The ‘Step Brothers’ scene McAdoo showed to toughen up Giants

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The ‘Step Brothers’ scene McAdoo showed to toughen up Giants

By Steve Serby

October 12, 2016 | 8:58pm

These are the times that try rookie coaches’ souls, but Ben McAdoo does not waver.

McAdoo was the picture of calm as he showed his Giants a clip from the movie “Step Brothers,” The Post learned, starring Will Ferrell (Brennan) and John C. Reilly (Dale).

From TheMovieSpoiler.com: “As they are walking they come to a road that Dale refuses to go down and wants to take an alternate yet much longer route home because of a bully that hangs out on this road. Brennan makes him go anyway and we find out the bully is only an adolescent boy with his schoolyard friends on a playground. However, the school kids proceed to beat up both Dale and Brennan and make them lick old dog poop that has turned white in the sun.”

There was laughter inside a meeting room filled with angry New York Football Giants determined to end this three-game losing streak Sunday at home against the Ravens.

But the message was unmistakable.

“Basically he said was, ‘They’re gonna try to come in and try to bully us,’ ” Dwayne Harris said. “We’re at our house, and we gotta come out and just play like it’s our house.”

Big Blue’s skid started by not defending MetLife Stadium from the Redskins. I asked Justin Pugh what he thought of the Step Brothers video.

“I thought it was funny,” he said.

What was funny about it?

“They’re licking white dogs—-,” Pugh said, and laughed. “How do you not laugh at that, you know what I mean? He’s got a belly full of white dogs—-, that’s funny.”

Asked what he took from it, Pugh said: “That this team’s gonna come in, they got some veteran guys, they’re gonna be bullies. But this is our house. This is our stadium. We set the tone, and we gotta come out and do that early in this game.”

Weston Richburg smiled.

“It was a scene where the bully kids make Will Ferrell eat the dog poop on the ground, the white dog poop,” Richburg said. “And, from my experience watching the movie, Will Ferrell goes back later in the movie and beats up the kids that made him eat the dog poop. We just need to get up and move on and go, and keep going.”

Victor Cruz laughed at the mention of “Step Brothers.”

“I kinda got that, you gotta just relax,” Cruz said. “At the end of the day, it’s just a game, we just gotta go out there and play, and play it at a high level, but it’s just a game. We just gotta relax and play the game, and have a little fun, and realize that it’s football, but we gotta smile at the same time, you know?”

When they looked at their rookie head coach Wednesday, when they listened to him, here is what they saw and heard:

Harris: “He comes in poised and, for us, that’s big, ’cause we don’t want to see him get rattled.”

Richburg: “That’s why I respect him so much is because he’s the same guy day in and day out. He’s not gonna let a situation dictate who he is and how he acts. When he’s consistent, it keeps everybody consistent, nobody’s losing their minds over something, and I respect that. I think a lot of guys do.”

Cruz: “I think I just hear a sense of ownership, of owning the position, and a sense of just understanding how to talk to us. I think he’s in a mode now where he knows how to talk to us and he knows how to get through to us and how to talk to us as men, as a whole, as a group. I think he’s doing a great job of it and I think we just have to continue to listen to what he says, listen to the game plan and things that he wants us to focus on, and then take it from there.”

By no means do the Giants confuse McAdoo with Jimmy Fallon.

“The way he speaks to us is very stern and very direct and very clear and concise about the things that he wants to accomplish, and the things that he expects from us,” Cruz said.

Pugh: “You don’t want someone that’s up and down, up and down, up and down, that consistency is key.”

McAdoo, asked what his message to the team was Wednesday, told The Post: “Baltimore’s a very physical team, and we just want to make sure we’re ready for that when they come in here on Sunday and we show how physical and heavy-handed of a football we can be.”

A McAdoo-doo moment if ever there was one.
------------

:lol

Stepbrothers is an all-timer.

But to use it as a motivational device?

If I am John Mara, I fire the guy tomorrow.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

Shoulda just shown the nutsack on the drums scene. Whats the fucking difference.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Maybe he was just warning them, cuz the Vikings are definitely gonna make them lick the white dog shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe he was just warning them, cuz the Vikings are definitely gonna make them lick the white dog shit.
Uh, the Vikings already beat them and made them lick the white dog shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Uh, the Vikings already beat them and made them lick the white dog shit.
Oh yeah, that's right. My F up. Ok fine...

Maybe he was just showing them that even though the Vikes had made them lick the white dog shit, there were millions of people that enjoyed watching it while laughing their asses off.

Better?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Um didn't the step brother's just get their asses kicked in that scene.:unsure

shane

DCC 4Life
There's no way this guy McAdoo is a good coach.
In game 1, I actually liked how he was going off on players and getting into their faces. That made a good impression on me. You'd never see Garrett do anything like that.

Top Bottom