The Beer Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Woke Up Screaming (Habanero Porter)
Ayuh (ESB–Extra Special Bitter)
Post More Pils (Pilsner)
This literally made me :lol sitting here in my office. Thank god I didn't open the DCC during that last meeting I was in.

Cotton

Staff member
I like Tad Amount as the Light Beer offering from DCC Brewing.
Really, it should be the only non-alcoholic beer of the bunch.

Cotton

Staff member
I think the Rant tribute beer should be classified a day beer. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Abracadabre Ale

Cotton

Staff member
Dookie Stick (dark lager)

Cotton

Staff member
Pitcher of water (Miller Lite)

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Absolutely. Make it a lower ABV Session IPA instead of a regular IPA and you have yourself a nice day beer.
We really need to get the thumbsup smiley back.

Cotton

Staff member
:thumbsup smiley added.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Non-DCC Brewing product Stone Ruination is delicious.
Yes it is.

While it doesn't get the hype of the much harder to find 120 minute, Dogfish 90 minute is just a damn good beer

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Drinking 8th Wonder's Rocket Fuel today. Vietnamese Coffee Porter. Sounds really deep and dark, but it is surprisingly drinkable.

Not gonna lie though, I mainly bought it because the blonde girl handing out samples at HEB had a big ole butt, and I was mesmerized.
Going to a bachelor party tomorrow and the groom is bringing some beer into town with him (he lives in Houston now & is coming in from there). 8th Wonder Rocket Fuel is one of the sixers he is bringing. Looking forward to trying it.

junk

Not So New Member
I did some trades. Got some Treehouse (Green and Bright) as well as the Modern Times recent special release IPA, Attack Frequency.

All were excellent. Bright may have been the best, but I'll always recommend anything from Modern Times. If you get the chance, get some of their beer. City of the Sun, which is a seasonal release, is one of the best IPAs I've ever had.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I did some trades. Got some Treehouse (Green and Bright) as well as the Modern Times recent special release IPA, Attack Frequency.

All were excellent. Bright may have been the best, but I'll always recommend anything from Modern Times. If you get the chance, get some of their beer. City of the Sun, which is a seasonal release, is one of the best IPAs I've ever had.
I would like to try some beer from Treehouse. Heard a lot of good things about it.

I had a crowler of Modern Times Booming Rollers. Incredibly smooth. I am going to have to get my hands on more of their stuff.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I would like to try some beer from Treehouse. Heard a lot of good things about it.

I had a crowler of Modern Times Booming Rollers. Incredibly smooth. I am going to have to get my hands on more of their stuff.
How did you feel about the 8th Wonder?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
How did you feel about the 8th Wonder?
Thumbs up. Very smooth for the style. I like a coffee porter once in a while and it is a really good one. Definitely agree with your 'surprisingly drinkable' comment. I will seek it out again.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I picked up a couple bombers of Saint Arnold's Pumpkinator today. I am not real big on pumpkin beers in general but I do like a lot of imperial stouts. So far I have failed to be impressed by the regionally revered Saint Arnold Brewing, but in fairness I haven't had this one or any of their other small batch stuff yet. Pumpkinator is supposed to be one of their best.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
Had this for dinner last night. One of the best stouts I've ever drunk. A bit like drinking chocolate syrup, but in a good way

Top Bottom