When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

• Dak

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Tony

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But what I know is is 15-4 in his last 19 games, and the club is 1-12 in that same time period without him. It's clear he's been doing something right.
Romo has been great. He has had a great career. And I don't believe his career is totally over just yet. But you don't bench the starting QB of a team that is playing like ours is currently.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't understand how you blame the QB when Flozell goes down and the OL is the unit that throws up the "complete stinker."

Tony didn't have time to do anything once Allen started abusing Free and Ray Edwards looked like an All-Pro.

When you QB doesn't have time to think, much less react, I just don't see how you put any of that on the QB.
Because every time Romo has a bad game, it's someone else's fault. And no matter what anyone thinks, a 3 step drop takes basically nothing in terms of protection. Peyton Manning was the master of having absolute shit protection and just getting the ball off in the face of pressure. Romo has never been good at that. I give Romo all the props in the world when he does great things but I think it's silly to shield him from criticism when he does bad things.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is a season by season league anymore.

It is hard for those of us that have seen sustained greatness.

This has been a grueling journey since the early 1990s.

We are not used to having winning teams, not just superstars.

We are a winning team now. I think you ride the shit out of it until it just isn't.

And if Romo is really just this great player that needed a supporting cast, he will take care of business.

I just don't want to force anything.

There is no reason to unless you are a sentimental sap that thinks we owe Romo the "opportunity" to guide a team to the promised land.

It is not an insult to Romo that at the end of the day, his entire career was squandered by his supporting cast.

That is on Jones. On Garrett.

To overlook tangible, right now results to try to correct the organizational errors that have exists during his career is just dumb.

Believe it or not, I still think the jury is out on Prescott. Still more to go.

But I also am not going to pretend Romo is something he's not, especially since he is basically a cripple now, based on our dependency.

Jones is addicted to Romo bailing him out. We are used to it, so is the team.

We are going through a fresh rehab session right now.

I know this might now be popular, but I see Romo now how Manning was last year.

Was he the catalyst that propelled them to a title?
I agree with this. I don't have any sentimental attachments to Romo I simply think the team needs him . I am not convinced yet that Dak is going to be able to handle all the nuances of the game if and when it comes to playoff time and secondly that he will make it through the season unschathed physically.

Romo is a valuable piece of the run for a championship if the team gets that far. His ability to perform at top levels is something that needs to be accomplished and dealt with. It would be irresponsible to not allow him to be in a position accomplish this.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I could see a situation where Dak remains the starter, gets the team to the playoffs, and hits a wall.

Dak is a rookie..he's going to hit a wall, or meet a DC that figures him out, gets in a game thats too big, etc. Its just a matter of when.

I don't think anyone could underestimate the value Romo brings there having his experience and most importantly at 100% health ready to go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's not blind loyalty; people are amazed because he's a rookie playing beyond his years, but he's not putting up any numbers that Romo hasn't, and hasn't reached the ceiling that Romo has on many occasions.

Meanwhile Dak has turned the ball over 3 times in the past two games, but people are excusing that because their narrative is set.
Oh come on. Yeah, let's bring turnovers into the discussion. Romo will lose hands down.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I could see a situation where Dak remains the starter, gets the team to the playoffs, and hits a wall.

Dak is a rookie..he's going to hit a wall, or meet a DC that figures him out, gets in a game thats too big, etc. Its just a matter of when.

I don't think anyone could underestimate the value Romo brings there having his experience and most importantly at 100% health ready to go.
Yup.

The best rookie QB season we've seen in recent memory was Big Ben 2004.

He eventually hit that wall late in the season and didn't play well in the playoffs. But I think playing so well so soon helped elevate him into the guy he became.

The Steelers won the SB the very next year.

It would be awesome if Dak could follow that same trajectory.

But the luxury we would have that the Steelers didn't would be an experienced, pro bowl caliber QB to go to in that instance. But unless that happens, we should stick it out with Prescott.

data

Forbes #1
Whichever side you're on, I think all agree that Dak and Romo are on a leash. How long is that leash? Same length of leash for both QBs?

Say we stick with Dak and he flat out sucks. Do you start Romo game 2? If Dak sucks 1st half of second game, you put in Romo at halftime or for game 3?

Same question to Romo coming back as starter.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Has any minds been changed?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whichever side you're on, I think all agree that Dak and Romo are on a leash. How long is that leash? Same length of leash for both QBs?

Say we stick with Dak and he flat out sucks. Do you start Romo game 2? If Dak sucks 1st half of second game, you put in Romo at halftime or for game 3?

Same question to Romo coming back as starter.
I think Dak has earned himself at least a couple game leash if for no other reason then he has helped us to a record that allows for that. Amd if that happens and you put Romo in then you have to ride Romo the rest of the way or until he gets hurt.

Basically the last thing you want to do is keep swapping QBs. They have different skill sets and the offense is run different under each guy. If you switch them back and forth I think you will see the execution of other players start to slip as a result.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, opinions are mostly based on perception.
That doesn't matter, it's still based on facts. Perceptions are based on facts too. No different than an expert opinion for us lawyers. It's an opinion but it's supposed to be based on actual facts of a case. And opinions can be wrong for that reason.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I love Tony Romo, a little Homo for Romo if you will, but I voted for Dak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You were comparing opinions earlier by talking about the opinion of pigs flying. Was that based on facts?
It's an extreme example to prove a point. A person can hold the opinion that pigs can fly. Technically speaking no one can absolutely prove that opinion is wrong. But it's an opnion that has no facts to support it.

But now we are way off topic.

Top Bottom