2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
C'mon, Kirk is much bigger than the two white shrimps as well.

He's around 5'11 200 lbs

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He's my early fave for 19 now just because he's a fast WR and his last name is Kirk.

Sews up game with a TD......BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!! :rofl

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's my early fave for 19 now just because he's a fast WR and his last name is Kirk.

Sews up game with a TD......BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!! :rofl
:meh

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ridley

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep for me it is Ridley with Derwin James a close second. Both would be close to each other at the top of my board but I lean towards Ridley because of the consistency without the major injury in the middle of his career. Just a smooth and hella good route runner.

Next up would be Kirk after those two. And while I love Josh Jackson and his ability to pick off passes I just don't see him as a great fit here. I think he'd do much better in a cover 3 type zone system that allows him to keep his eyes on the QB and use his instincts and hands to pick off a ton of balls. Plus we don't need another corner.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ridley will be 24 next year. I don't like "old" rookies. Most rooks are 22, so that's two years of lost service to us if he's our pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ridley will be 24 next year. I don't like "old" rookies. Most rooks are 22, so that's two years of lost service to us if he's our pick.
Oh he just turned 23. So like 90% of his rookie year he would be 23 years old. I generally like younger rookies as well because I think they have more upside but I'm ok with Ridley because he is such a polished route runner already. I don't think he will take 2 years to become acquainted to the NFL as a receiver.

He only played 3 years of college football though. So why exactly is he a year older?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Does the draft take place before or after Jerry & Co. have to deal with the Dez situation?

Maybe they don't "have" to do anything with Dez but I'm wondering if the drafted Kirk what message it would send to Dez.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does the draft take place before or after Jerry & Co. have to deal with the Dez situation?

Maybe they don't "have" to do anything with Dez but I'm wondering if the drafted Kirk what message it would send to Dez.
Sort of depends if you need the 12 mil or not to sign free agents. If you're not concerned about the money we can wait sort of like we did with Romo. But it won't help you in free agency at all.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So wide receiver is a bigger need than safety?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So wide receiver is a bigger need than safety?
Dak friendly!!!

But yeah, I think I view WR as a bigger need. We have young guys in the secondary. We have no real young talent at WR.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
WR is a mess.

Declining former superstar that thinks he's still a superstar.

Mediocre body catcher that was somehow given millions of dollars last year.

One deep catch every other game JAG who thinks he's better than he is.

Possibly declining white shrimp. Coaches have possibly figured out the entirety of routes he can effectively run.

Younger white shrimp.

Yeah, a talent infusion with SPEED is a must.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Settling the Dez situation should take place as soon as possible but knowing this organization, we probably put it off as long as possible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Settling the Dez situation should take place as soon as possible but knowing this organization, we probably put it off as long as possible.
Like after the draft when we have already counted on Dez to be our WR1 for next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like after the draft when we have already counted on Dez to be our WR1 for next year.
I don't care if we hold onto him until after the draft. But you better not avoid drafting a WR high because you have Dez or are afraid of hurting his feelings. At that point Dez absolutely becomes a progress stopper.

My preference is to cut him from the get go, sign someone and then go into the draft looking for a number 1.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dane Brugler's draft mailbag: Two linebackers the Cowboys could possibly trade up to pick

By Dane Brugler , NFL Draft Analyst
Contact Dane Brugler
on Twitter:
@dpbrugler

Dane Brugler, senior NFL draft analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, answered your questions about the upcoming draft and the Cowboys in a mailbag. Check out his responses below!

Which defensive position should be the top priority for the Cowboys to address in this draft?

Dane Brugler: The Cowboys still need help in the secondary, but after devoting so many resources there in last year's class, I think the answer is either defensive tackle or linebacker. A penetrating "under" tackle who can create interior pressure should be high on the wish list. And with Sean Lee's injury history, a starting caliber linebacker who can play all three downs would be a welcome addition to the roster.

Looking at your own personal draft board, is there anyone worthwhile that the Cowboys could trade up for?

Dane Brugler: The top two linebackers (Georgia's Roquan Smith and Virginia Tech's Tremaine Edmunds) could both be drafted in the top 15 picks. Dallas should absolutely monitor them and if the opportunity presents itself to package pick No. 19 and a third rounder, they should strongly consider it. The roster need and lack of overall depth at the position are two reasons why.

Who would you say has been the best pick by the Cowboys over the last five or so drafts?

Dane Brugler: Based strictly on value, it has to be Dak Prescott. The jury is still out on his long-term projection, but in two seasons with Dak at quarterback, the Cowboys have gone 13-3 and 9-7 and all it took was pick No. 135 to add him to the roster. Year three will be a critical step in his development, but right now, Dak is the only answer to this question.

Should the Cowboys be concerned enough about Dan Bailey to draft a kicker?

Dane Brugler: No -- not unless the medical staff has information we don't know about. Bailey was undrafted himself, the Cowboys don't need to invest a draft pick at the position with what we know right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom