QB Controversy Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is a great situation, I just don't want to squander it. It's like winning the lottery getting Dak like we did, I simply want to take full advantage of it.
Put them both in the backfield and call them Eighthbacks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ayuh. Some of the arguments coming from the Dakheads have gotten pretty ridiculous. There are arguments to made for sticking with Dak, but pretending Romo isn't outstanding is not one of them.
You can say it, we all know you mean Iamtdg.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, and the whole polarized argument is not just one-sided. He has gotten injured more than any QB in recent history, and not just little injuries. Back broken type injuries. To try to smugly sit there and say the posters vouching for Dak are the only ones staunchly set in their stance is stupid. Not a one of you have acknowledged that just maybe Tony might get hurt again and in turn hurt the team. Trade potential and lost games to be two of the reason how before anyone asks.
I acknowledge Romo might get hurt again, but no one has provided a satisfactory answer as to how that hurts the team.

The only thing that hurts the team is if Romo is a worse player than Prescott at this point in time, or if Prescott is actually negatively influenced by being relegated to backup.

I don't think either is the case.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I acknowledge Romo might get hurt again, but no one has provided a satisfactory answer as to how that hurts the team.

The only thing that hurts the team is if Romo is a worse player than Prescott at this point in time, or if Prescott is actually negatively influenced by being relegated to backup.

I don't think either is the case.
I am more concerned about the psyche of the team.

If they are riding high with Prescott, I don't mess with that under the idea that Romo takes it up another level, because I am not sure he does.

This team has spent years riding on him and what he does.

Now, they are growing without him. That's not to be discounted.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

If they are riding high with Prescott, I don't mess with that under the idea that Romo takes it up another level, because I am not sure he does.

There is a different energy on this team with Dak...you can see it in their play, you can see it on the sideline.

Thats something I haven't seen in a while and I am actually excited about the season again.

He should be 5-0 at this point if not for dumbass TW. I like Romo, but I believe in riding the hot hand, and right now...Dak is the guy thats helping win games.

Plus, now Dak has the timing and chemistry down with the offense. Romo isn't even throwing yet, so I'd love for someone to tell me how in the shit he's going to be ready to play in 3 weeks? Thats BS, and its nothing but Jones trying to pacify Romo.

Actually the more I read, and the more I think about it..I think the thing I'm more pissed off about than anything is Jones meddling again. For all the crap I've given Garrett, he does have the team playing beyond expectations. Jones just can't stay the fuck out of the way.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Perfectly said booze. Perfectly said.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Are they though? Cause I see this year as very similar to 2014 right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Exactly....and that is why I don't make the change.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas that the MRI on quarterback Tony Romo's back showed the compression fracture has healed and "he has no more concern about this injury that has sidelined him this year." The focus now is conditioning, strengthening his core for previous back injuries and getting back to football shape. He did not have a timetable for Romo's return to game action.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This doesn't surprise me. I just don't know that Garrett will.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A lot of people keep bringing up what Romo did in 2014 but the FACT remains that that was "2 broken collarbones and a broken back" ago.

I have very little confidence that he's still physically capable of performing at a high level. My gut tells me we're going to be dealing with a 2015 Peyton Manning.

I'm fine with the Cowboys putting him back out there but with the caveat that he's on a short leash. Don't piss away 2 or 3 games allowing him to "knock off rust". If he plays well, great, leave him out there. No issues on my end because I'm all for what's best for the team.

Top Bottom