User Tag List

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant released

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    So why don't they want to specify the 'inconsistencies"? What harm could come from telling the fanbase the painful detail of what we all watched last season. Im guessing its not a flattering analysis, so we won't go into all that.
    Maybe they're just not wanting to publicly shit on him while he's still trying to get a job? Having another team call and ask about him off the record is one thing. Just putting it out into the media is another. Start doing that to players, and good luck ever getting somebody wanting to sign here as a FA again. You'd have to massively overpay to get them to even consider.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    So why don't they want to specify the 'inconsistencies"? What harm could come from telling the fanbase the painful detail of what we all watched last season. Im guessing its not a flattering analysis, so we won't go into all that.
    I think Jerry made it pretty clear that he doesn't want the coaches to talk badly about Dez. Jerry has gone out of his way to basically praise the guy. But clearly our coaches didn't think he played well at all last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Maybe they're just not wanting to publicly shit on him while he's still trying to get a job? Having another team call and ask about him off the record is one thing. Just putting it out into the media is another. Start doing that to players, and good luck ever getting somebody wanting to sign here as a FA again. You'd have to massively overpay to get them to even consider.
    Exactly. Kind of retarded.

I will say that when they say "inconsistencies" I think they mean "effort".

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I will say that when they say "inconsistencies" I think they mean "effort".
    Focus is more the issue than effort. I think Bryant is badly in denial about with decline as an athlete. Instead of realizing it was inevitable and taking steps to be a more technical player (which he certainly has the athleticism to do), he let it get into his head and frustrate him. He's like an aging beauty queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I think Jerry made it pretty clear that he doesn't want the coaches to talk badly about Dez. Jerry has gone out of his way to basically praise the guy. But clearly our coaches didn't think he played well at all last year.
    Its funny, if the truth is spoken publicly, its deemed to be talking badly about Bryant. As if it's disrespectful to his professionalism.
    To say that his play declined, and that his contract was out of line with his current skill set doesn't have to be seen as a slight. Its just fact.
    Bottom line: not only did he not re-sign with the team, he didn't get an offer. If that doesn't speak ill of the guy, I don't know what does.
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

I think it's a double edged sword. His abilities were obviously declining but he was also released after free agency began when he had a better chance to sign with another team if he had been let go of earlier. I don't feel badly for him, he made more money last year than I'll make in my life and whatever he did with it is his business, not mine.

9. The following user likes this post:

p1_

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    I think it's a double edged sword. His abilities were obviously declining but he was also released after free agency began when he had a better chance to sign with another team if he had been let go of earlier. I don't feel badly for him, he made more money last year than I'll make in my life and whatever he did with it is his business, not mine.

This sounds kinda silly, but I wonder if they didn't decide to cut him once they see how bad the Amazon show made him look.

If it was truly about his ability, it could have been done much sooner.

I wonder if they would have gotten rid of him if they knew Witten was gonna retire.