Bob Sturm got the axe

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I frankly don't know this guy from any of the rest of them. He never pissed me off that I can remember though...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He's the best local guy there is, also you've been massively timestamped think it was booze who posted this soon as he tweeted it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Where's he going? Will he still be on the radio?
His last tweet when asked about articles was .... Soon. I'm assuming he will at least post links on Twitter.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I frankly don't know this guy from any of the rest of them. He never pissed me off that I can remember though...
he was never one of the “writers” per se, but they must have liked his blog material, which seems far and away better than what the DMN cowboys beat writers offer, IMO at least.

Cotton

Staff member
he was never one of the “writers” per se, but they must have liked his blog material, which seems far and away better than what the DMN cowboys beat writers offer, IMO at least.
He was considered a “special contributor”.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
He spoke truth to power, called 'em as he seen 'em. And through his video clips he actually dealt with the realities of bad plays or bad play calling.

It was too close to the bone for DMN, which walks a fine line between trying to be a legitimate journalistic enterprise, a click-whore, and not pissing off Jerry too much.

They don't succeed at any of it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Strum was technically the best eye on the Cowboys as far as being able to dissect problem areas and analysing performance but the terrible truth is he is pretty boring as far as being a radio personality. His show was so low key that it put you to sleep. He is someone that takes a too serious approach to sports.

Most radio show fans are looking for entertainment as well as sports news. Strum was all Sports analysis. To bad but the market place is what drives the media and the audience for radio isn’t as interested in information as they are being entertained.

p1_

DCC 4Life
LT, you’re right about his radio show, but the Ticket is far and away the most popular of sports radio stations in Dallas. And those hosts are good enough that they don’t have to rely on stupid gags and schlick for their high ratings.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Ticket doesn't rely on schtick?

I think I know what you mean, though. Their schtick is just better than most others. It's not shock-jock intentionally irritating stuff like a Bayless or Stephen A.

Anyway, my HSO after listening to him a lot more lately is that Bob is way overrated. I think these online pieces he does with all the gifs are actually some of his best work. On the radio though? If not for having a great radio voice I don't know how talented he really is. To me he focuses on the wrong things a lot of the time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
There have been more moves made by The Athletic in the last few weeks than have been made by all of MLB.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and maybe his articles will be easier to post from that site. Posting his articles from the DMN was a massive pain in the ass.

Cotton

Staff member
I figured hard paywall, no?
There is a paywall, but it's cheap. I will most likely get the subscription myself, so we can have his articles. His level of content is well worth it, IMO.

Top Bottom