This isn't new thread worthy, but JFC

midswat

... soon
When I used to be a Cowboys fan, there is nothing I hated more than our divisional rivals. I remember the final game of the 2008 (IIRC) season where we faced the Eagles in a win and in game, and got embarrassed. I was inconsolable after that game - surrounded by my idiot ex wifes family for the holidays, I literally had to excuse myself to my home office and just be left alone for a while. It bothered me that much.

I am so sick and frustrated with this organization, the decisions they make over and over and over again. I just can't support a team when I honestly feel like the owner literally doesn't care anymore.

Jason Garrett has been here since 2007. Been the head coach since mid-way 2010. 1 playoff win. Only two playoff appearances. Had a franchise QB the vast majority of the time. If you see teams floundering around the NFL, its likely because they lack a quality QB. That hasn't been Garretts issue.

Look at what the Eagles have done. They hired Chip Kelly in 2013. Made the playoffs. Made a bunch of stupid trades and foolish contracts. Got rid of some of their best players. Became somewhat of a punchline of a franchise. Fire Kelly. Hire a first time head coach in 2016. Team has no franchise QB. Questionable depth all over the place. They make a great trade for a FCS QB. And in year two.... YEAR TWO they're going to the NFC Championship.

Doug Pederson without one of their best corners most of the year (Darby) and despite losing their All Pro LT, accumulated a good enough record to be in position to compete for the #1 seed in the NFC. Then.... with a journeyman back up scrub QB, they go out and secure the #1 seed and win a playoff game against the defending NFC Champion, to advance to the conference championship. A playoff run that idiot Garrett can't even begin to smell.

Let this marinate... the god damned Philadelphia Eagles have been to six.... SIX NFC Championships since our last appearance.

You see it all around the league.... young, unproven, first time head coaches come into a franchise and make IMMEDIATE impacts. The teams IMMEDIATELY compete. McVeigh takes over a dumpster fire Rams team and hosts a playoff game in year one. Pederson as mentioned. Whatever that fucks name in Atlanta goes to a Super Bowl. Zimmer, with a career journeyman QB wins his division.

But your assinine owner stubbornly keeps garretts stupid ass employed. Just replace a few assistants. Talk about how disappointed you are, but how excited you are about the future, and how you're looking at the man in the mirror. Rehash the same bullshit, with his signature I'm smarter than you smirk and get away with it. Because the cowboys are a brand - most valuable franchise in the world. And cowboys fans are idiots who blindly support them. Jerry Jones is shitting in a plate and telling cowboys fans it's a t-bone and the fans dig in.

It just bothers me so much because it isn't.... fair? I openly admit I jumped on the bandwagon back in the day. Everyone loves a winner, and when I was a kid there was no local team. They always showed the 9'ers and Cowboys on TV and I just liked Emmitt and Irvin and Aikman and never liked the 9'ers. But I earned my keep by being a devout follower of the team through far more bad than good. I supported Campo. Never missed a snap. For years I scheduled life events around Cowboys games. I'd haggle with Directv and purchase channels otherwise unavailable just so I could watch them play against the Raiders in the preseason. I've flown out to Texas multiple times to watch them play (all prior to new stadium, mind you), or traveled to DC several times. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on merch over the years. Losses fucking hurt me.... literally gave me this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Not any more though - and I guess overall thats a good thing? A healthy thing? But to be honest I kind of hate it. I hate that I don't care when this team loses anymore. I hate that the season is over and I don't care about who our free agents are or who we're pursuing in the draft. And this isn't schtick. I'm not pretending to not care because it's edgy and I've always been kind of an obnoxious troll. I for real don't care. But I hate that I don't care... because from 1992 until somewhat recently, this team is something that brought me great joy. While the end of season embarrassments and even the dreadful Campo years were hard, I was an oblivious homer who always said "next year.... next year." The year we signed Kevin Hardy, La'Roi Glover, and Bryant Westbrook.... that was our year. :lol

I'm rambling and I'm sure this is a lot of broken tangent nonsense.

I just hate that I don't care anymore, because I do miss it. The attention I once gave this team, I now give the Tennessee Vols. The love and blind idiot optimism I once had with this team, they now get. I only come here still out of habit mostly. That, and while I am a jerk, I would never want to rob you guys of my hot takes. You don't deserve that. It's bad enough you're stuck on a forum run by iamtdg. :flip

I really feel like Jerry doesn't give a shit about the fan. Cares more about not walking on egg shells during the twilight of his life, and his weird relationship, having every employable aged Garrett on his payroll. He is holding this team hostage, and I don't see that ever happening.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I agree with just about everything you said.

