively this would be like trading that mid-4th and late-5th to move up from 50 to 31, which is obviously a steal.
    Not just no but hell no.

Especially in our circumstances where our depth is so questionable. And rounds 2-4 of this draft look pretty good.

Give up 4 picks to get back two? Uh no. No way.

Quote from Peter King:

There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”