Week 5 Gameday Chatter | Bengals vs. Cowboys | 10/09/2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Along those same lines, I saw a random fan responding to a Tweet from a DMN beat writer last week. Basically the idiot was saying Romo needs to start because "Dak only has 1 TD....1"

:lol

Who cares how many TDs he's thrown for....it's the total TD drives that he's leading that counts.
Yeah, also why differentiate rushing TDs and passing TD for Dak. Dak scored 2 TDs today and one of them was rushing. The rushing one is in no way inferior to the passing one. In fact he would have had 2 passing TDs if it wasn't for the bullshit illegal shift penalty. But again, what's the difference? There isn't one. Well except that his rushing TD shows that our offense has another dimension to it that it doesn't have with Romo at QB.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, also why differentiate rushing TDs and passing TD for Dak. Dak scored 2 TDs today and one of them was rushing. The rushing one is in no way inferior to the passing one. In fact he would have had 2 passing TDs if it wasn't for the bullshit illegal shift penalty. But again, what's the difference? There isn't one. Well except that his rushing TD shows that our offense has another dimension to it that it doesn't have with Romo at QB.
Speaking of providing a dimension that Romo can't offer, on Football Night in America Dungy showed how Dak's naked bootleg action helped open that gaping hole for Zeke's 60 yard TD run.

If you watch the replay that they showed, Dak went through the exact same motion that he does on the naked bootlegs but obviously he handed it off this time. But the threat of the roll caused the Cincy LB to sprint towards the sideline which left that Grand Canyon sized hole in the middle of the field.

It was a thing of beauty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of providing a dimension that Romo can't offer, on Football Night in America Dungy showed how Dak's naked bootleg action helped open that gaping hole for Zeke's 60 yard TD run.

If you watch the replay that they showed, Dak went through the exact same motion that he does on the naked bootlegs but obviously he handed it off this time. But the threat of the roll caused the Cincy LB to sprint towards the sideline which left that Grand Canyon sized hole in the middle of the field.

Yeah it's really great stuff. It keeps defenses off guard and guessing the entire time. Our offense is just sooo damn good right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Janoris Jenkins picked Aaron Rodgers off again.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Rodgers just has one of those faces that you want to punch.. Repeatedly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
These Giants WRs are too talented to be struggling to get separation. Just about every throw to a WR seems like it's been into tight coverage.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Giants have opted to go with a 3 man rush for most of the night. It's actually working.

Might be something we see Marinelli use next week.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Really amazing performance on both sides of the ball.

The Bengals are physical are both lines of scrimmage but the OL obviously dominated their very stingy run defense while the defensive line didn't allow much room to run and got consistent pressure on Dalton. Part of that was helped by the fact that the offense built a lead so quickly but they made plays all game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Btw, props to 1bigfan for starting the game day thread and inspiring the team to victory.

data

Forbes #1
Showed a great play breakdown on SNF. We're already used to the naked bootleg to the TE (usually Swaim). On Zeke's almost-nipple-piercing run, LDE and LOLB take off to guard the TE, leaving that humongous lane.

SNF subtly threw in there that this isn't possible with Romo, as a non-bootleg QB, in there.

Mods:
iamtdg and gshock's props are to be transferred to my post due to time stamp priority.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Eli has been exceptionally terrible in this one. Missing tons of open receivers, completely lacking pocket awareness, etc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I bet they replay that TD a hundred fucking times now.

Of course now Beckham is everyone's darling again.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mods:
iamtdg and gshock's props are to be transferred to my post due to time stamp priority.
Similar to the "All sales are final" policy at your local thrift shop, all props are final here at DCC.

Suck it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He looks like he is whipping them with a long turd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I used my DCC koozie today during the game.

You're welcome.

~Furley sniff~
I couldn't find mine the other week and I then saw my daughter was using it for her water bottle.

I got verklempt.

Then I repo'ed it.

Top Bottom