User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Cowboys agree to terms with defensive end Kony Ealy on one-year deal

27 this year and a career high of 5 sacks. I don't mind taking a flyer on a talented player who probably comes pretty cheap, but I doubt this moves the needle much.

Kinda what I was thinking, but hey as long as he comes cheap why not take a flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    27 this year and a career high of 5 sacks. I don't mind taking a flyer on a talented player who probably comes pretty cheap, but I doubt this moves the needle much.
    Yeah I don't think anyone is viewing it a needle mover. At most he provides some depth. But I think our defensive scheme is a good fit for him. He won't be asked to drop in coverage and all the crazy stuff the Patriots ask of their players. Here he will be strictly a defensive lineman. Asked to rush the passer and stop the run. And honestly our depth at DE sort of sucks unless Gregory actually pulls his shit together this season and can provide that for us. A lot more like the Panthers were using him but at a cheap price.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I watched him against Atlanta, which is one of the games where he received the most extensive playing time, and his biggest issue seems to be his hand use and the fact that he often gives up/loses his chest. He's not very explosive and doesn't bring much speed off the edge but he has enough burst to cause problems when combined with his size/power in a rotational role if he can fix his hand use and use his length to his advantage.