User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 mock draft tracker: The consensus pick for the Cowboys after Dez Bryant’s release

And for the record, I'm not a fan of taking another OL in the 1st either.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    And for the record, I'm not a fan of taking another OL in the 1st either.
    To be fair last year was an almost entirely defensive draft. We have drafted LBers high, Dlineman high, and corners high. We have been far from ignoring the defense in the draft. If anything it's WR that we have ignored for way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah you just called him old. He's 23. Guys like Roquan Smith are 21. Not sure 2 years makes a player not "elite"
    I also never said somebody's age makes them elite or not. If it did, there would be about 300 elite players entering the draft this year.

I just don't see Ridley as being an elite WR. Regardless of his age or height. He's very good, but him being 23 is a drawback, whether you want to admit it or not. Has he hit his physical ceiling already? Possibly. He'll be 27-28 when it's time for his 2nd contract. The same age as Dez when his supposed "decline" started. Hell, Dez is only 29 now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I also never said somebody's age makes them elite or not. If it did, there would be about 300 elite players entering the draft this year.

I just don't see Ridley as being an elite WR. Regardless of his age or height. He's very good, but him being 23 is a drawback, whether you want to admit it or not. Has he hit his physical ceiling already? Possibly. He'll be 27-28 when it's time for his 2nd contract. The same age as Dez when his supposed "decline" started. Hell, Dez is only 29 now.
    Nope I'd actually prefer that he was 21 as well. But 23 years old is pretty normal for an NFL rookie. They aren't really old until you start talking about 25 year old rookies. So I don't think being 23 moves the needle much at all. At least it doesn't for me.

He looks like a young Marvin Harrison to me which is why I consider him elite.
    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 04-18-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    Our top defensive picks each draft since Ware in 2005...

2006 - Bobby Carpenter
    2007 - Anthony Spencer
    2008 - Mike Jenkins
    2009 - Jason Williams
    2010 - Sean Lee
    2011 - Bruce Carter
    2012 - Morris Claiborne
    2013 - J.J. Wilcox
    2014 - DeMarcus Lawrence
    2015 - Byron Jones
    2016 - Jaylon Smith
    2017 - Taco Charlton

The offense is fine, but we need some blue chip talent on the defense. Not an injury risk, not a work out warrior, but a guy who can spark a change of direction on the defense...much like the Tyron pick did for the offense back in 2011.
    Need an impact player. Hell I’d settle for a legit 1st rounder anywhere in the front seven.

With so many QBs and overrated WRs available it can push one of the solid defenders down to us. Or if a QB falls to 19 we might be able to engineer a trade down.

But screw reaching for a WR. This isn’t the year.