QB Controversy Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agreed.

At this point I'm just ready for the Romo era to be over.

I've made the comparison before of who would you rather have, Aikman or Favre?

I'll take an Aikman type of player over Favre every single time.

As if I needed any additional reminder of why I'm beyond ready to move on I got yet another reason after watching the highlights from the last two regular season games against the Packers that I posted in the other thread.

Fast forward to about the 35 minute mark.

For those too lazy to watch it here's a quick recap:

The Romo era in a fucking nut shell and quite ironic given this quote was from a SI that was defending him for the Cowboys collapses.

I'll never take away all of team passing records that he set and that he certainly made for some entertaining, and equally heartbreaking games such as the one above, but this era of failure needs to be put to rest already.

He was a great regular season QB, but unfortunately in 10 years as a starter that success never carried over to the playoffs for one reason or another.
What you have is a personal preference agenda. That's fine I guess but it's tunnel vision for the team. I want Romo to do well because he can help this team with his experience. I want Prescott to be able to take over if Romo has come to the end of the line but I don't want that to happen just so he can be discarded for another QB.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree with him, so I guess I'm a joe fan, too.
Agreeing with the idiocy of his post, or generally that Dak should continue starting?

I disagree generally, but I haven't had much issue with most of what you've said on the topic.

Joe fan on the other hand has been super aggressive and a good bit off the reservation with the things he's saying.

Which is pretty comical considering he was one of the most aggressively anti-Dak at draft time. Maybe there's a lesson for him there but that's for him to figure out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Agreeing with the idiocy of his post, or generally that Dak should continue starting?

I disagree generally, but I haven't had much issue with most of what you've said on the topic.

Joe fan on the other hand has been super aggressive and a good bit off the reservation with the things he's saying.

Which is pretty comical considering he was one of the most aggressively anti-Dak at draft time. Maybe there's a lesson for him there but that's for him to figure out.
I agree that if Romo is considered the best chance to win, he should start when healthy. Even if that falls on the Eagles week. If not, Dak should be left in for not only that game but for the rest of the season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, and to be perfectly clear, I hope Romo can come back and light the league up. I don't agree with the sentiment that it would hurt Dak's development. But, if Romo struggles even in the littlest bit, I think he should be pulled and replaced. Which, as we all know, ain't gonna happen once he is put into the starting role. That's why I hope they just leave Dak in.

Oh, and before anyone says anything the post about actively rooting for an injury, that was stated in the event that he struggles.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I agree that if Romo is considered the best chance to win, he should start when healthy. Even if that falls on the Eagles week. If not, Dak should be left in for not only that game but for the rest of the season.
Romo probably still is the "best chance to win", I just don't think he is for that game in particular. He's coming in cold, so it's logical he'll need to warm up, would you rather he'd do it vs. the eagles or browns?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo probably still is the "best chance to win", I just don't think he is for that game in particular. He's coming in cold, so it's logical he'll need to warm up, would you rather he'd do it vs. the eagles or browns?
That would my approach as well. Take an easier opponent to know some of the rust off.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Absolutely right.

But, you know, bitch/dick move and all that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do think Dak gives us the best chance to win in that Eagles game. So I'm certainly ok with leaving Dak in there for that one. But putting Romo in during the Browns game just feels like they are going out of their way to prove he still has it by tossing him up an easy one against the Browns. And god help us if Romo starts that game and loses. The fans will go crazy for Dak. And in turn we also probably hurt our chances pretty significantly of making the playoffs or getting a first round bye by taking a loss in our easiest game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do think Dak gives us the best chance to win in that Eagles game. So I'm certainly ok with leaving Dak in there for that one. But putting Romo in during the Browns game just feels like they are going out of their way to prove he still has it by tossing him up an easy one against the Browns. And god help us if Romo starts that game and loses. The fans will go crazy for Dak. And in turn we also probably hurt our chances pretty significantly of making the playoffs or getting a first round bye by taking a loss in our easiest game.
I get you are enthralled with Prescott. In fact most of us are but Aside from injury Romo has been a premier quarterback in the league. He is the starter and will resume that role when it is deemed so by the organization. At that point it is up to him to retain his job. If he doesn't then I have no doubt he will be pulled. The world will not come to an end nor will the race for the playoffs be lost. Who knows at what point he will be inserted? It could be that if Dallas secures a spot early by leaving Dak in then Romo will get tuned up in the interim before they start. Getting Romo ready for a run is the intelligent thing to do.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You're probably the guy who likes pulling Elliott at the goal line for Dunbar too. :tippytoe
If you are referring to the Dunbar TD run, they didn't pull Elliot for Dunbar. Dunbar was already in the game from the previous play. They didn't take Dunbar out because they wanted to hurry up to the line and keep the defense from putting in their goal line unit.

Good coaching that I don't remember seeing a whole lot in the past.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get you are enthralled with Prescott. In fact most of us are but Aside from injury Romo has been a premier quarterback in the league. He is the starter and will resume that role when it is deemed so by the organization.
Maybe, it's sort of wait and see at this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Geez, who knew that comment would blow up. It was a comment on the fact that Romo is likely healthy for the Eagles game. But instead of having Romo play the Eagles they let Dak fight that one and then give Romo the Browns. Just sort of polar opposites. Eagles have one of the best defenses and the Browns have one of the worst. The Eagles are great at rushing the passer, the Browns are not.

Shit it was a comparison of those two games. People need to relax.
Well it just sounds very "Dak vs Tony" when it's really not that at all.

Top Bottom