Packers Stuff...

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Don't miss him not playing at all. I think Ryan Davis has shown more in limited snaps compared to what Irving had.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't miss him not playing at all. I think Ryan Davis has shown more in limited snaps compared to what Irving had.
I have to agree. I really liked what I saw out of Irving early last year and this year, but Ryan Davis has come on very strong in the last few games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Green continues to improve, I put him in full time. He is at Free's level now. If he continues to improve, he passes him pretty easily.
Feh.

Keep the vet playing if all other things are physically equal.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Feh.

Keep the vet playing if all other things are physically equal.
That's what I'm saying, you old fart. If Chaz continues to improve, all things will not be physically equal, and I start him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's what I'm saying, you old fart. If Chaz continues to improve, all things will not be physically equal, and I start him.
Problem is, he has to play to improve.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Feh.

Free isn't perfect. But I didn't notice anyone complaining Sunday.

He's the weakest link, but I think he is an important part of the line's chemistry.
Agreed. If we move on from Free during the offseason, fine. But I see no reason to mess with the line's chemistry mid season unless he just starts to play terribly. So far, he's done just fine. Free catches a lot of grief, but he's been a pretty good player for us.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Agreed. If we move on from Free during the offseason, fine. But I see no reason to mess with the line's chemistry mid season unless he just starts to play terribly. So far, he's done just fine. Free catches a lot of grief, but he's been a pretty good player for us.
HIs game against the Giants was not a thing of beauty.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
HIs game against the Giants was not a thing of beauty.
Neither was Zeke's. Remember when people were saying Morris should be starting after that game? I haven't been hearing that much lately.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Not sure WTF Gosselin is jabbering about. Rodgers is playing well enough to keep his team winning.

The big issue I see is that fucking guy loves to throw up a prayer on 3rd down and 9 out of 10 times the refs drop a flag for PI or illegal contact. He is the king of that bullshit.

Plus every time I see meatball McCarthy I wanna punch him in the face.

dallen

Senior Tech
Depending on what happens the rest of the way, I might be willing to start him in place of Free by year's end.
Not this year if Free keeps playing at this level. Let them compete in the offseason. There's no reason to mess with the oline chemistry unless we have to at this point

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not this year if Free keeps playing at this level. Let them compete in the offseason. There's no reason to mess with the oline chemistry unless we have to at this point
Agreed, basically the same stance I hold with Dak and Romo. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But it will be a discussion for the offseason.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Plus there is the fact that Green has not played much RT at all and you would definitely have some growing pains.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys might not recognize this Aaron Rodgers
1:44 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- For the third time since 2015, the Dallas Cowboys will play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

The Cowboys' 2014 season ended in bitter disappointment there in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Cowboys suffered their second-worst loss of the season there in 2015 with the offense failing to pass for more than 100 yards.

On Sunday, they get to test themselves against a team some see as one of the NFC’s best.

NFL Nation Packers reporter Rob Demovsky offers up a scouting report:

Aaron Rodgers: The Cowboys might not recognize Rodgers as the same quarterback who beat them by three touchdowns last season. On that day, Rodgers was his usual efficient self. He completed 63 percent of his passes, threw a pair of touchdowns without an interception and posted a 99.5 passer rating. This Rodgers is coming off a game in which he barely completed 50 percent of his passes (23-of-45), threw two interceptions and finished with a 65.0 rating in Sunday’s win over the Giants. Rodgers ranks last among qualified quarterbacks in completion percentage this season (56.1 percent).

Randall Cobb: At least Rodgers found a way to get Cobb going. After he had just one catch in the previous game, Cobb got into the flow of the offense and recorded his first 100-yard game with nine catches for 108 yards against the Giants. But he still doesn’t have a touchdown this season.

James Starks: If Eddie Lacy's left ankle injury remains problematic, the Packers will need much more from their veteran backup running back. Starks has just 42 yards rushing on 24 carries so far this season. This after they gave him a two-year, $6 million deal in the offseason. Lacy was on his way to a second straight 100-yard game until he dropped out in the third quarter against the Giants with 81 yards on 11 carries.

DEFENSE

Mike Daniels: He might be the best defensive lineman hardly anyone talks about, and he’s been one of the keys to the Packers’ resurgent run defense that’s holding teams to a league-best 42.8 yards rushing per game. Coordinator Dom Capers will count on Daniels to clog the middle against Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys’ top-ranked rushing offense.

Nick Perry: Who leads the Packers in sacks? Not Clay Matthews. Not Julius Peppers. No, it’s Perry, the former first-round pick who had been largely a disappointment in his first four seasons. But he’s finally had a run of good luck with his health, and he has 4.5 sacks through four games. That’s already a single-season career best.

Quinten Rollins and LaDarius Gunter: Anyone who expected the Packers to be in big trouble without their top two cornerbacks -- Sam Shields (concussion) and Damarious Randall (groin) -- against the Giants underestimated Rollins and Gunter. The second-year pros kept Odell Beckham Jr. largely in check and helped hold the Giants to just 199 yards passing.

Top Bottom