2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They were winning when he left the game and they then won the game. So yes.

Agreed. You first.

I thought we were gonna stop being deceptive?

Minus a couple interceptions (the game was in the rain after all), Romo's stats were basically equivalent to what Prescott is doing every week. 18-24 for 224 yards and 2 TDs. Romo does it and it's "mediocre." Dak does it and it's amazing. Deceptive much? He moved the ball through the air with just as much efficiency. The difference? Prescott has a running game. 2015 Romo did not.

He had one shitty game against the hottest defense in the NFC which ended up going to the Super bowl. That doesn't earn a benching.

Romo has lower lows for sure but he has much more frequent higher highs. That's why I'm going with him and that's why the organization will be going back to him too until he proves otherwise incapable.
Really.:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean shit, I was giving him the Giants game as a good Romo game. Truth be told he threw 2 picks and we only won the game by a minor miracle at the end but that's sort of what makes Romo special. Well and the Giants retarded for their terrible clock management.

Now 2014 Romo? It was a true thing of beauty. But if Dak beats the Packers, isn't that basically what he is doing this year? Especially if you factor in what he is doing with his legs?

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Dak Prescott's QB rating this year 101.5.

Tony Romo's QB rating in 2015? 79.4.

I know that you just hate being wrong, but what Romo did in 2015 was absolutely nothing close to what Dak is doing now. That may be one of the dumbest arguments you have ever made. Hell in the two games your claiming he was "just like Dak" Romo posted a QB rating of 87 and 83. Both worse than any game Dak has played in since the first start of his rookie year (Especially since QB rating doesn't take into account rushing TDs, which Dak has multiple). I've been very fair about Romo and I've always loved the guy. You're off the deep end talking about him though.
Yes...and lets not throw in the argument that Dak is doing all this as a rookie, cause ya know, it makes Romo look even worse.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I mean shit, I was giving him the Giants game as a good Romo game. Truth be told he threw 2 picks and we only won the game by a minor miracle at the end but that's sort of what makes Romo special. Well and the Giants retarded for their terrible clock management.

Now 2014 Romo? It was a true thing of beauty. But if Dak beats the Packers, isn't that basically what he is doing this year? Especially if you factor in what he is doing with his legs?
The Packers are very beatable- at least so far this season- but the key to beating them is getting to Rodgers. The offense can hang with them, but I'm worried about defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Packers are very beatable- at least so far this season- but the key to beating them is getting to Rodgers. The offense can hang with them, but I'm worried about defense.
If Dak beats the Packers to me it sort of mimics that marquee win for Romo in 2014 over the Seattle Seahawks. It was sort of the moment when we went from playoff contenders to being able to run with any team in the NFL. I'll feel that way with a win over the Packers this year. The Bengals are a decent team but the Packers are still one of the top NFC teams in my opinion.

UncleMilti

Staff member
If Dak beats the Packers to me it sort of mimics that marquee win for Romo in 2014 over the Seattle Seahawks. It was sort of the moment when we went from playoff contenders to being able to run with any team in the NFL. I'll feel that way with a win over the Packers this year. The Bengals are a decent team but the Packers are still one of the top NFC teams in my opinion.
The Bengals D is better than the Packers by far. The difference is Rodgers is going to get his points, and he thrives on the little mistakes that the Cowboys D has been making over the first 4 weeks of the season.

I give you credit, you stuck by your guns on the D this year, and they did look pretty damn good yesterday. But we haven't faced a Rodgers yet...this game is a big one in determining where Dak and this D really stack up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Bengals D is better than the Packers by far. The difference is Rodgers is going to get his points, and he thrives on the little mistakes that the Cowboys D has been making over the first 4 weeks of the season.

I give you credit, you stuck by your guns on the D this year, and they did look pretty damn good yesterday. But we haven't faced a Rodgers yet...this game is a big one in determining where Dak and this D really stack up.
To be fair the defense has been better then I even expected. I think we are due for a stinker on defense soon but I'll take it while I can.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
To be fair the defense has been better then I even expected. I think we are due for a stinker on defense soon but I'll take it while I can.
Here's hoping that it's against the Browns since I'm pretty sure we'll kick their ass even with a poor D outing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They will be seriously tested next week.

Our offense has to punish the Packers D and burn clock to keep us in it.

Rodgers ability to run, the Packers' great pass protection, strong receiving corps, and very good running game all spell trouble. You can't game-plan for a single threat like Green.

The corners need to keep their A-games as sharp as they've been.

D-Law will be NEEDED.

If we can get the lead Green Bay tends to throw deeper than they need to when behind which should hopefully lead to a pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will be seriously tested next week.

Our offense has to punish the Packers D and burn clock to keep us in it.

Rodgers ability to run, the Packers' great pass protection, strong receiving corps, and very good running game all spell trouble. You can't game-plan for a single threat like Green.

The corners need to keep their A-games as sharp as they've been.

D-Law will be NEEDED.

If we can get the lead Green Bay tends to throw deeper than they need to when behind which should hopefully lead to a pick.
The Packers receivers this year have actually struggled to get separation. Cobb looks like a pure slot guy out there. Nelson has looked like he still isn't back to normal. They have gotten no protection from the TEs.

Coverage shouldn't be so bad for us. The big thing is going to be containing Rodgers and not letting him run for first downs. Rodgers knows how to use his legs really well to buy extra time. Their O-line isn't great at pass blocking but Rodgers is pretty athletic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:towel:towel:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Still can't believe how wrong A LOT of us were on him. Was there even anybody calling for him? Speak up and recieve your props.

Cotton

Staff member
Still can't believe how wrong A LOT of us were on him. Was there even anybody calling for him? Speak up and recieve your props.
I was okay with the pick, but I wasn't all Zack Martin gungho about it, either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does wanting him after Cook was drafted because I thought his mobility and leadership would make for a nice NFL backup count?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't even want to "waste" a 6th round pick on him.

I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him as I felt he was not an NFL QB.

Boy, was I totally wrong on that one.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The funny thing is I don't think our run defense has been very good. (We do well for streaks and then we get gashed for a big gain, our average of 4.6 ypc against isn't very good) But teams just can't run the ball on us because our offense is so good that it puts pressure on the opposing team to pass the ball. Which is why we are still giving up a decent amount of yards. A lot of them are garbage yards like in the Bengals game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Does wanting him after Cook was drafted because I thought his mobility and leadership would make for a nice NFL backup count?
Quarter prop. I was mainly looking for someone that was actually wanting to draft him. Could even mean after missing on top 3 chosen.

I flat out didn't want him but knew they would draft him. So glad they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom