QB Controversy Thread...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Guess we can put him down there with Iamtdg. Except Iamtdg is "actively rooting for it."

Would it make you feel better if I "actively root for it"? Cause thats about as hilarious.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Yeah, that would be hilarious.
It will be because I think at Romo's age and given his history, he has a big chance of getting hurt again. If they truly want him to be the QB that leads this team, why put him out there so quickly with the back injury history? They did the same shit with his collarbone and look what happened. Oh wait...the xrays showed the collarbone was healed!!!

SNAP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd say they were pretty tough games given the fact he's a rookie and Romo got the majority of the work with the starting team thruout camp.
No one denied its hard, just that it wouldn't be a "dick move." No one is trying to set Dak up to fail, we are all on the same team here. Romo isn't going back in against Cleveland to make him look good by comparison, it would be because that's whats best for him and the team.

data

Forbes #1
Refresher question since were starting to beat a dead horse. Say Romo of old comes back as starter, finishes out this season and all 16 games next season. Romo then retires.

It's 2018 Draft and we have opportunity to draft a legit Round 1 pick QB or high-priced free agent QB. Pull the trigger or bypass it and roll with the 7 games we've seen of Dak?

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The teams we've played thus far are a combined 9-16. Not exactly a murders row.
Such a stupid argument. He has shredded everyone. Including a very good Bengals. D.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No one denied its hard, just that it wouldn't be a "dick move." No one is trying to set Dak up to fail, we are all on the same team here. Romo isn't going back in against Cleveland to make him look good by comparison, it would be because that's whats best for him and the team.
Just to clarify, I don't think anyone in the organization is trying to set Dak up to fail. I think they want to win regardless. Has nothing to do with what game Romo comes back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is that a dick move?
Geez, who knew that comment would blow up. It was a comment on the fact that Romo is likely healthy for the Eagles game. But instead of having Romo play the Eagles they let Dak fight that one and then give Romo the Browns. Just sort of polar opposites. Eagles have one of the best defenses and the Browns have one of the worst. The Eagles are great at rushing the passer, the Browns are not.

Shit it was a comparison of those two games. People need to relax.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Refresher question since were starting to beat a dead horse. Say Romo of old comes back as starter, finishes out this season and all 16 games next season. Romo then retires.

It's 2018 Draft and we have opportunity to draft a legit Round 1 pick QB or high-priced free agent QB. Pull the trigger or bypass it and roll with the 7 games we've seen of Dak?
I'd say draft all D side of the ball, maybe pick up a guy to replace Free, pick up a nice b/u QB.

I think you gotta stick with Dak as your future guy.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I'm not dissecting it like that.

Bottom line is I feel like I'm watching the incarnation of Aikman/Emmitt 2...just very excited again about the games.

I just got tired of the rollercoaster ride we get with Romo. And just when he started playing like the QB we always wanted, here came the injury bug. Took a lot of wind out of the sail IMO.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm not dissecting it like that.

Bottom line is I feel like I'm watching the incarnation of Aikman/Emmitt 2...just very excited again about the games.

I just got tired of the rollercoaster ride we get with Romo. And just when he started playing like the QB we always wanted, here came the injury bug. Took a lot of wind out of the sail IMO.
Agreed.

At this point I'm just ready for the Romo era to be over.

I've made the comparison before of who would you rather have, Aikman or Favre?

I'll take an Aikman type of player over Favre every single time.

As if I needed any additional reminder of why I'm beyond ready to move on I got yet another reason after watching the highlights from the last two regular season games against the Packers that I posted in the other thread.

Fast forward to about the 35 minute mark.

For those too lazy to watch it here's a quick recap:

December 2, 2013: Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo was on the cover the week after he beat the Raiders on Thanksgiving, and were 7-5 leading the NFC East. The story was about how America shouldn't blame him for all of the Cowboys recent collapses. The next week, the Cowboys were destroyed by the Chicago Bears 45-28, although most of the blame for the loss went to the defense. However, the week after was a matchup with the Green Bay Packers, who had to use backup quarterback Matt Flynn with the usual starter Aaron Rodgers out with a broken collarbone. Dallas went up 26-3, and ultimately ended up losing 37-36, with much of the blame going to Romo for his two late interceptions, one of which resulted in the winning score and the other being the game-sealer. After a win in Washington the next week, Romo was ruled out for the final game after an back injury, required surgery. This game against the Philadelphia Eagles would ultimately decide the NFC East. Kyle Orton started, but the Cowboys lost a close one 24-22, ending their season at 8-8 for the 3rd straight year.
The Romo era in a fucking nut shell and quite ironic given this quote was from a SI that was defending him for the Cowboys collapses.

I'll never take away all of team passing records that he set and that he certainly made for some entertaining, and equally heartbreaking games such as the one above, but this era of failure needs to be put to rest already.

He was a great regular season QB, but unfortunately in 10 years as a starter that success never carried over to the playoffs for one reason or another.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll go ahead and say it...I'm going to laugh like a motherfucker when Romo is in the starting lineup for 2 or 3 games, gets drilled again, anddddd.... is lost for the season.

I'm not wishing it, I just expect it.
Then why laugh about it? It would harm the team if that scenario played out. I would hope that everyone wants both Prescott and Romo to play well when they are in the line up. If Romo craters again then it will be a sad day for the team.

Top Bottom