User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jaylon Smith doing drills without brace

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Let's hope. But the early results weren't promising.

He COULD develop and end up great, but I don't think it's wise to count on that.
    Looked pretty promising to me. But I guess that's how two people can look at the same thing and have 2 different opinions. But he was fourth on the team in tackles, chipped in a sack and a couple fumbles. Promising building blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Looked pretty promising to me. But I guess that's how two people can look at the same thing and have 2 different opinions. But he was fourth on the team in tackles, chipped in a sack and a couple fumbles. Promising building blocks.
    He does some things well when he can move in a straight line. Pretty brutal in coverage and side to side movement though, which are major parts of his responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    He does some things well when he can move in a straight line. Pretty brutal in coverage and side to side movement though, which are major parts of his responsibilities.
    Last year the biggest struggle was when he got running hard one direction but then needed to go back the other direction. In a straight line he had speed and burst. But you're right, when he took the wrong steps there was no make up ability. Obviously his leg has progressed since then though, so I'm hoping that will be far less of a problem next year. Plus wrong steps are common with rookies. You'll see a guy like Sean Lee get caught going the wrong direction far less.

Yes, lateral mobility is the key. He had none last year.

Hes a tall-legged guy on top of things which makes it harder for him to change direction quickly anyways. Since college Jaylon has been mainly a downhill player