MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
David Price on the mound today.

I can't say that inspires confidence.

D

Deuce

I hate losing great Rays, but not much brings a smile to my face like seeing them absolutely suck for division rivals while getting paid huge bucks.

CC did it in Boston and now Price does it there.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If the Cubs can somehow get past the juggernaut that is the even-year SF Giants I think they're a safe bet to win the the World Series.

As of now I'm hoping to see a Cleveland vs Chicago World Series.

The Indians don't get a ton of national press but they have some fantastic young stars on their roster as well. Lindor is one of my favorite players in the game.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That was a great Game 1 for the Cubs. The Lester vs. Cueto battle was an example of two really high-level pitchers ballin' the F out. So locked in. October baseball is big boy baseball and both of those guys pitched like a boss.

Javy Baez is dynamic. So much talent. Hoping he has the kind of postseason that causes the casual baseball fan figure that out. Last night was a good step towards that. Anyone who watches him play regularly already knows. Lightning bat speed and a threat to go yard at any time, but his defense is also outstanding at multiple positions and has really become the best part of his game. I think Joe Maddon will have a hard time not starting him for every postseason game but even if there are a couple he doesn't start he is a great bat/defensive replacement option to bring in later in the game.

Speaking of defense, the Cubs are far and away the best team in baseball from a run prevention standpoint and that is going to play a factor in this postseason. It already has as they turned a couple of early base runners into outs last night. As tight as games can be in October that aspect of the game of the game is big.

They need to come out and win again tonight because otherwise the script flips a little and the series is at 1-1 going to SF with MadBum on the bump. I am a bit nervous about Kyle Hendricks though. He was unbelievable all season, especially at Wrigley (8-2 1.32 ERA 0.86 WHIP at home) but I need to see him do it in the postseason to truly believe he is as good as he's shown this season. Will not be surprised if he pitched 6 innings of 1 run baseball and also will not be shocked if he gives 4 or 5 earned in 3 innings.

I won't be able to watch most of tonight's game in real time as I am playing tour guide to a childhood friend who has never been here before. Kind of sucks but at the same time it will save me some stress of hanging on every pitch. For the most part I am strangely calm though. That can change in the blink of an eye but the Cubs have the better team and just have to make a few more plays than the Giants. Having them in a situation where they have to win 3 of the next 4 is nice. October tho...

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
I won't be able to watch most of tonight's game in real time as I am playing tour guide to a childhood friend who has never been here before. Kind of sucks but at the same time it will save me some stress of hanging on every pitch. For the most part I am strangely calm though. That can change in the blink of an eye but the Cubs have the better team and just have to make a few more plays than the Giants. Having them in a situation where they have to win 3 of the next 4 is nice. October tho...
That's what you think. You'll be peeking at your phone every chance you get. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Looks like ol suck ass is living up to his name tonight.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looks like ol suck ass is living up to his name tonight.
He has since he came back from the injury. Before the injury nothing was ever said about him because he was lights out. Lets not single him out, though. We have a 13 ERA in the playoffs. All of them could be called Suck Ass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rangers are out.

If the Red Sox pitching doesn't undergo an instant transformation, they'll be out too.

If that happens, it's Go Cubs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Odor with the error to end it too.

Kinda ironic.

Bautista and the Jays got the last laugh.

Rev

Staff member
Odor with the error to end it too.

Kinda ironic.

Bautista and the Jays got the last laugh.
Didnt want this matchup to begin with and it wasnt because of the Odor/Bautista junk. We have always had problems with Toronto. We are to Toronto what Houston is to us. I think we have only won 10 games of the last 35 against them.

It wasnt just Odor, though. It was the whole team that lost this one. We had 13+ left on base in game two. The two aces pitched like #5's on a losing team. The defense was lacking and even Beltre missed an important ball in game 1. Bullpen with the exception of Bush (this game only) and Kela gave up runs.

Oh well on to next year now. Not sure what they are going to do with this team. We already have a high budget and going to have to replace a few guys.

Rev

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

Lol. You get Ron Washington now. Luckily it's for 3rd base coach.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was thinking of how entertaining a Bos/Tex ALCS would be, and neither one of them won a single game.

I said all along that for both teams, it would come down to which pitching staff showed up.

Unfortunately, both teams' pitching sucked and that's why their playoff experience was short lived.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

Lol. You get Ron Washington now. Luckily it's for 3rd base coach.

That's a 2 time World Series manager.

We'll take it!

Jokes on you.

:towel

Top Bottom