User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: RIP R. Lee Ermey

  1. #11
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,818
    His performance was not as great as Gunny's but Master Sergeant Waters from "A Soldier's Story" is my second favorite movie military character.



  2. The following user likes this post:


  3. #12
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,927
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    His performance was not as great as Gunny's but Master Sergeant Waters from "A Soldier's Story" is my second favorite movie military character.


    I have never seen that movie, but am going to have to watch it now. I assume the name of it is A Soldier's Story?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  4. #13
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I have never seen that movie, but am going to have to watch it now. I assume the name of it is A Soldier's Story?
    Yep that's the name. It's a very good movie. As you can see, there were quite a few well-known actors in this movie. David Alan Grier, Denzel Washington, Howard Rollins (Tibbs from In the Heat of the Night), Robert Townsend, etc.

  5. #14
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,927
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Yep that's the name. It's a very good movie. As you can see, there were quite a few well-known actors in this movie. David Alan Grier, Denzel Washington, Howard Rollins (Tibbs from In the Heat of the Night), Robert Townsend, etc.
    No doubt. I'm just wondering how the hell I have never seen it.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #15
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    9,592

  7. #16
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    47,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I have never seen that movie, but am going to have to watch it now. I assume the name of it is A Soldier's Story?
    It is an excellent movie.

  8. #17
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,384
    Quote Originally Posted by DCUDoomsday View Post
    Hate seeing this. Semper Fi Gunny.And it wasn't a stretch, the Gunny WAS one in his Marine career.
    That’s correct. It wasn’t acting for him it was him.
    Since Day One

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    That’s correct. It wasn’t acting for him it was him.
    And the first and one of the VERY few times Stanley Kubrick allowed an actor to improvise on set and contribute his/her own dialog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •