Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Packers | 10/16/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have to head out early today but I thought I'd be selfish and start the thread while everyone's sleeping off their Saturday night hangover.

Honestly this game is a toss up to me.

Conventional wisdom says the Packers should win this game. On the surface they have the better WR depth, better QB, and better defense.

However if you look a look a little deeper and award points based solely on the 2016 season and not previous years, you can make a strong argument that the Cowboys receivers have been better and Dak has out-performed Aaron Rodgers.

That said, historically the Cowboys don't do very well in Lambeau. So for that reason I'll pick the Packers in a close one.

Packers 29
Cowboys 25

Hope I'm wrong like last week.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
This will be a dog fight. GB is hurting-- we are flying high with a lot of confidence. Everyone is talking about our rushing attack vs the GB D-- but I think the game will come down to whether or not we contain Rodgers and keep him from killing us in the passing game.

He has been off his game thus far, and our secondary has been surprisingly steady. While Elliot won't have as much room as he's had the last 3 weeks-- I can't see GB shutting down our ground game entirely either.

We do just enough to shock the world:

Dallas 24
GB 20

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Looks like Lacy active with Cobb backing him up and spelling him in the backfield on occasion. Rodgers hasn't been sharp this year and if we can generate the same type of pass rush as last week I think the Packers will struggle to move the ball on offense. On the other side of the ball, their run D isn't as good as the rankings suggest (they've played only the Jags, Vikings, Lions and Giants, and none of those teams run the ball particularly well). This game reminds me a lot of the Seattle game in 2014, except I don't think the Packers are as good as that Seattle team was. I say we pull the upset by the skin of our teeth.

Cowboys 24
Packers 23

kidd

DCC 4Life
I think we should do a lot of QB Options today to keep them guessing who has the ball out of the backfield.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys - 20

Packers - 27

Hope like hell I'm wrong.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've been out of the loop all week. Who is playing? Bryant? Tyron Smith? Bailey? Scandrick back yet? Etc.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I've been out of the loop all week. Who is playing? Bryant? Tyron Smith? Bailey? Scandrick back yet? Etc.
Bryant - maybe, but probably not

Tyron - Probable

Bailey - Yes

Scandrick - most likely will return after the bye.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like I am not going to be around for the some if not all of the game. Helping my neighbor offload 12 cords of firewood. It will be up to you boys to keep this bitch afloat.

~waits for unanimous cheers~

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm glad Lacy is playing. We don't seem to do well historically against weird backup situations that we should easily handle. I could see Cobb running for 100 yards on us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like I am not going to be around for the some if not all of the game. Helping my neighbor offload 12 cords of firewood. It will be up to you boys to keep this bitch afloat.

Fake fan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm glad Lacy is playing. We don't seem to do well historically against weird backup situations that we should easily handle. I could see Cobb running for 100 yards on us.
Both Cobb and Ty Montgomery will get carries.

data

Forbes #1

firewood?

Same thing, guys, and am missing the game. I'm washing my hair.

data

Forbes #1
When was the last time we won in Lambeau?

i think the last time we even beat GB was 2007 on Thirsday Night when Rodgers debuted after knocked out Favre.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In Dak I trust
30-27 Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

i think the last time we even beat GB was 2007 on Thirsday Night when Rodgers debuted after knocked out Favre.
That was in Texas Stadium.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

2008 Sunday night game.

Felix Jones with a long run and Miles Austin caught 2 deep balls.

We were thinking the future was bright after that one.

Top Bottom