Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Chatter grows about Cowboys possibly pursuing Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Richard Sherman: Earl Thomas deserves top safety pay

By Austin Knoblauch
    Digital Content Editor
    Published: May 19, 2018 at 03:26 p.m.
    Updated: May 19, 2018 at 03:58 p.m.

Count Richard Sherman among those who aren't sure what the future holds for Earl Thomas and the Seattle Seahawks.

Thomas' current contract with the Seahawks expires after the 2018 season, and Sherman believes his former Legion of Boom co-conspirator should get paid.

"I think Earl Thomas deserves the money he's asking for," Sherman told NFL Network's Michael Robinson during Robinson's youth football camp in Richmond, Virginia, on Saturday. "I think he deserves to be compensated as the top safety in the league. Whether Seattle does that or not is up to them."

There's no doubt Thomas has been a huge part of what the Seahawks have accomplished under coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider in Seattle. But the Seahawks' numerous roster and coaching staff moves this offseason show they aren't afraid to part ways with the on-field architects of their past glories.

Looking past Thomas' somewhat strange Christmas Eve locker room visit with Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, there has been plenty of speculation about the six-time Pro Bowler's future in Seattle. Although the Seahawks want to sign the 29-year-old to a contract extension, the numbers might not be palpable to the team's long-term plans.

Sherman believes it's hard to understate how critical Thomas is to the Seahawks' defense.

"Obviously, that man plays at a high level and the defense doesn't really work without his contribution," Sherman said. "I think after a while you show a certain level of respect to your players who've put in the time. And he's been a great example of dedication and perseverance, and just incredible excellence. So obviously he deserves to get paid, but whether they pay him or not is up to them."

Whether the Seahawks feel the same way remains to be seen.

Who gives a flying fyyuucke what Richard Sherman thinks? Go blow your nose is your balaclava. What is up with these current and former players?

Who gives a shit what Deion Sanders thinks about Earl Thomas? Or T.O on any topic? Or what Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson think about anything? Go home, shut up. Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Dallas won't pay him what he wants either.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Good.

Yeah, we definitely shouldn't.

The new who cares safety market.

Can't have a steak on every plate.

We're set up pretty well at DE and CB, some potential at LB to have a good year. Surely Heath and Woods can hold down the safety spots for a year.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post

We're set up pretty well at DE and CB, some potential at LB to have a good year. Surely Heath and Woods can hold down the safety spots for a year.
    I am counting on Woods taking a step this year. If he can, we will be fine at the position.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post

Frazier is a good box safety too, I think we're pretty well covered as far as box safeties/guys who can come down and cover the slot and within 10 or so yards, my only concern is whether or not we have a guy who we can truly count on as that single-high Cover-3 safety who needs to have the range and ability to diagnose to cover a lot of ground.

I think Woods could potentially be that guy but of course we don't know for sure.

Surprisingly enough Jeff Heath has steadily improved. His hustle on the last defensive play basically won the Oakland game after Lewis tried his best to lose it.

He might have grown to Church's level, which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Surprisingly enough Jeff Heath has steadily improved. His hustle on the last defensive play basically won the Oakland game after Lewis tried his best to lose it.

That PI was bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post

I have always liked Heath. He is a scrapper type. He may not have an abundance of finess but he is a sure tackler and never quits on a play. He isn’t strong as coverage back because of his read abilities but that is improving. The bottom line is he is physical and a good tackler.
    Since Day One