In an NFL where the new norm is that any team can easily go from 4-12 one season to the SB the next, the Jones led teams simply wallow around in purgatory because of over optimism about talent and a hard headed approach to aging/underperforming players and coaches. There has been talent on these Cowboys teams, but the refusal to round out that talent with productive FA's and depth from the draft has basically nullified what talent there is. Then of course you have the decision to keep Garrett, which needs no explaining based on Jones needing a coach he can control.

Garrett has not proven anything other than the fact he can't coach, and he can't prepare a team to win in a big game. A real GM would have had Garrett replaced 5 years ago.

When you add all that in to the GM decisions made during the off season, you get the product loyal fans have had to stomach the last 20 years.

Jerry Jones is shitting in a plate and telling cowboys fans it's a t-bone and the fans dig in.
:lol

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seems implausible that you ever had a home office.

BTW, won't this draft meetup put $ into the pockets of a man everyone allegedly hates?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

BTW, won't this draft meetup put $ into the pockets of a man everyone allegedly hates?
From what I have seen, it is free to get into the draft, so how would that put money in Jerry's pocket?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
From what I have seen, it is free to get into the draft, so how would that put money in Jerry's pocket?
They won't be selling concessions/merchandise @ JerryWorld on draft weekend? Jerry wants the draft in Big D so he can lose money?

Cotton

Staff member
They won't be selling concessions/merchandise @ JerryWorld on draft weekend? Jerry wants the draft in Big D so he can lose money?
Sure they will. And, no one will be forced to buy any of it.

data

Forbes #1
Props.

I look all around my house and it’s nothing but blue and silver. I wish I could dump it, but I’ve got nothing else. Don’t follow other sports, not a hiker, not a gear head or anything else.

Like a druggie going through withdrawals and taking a hit, I occasionally watch old Staubach and Aikman games and highlight videos to make me feel better and remember why I invested my life into this in the first place.

When I come off that and return to reality, it sucks. The Cowboys are not a positive influence on my life anymore, but I still would rather watch them disappoint week after week than do anything else. Feels like regularly scheduled, mandatory dialysis treatments. Don’t like them, but can’t stop it.

Cotton

Staff member
Props.

I look all around my house and it’s nothing but blue and silver. I wish I could dump it, but I’ve got nothing else. Don’t follow other sports, not a hiker, not a gear head or anything else.

Like a druggie going through withdrawals and taking a hit, I occasionally watch old Staubach and Aikman games and highlight videos to make me feel better and remember why I invested my life into this in the first place.

When I come off that and return to reality, it sucks. The Cowboys are not a positive influence on my life anymore, but I still would rather watch them disappoint week after week than do anything else. Feels like regularly scheduled, mandatory dialysis treatments. Don’t like them, but can’t stop it.
I don't think I will ever be able to stop watching. But, the boycott is officially back on for me.

data

Forbes #1

For every $8 hot dog bought, we’ll pull out a plant or drag cleats through and raze a patch of grass that will cost $10 to fix.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think I will ever be able to stop watching. But, the boycott is officially back on for me.
Dont know why you ever called it off. One 13-3 season isn’t the medicine for the root problem that ails us. Remember that next time we luck into a playoff game.

Until Jerry hires a real GM with power, it’s all just lipstick on a pig.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didn't watch the last two games. One intentional and the other not. I don't feel like I missed out and was able to enjoy my Sunday.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd love to say "let's put this all in perspective" and "Jerry really does want to win" and yadda yadda yadda. But I can't. I'm pretty discouraged. We are drafting well. We have good talent. We just have a coach that doesn't know how to use it. You can't look at a team like New England or the Saints and not feel sick to your stomach. They have good X and O people and they know how to use their weapons. They don't stubbornly stick to the same gameplan despite all evidence that other teams know how to combat it.

Cotton

Staff member
For every $8 hot dog bought, we’ll pull out a plant or drag cleats through and raze a patch of grass that will cost $10 to fix.
I like the way you think.

Cotton

Staff member
Dont know why you ever called it off. One 13-3 season isn’t the medicine for the root problem that ails us. Remember that next time we luck into a playoff game.

Until Jerry hires a real GM with power, it’s all just lipstick on a pig.
At the time I thought Zeke was going to be the next coming of Tony Dorsett. I talked myself into lifting the boycott just long enough to buy his jersey. It was a mistake I will not repeat.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is that really fair to this guy?

Hasn't he been through enough, I think we should find another way

data

Forbes #1
...another way, huh?

Well, if 8 of us all get a hot dog, that's $64. Knifing a security cart tire would take care of that bill.

Cotton

Staff member
...another way, huh?

Well, if 8 of us all get a hot dog, that's $64. Knifing a security cart tire would take care of that bill.
Or we can all take a giant shit in Jerry's office. Surely, the cleanup for that would equal $64. Plus, we would have the ultimate satisfaction of shitting on Jerry as a board..... literally.

Top Bottom