2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to Tapper, I'm not sure what a rookie with little to no practice time in the pros up to that point could be expected to contribute.

I'd rather they shut him down for the season and focus on getting him ready for the off-season programs.
If he was a WR or a DE I'd agree completely. But he is a LBer. There is a certain amount of playing a LBer can kind of do without really "being ready." You can put a guy like Jaylon out on basically every special teams unit because of his size, speed and tackling ability. Doesn't really take much prep work to do those things. And then you can slowly work him into the defense from a reserve role.

Of course what you have to ask yourself is if those contributions are worth carrying him on the roster for a few weeks while he is still injured. I think week 10 is when you have to make a decision on IR or use a roster spot on him. If he isn't ready until week 13 that means you have to waste a roster spot for 3 games with zero contribution. Right now I think Jaylon's talent is enough to make it worth those 3 games but I'm still on the fence if he isn't going to be healthy until week 13.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If he was a WR or a DE I'd agree completely. But he is a LBer. There is a certain amount of playing a LBer can kind of do without really "being ready." You can put a guy like Jaylon out on basically every special teams unit because of his size, speed and tackling ability. Doesn't really take much prep work to do those things. And then you can slowly work him into the defense from a reserve role.

Of course what you have to ask yourself is if those contributions are worth carrying him on the roster for a few weeks while he is still injured. I think week 10 is when you have to make a decision on IR or use a roster spot on him. If he isn't ready until week 13 that means you have to waste a roster spot for 3 games with zero contribution. Right now I think Jaylon's talent is enough to make it worth those 3 games but I'm still on the fence if he isn't going to be healthy until week 13.
It would be nice to get him out on the field for 2 or 3 games, on limited snaps just to see what he can do.

But the roster spot might be a situation we can't afford to give up especially that late in the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be nice to get him out on the field for 2 or 3 games, on limited snaps just to see what he can do.

But the roster spot might be a situation we can't afford to give up especially that late in the season.
Yeah and that's why I'm on the fence. I have no idea what types of injuries could hit and if we can afford to keep him as an injured player for a few weeks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well, no shit.
Well said actually, especially when you have a team that basically plays in a dome and a couple of years ago literally quit in Chicago because they were cold.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Boy, that makes me wish we traded for DeMarco and drafted that stud Ramsey. We'd be undefeated.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Boy, that makes me wish we traded for DeMarco and drafted that stud Ramsey. We'd be undefeated.
Week 1 against Green Bay -- allowed 3 of 4 for 25 yards.

Week 2 against San Diego -- allowed 3 of 5 for 25 yards

Week 3 against Baltimore -- allowed 4 of 6 for 13 yards

Ramsey played all but three snaps in those games, against Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco, who threw 34, 25 and 40 passes, respectively. He allowed 10 catches on 15 attempts (a "burn rate" of 66.7%) -- but only 6.3 yards per catch, 4.2 yards per attempt, 21.0 yards per game and less than 0.65 yards per opponent pass attempt. All of those numbers are very, very good

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Week 1 against Green Bay -- allowed 3 of 4 for 25 yards.

Week 2 against San Diego -- allowed 3 of 5 for 25 yards

Week 3 against Baltimore -- allowed 4 of 6 for 13 yards

Ramsey played all but three snaps in those games, against Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco, who threw 34, 25 and 40 passes, respectively. He allowed 10 catches on 15 attempts (a "burn rate" of 66.7%) -- but only 6.3 yards per catch, 4.2 yards per attempt, 21.0 yards per game and less than 0.65 yards per opponent pass attempt. All of those numbers are very, very good
That's odd because I remember a play against the Packers where he got torched for a long pass play. I wonder how they calculate "whose fault" it is.

Cotton

Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wow. Kid seems to really have his priorities well adjusted.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is just so even keeled. The guy is coming off the biggest win of his career. Any other man would be cashing in and popping bottles in the club. This dude wants to go visit his grandma.

It's just so nice to have a QB who is consistent and good. The highs with Romo were wonderful and the lows with Romo were absolutely miserable. Was like a constant roller coaster ride. Dak's entire life is just one consistent and steady thing.

Cotton

Staff member
Wow. Kid seems to really have his priorities well adjusted.
This plus skipping the Kanye concert leaves me believing we will have no issues off the field with this kid.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Most might not see it as a big deal, and it's certainly not a requirement to be a good QB but it is refreshing to see how grounded this guy is.

Still feel like he's gonna peel the mask back and really be the devil or some shit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Most might not see it as a big deal, and it's certainly not a requirement to be a good QB but it is refreshing to see how grounded this guy is.

Still feel like he's gonna peel the mask back and really be the devil or some shit.
Yeah I am waiting for reports of them digging up his backyard in Starksville.:lol

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dunbar holding on to a roster spot is of the utmost teh ludicre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom