MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Baseball sucks.

That is all.
Just give me an Indian sweep of Toronto and an epic collapse, come from behind series win of the Giants over the Cubs to complete this awesome postseason.

After those two things, I couldn't give 2 shits what happens the rest of the way.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Javy Baez is slicker than snot on a doorknob. Damn that guy is smooth defensively.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Clutch 9th inning from the Cubs.

Now they need to start thinking about winning this right here. Try it end it in the 9th.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There it is.

Now you just gotta hold on to the win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Congrats [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Great comeback.

On to the LCS you go.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Wow. Big time. That bullpen has been the Achilles heel of the SFG all year and the Cubs were able to take advantage of it tonight. Huge, huge win.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Javy Baez is slicker than snot on a doorknob. Damn that guy is smooth defensively.
I love Ben Zobrist and he is an important part of the team but Javy Baez needs to be starting at 2B every day next season. Totally fluid athlete & a remarkable defensive player.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cheer up Ranger fans. Another good year is coming up. Maybe we can get all 19 games from Houston.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
baseball is dead to me
Pretty much.

I'm hoping the Cubs win, but I would imagine that the combined time that I'll spend watching games from here on out will add up to probably an hour at most.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Cheer up Ranger fans. Another good year is coming up. Maybe we can get all 19 games from Houston.
This is what I get for refraining from rubbing it in.

I guess you could smell my joy.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

Rev

Staff member
:lol

Rev

Staff member
This is what I get for refraining from rubbing it in.

I guess you could smell my joy.
It's the DCC. You didn't take your shot across the bow so I struck first.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Damnit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The new Tebowing...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whatever it takes to deflect the pain away.

And according to ace its Houston that has a complex.:lol

Rev

Staff member
Whatever it takes to deflect the pain away.

And according to ace its Houston that has a complex.:lol
Mission accomplished. Too easy :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
As you can attest NoDak, all anyone has to do is watch Javier Baez play in the field and it is easy to see that he is fantastic. Here are some numbers to further illustrate that. It is based off of Fangraphs Defensive Runs Saved, and while I think defensive metrics are still not perfect, this is pretty crazy:

Of anybody who played even one inning at second base in the big leagues in 2016, Baez was responsible for 11 Defensive Runs Saved, tied for third and just one run behind Boston's Dustin Pedroia and Detroit's Ian Kinsler.

Here's the thing, though: Baez only played 383 innings at second in the regular season. Pedroia and Kinsler both played more than 1,292 innings.

If you extrapolate out Baez's Defensive Runs Saved to 1,292 innings, he would've been at more than 37 DRS.
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/unbelievable-stat-sums-javy-baezs-amazing-defense-cubs

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't have Insider to access the full article but here is the beginning of Keith Law's article about Tim Tebow:

Tim Tebow is in the Arizona Fall League. He might be better suited to playing in an Arizona high school league. His presence here is a farce, and he looks like an imposter pretending to have talent he does not possess.

Tebow the baseball player is not a baseball player; he's a washed-up quarterback who has size and nothing else.
Ouch. Law is a former front office guy in Toronto and now does scouting/prospect coverage for ESPN. I am assuming he is out in Arizona to watch players in the Arizona Fall League, where Tebow is currently playing. He won't be playing in the AFL this weekend though because he has to work at his real job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom