2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bryan is built somewhat similarly to Watt and tested similarly at the Combine but the big differences between the two is that Watt has much better length, much bigger hands, and was much more productive in college. Bryan flashes for sure but he's getting pushed up boards artificially by what people want him to be, not what he is.

Watt had 36.5 TFL over 2 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bryan is built somewhat similarly to Watt and tested similarly at the Combine but the big differences between the two is that Watt has much better length, much bigger hands, and was much more productive in college. Bryan flashes for sure but he's getting pushed up boards artificially by what people want him to be, not what he is.

Watt had 36.5 TFL over 2 years.
I was going to say productivity isn't even close. Bryan's best year by far was this past year and he registed 4 sacks and 6 TFLs. Prior to that he had like 1 career sack and 4.5 TFLs in the previous 2 seasons.

Watt was bigger, faster and stronger in college but even ignoring that Watt's 2 seasons as a starter were both way better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
These people are fucking idiots. Bryan is all hype and no production. It's crazy to me how bad some people are at judging D-lineman.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Broaddus has an official affiliation with the club? I thought he was just some random mediot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it wrong of me to like Malik Jefferson? I know he is a Texas player but I just like the guy. I just think he is tailor made for our defense. Plus I'd much rather him in the third than say Evans in the first. Shit I think I'd rather him in the second than Evans in the first.

Cotton

Staff member
Is it wrong of me to like Malik Jefferson? I know he is a Texas player but I just like the guy. I just think he is tailor made for our defense. Plus I'd much rather him in the third than say Evans in the first. Shit I think I'd rather him in the second than Evans in the first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus has an official affiliation with the club? I thought he was just some random mediot.
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys pay him. He's on the official website all the time. Along with this crew of course

Rev

Staff member
My brother who is about as big a UT fan as there is doesnt want Jefferson in the first. I thought it was surprising that he didn't really sound that excited when I told him about the article stating the possible interest they had in him. He is a big time advocate for Poona Ford, though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's a media personality employed by DallasCowboys.com.

He's not a member of the coaching or scouting staff. It would be like Mickey Spagnola being sent out to watch players.

But Broaddus is a former team scout so I hope they aren't thinking his opinion should be included among their actual employed scouts.

He's on their podcasts, he writes articles for the website, he does team coverage and videos of training camp, analysis, etc. He does it from the perspective of a former scout and so he offers his analysis like a scout, supposedly. He's supposed to be there to be sort of an "educated opinion" on a website full of Mickey Spagnolas with no formal NFL experience in playing or scouting or coaching.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like the round 2 and round 3 LBs much better than any LB in the first other than Roquan Smith and Trewhatever Edwards.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My brother who is about as big a UT fan as there is doesnt want Jefferson in the first. I thought it was surprising that he didn't really sound that excited when I told him about the article stating the possible interest they had in him. He is a big time advocate for Poona Ford, though.
Oh gosh Jefferson isn't going in the first. I've seen third round projections for the guy. He ran really well so maybe he climbs into the second round but that's as high as you'll see. I like Poona Ford too. I think he's going to be a day three guy that could be a nice NT for us.

Rev

Staff member

He's not a member of the coaching or scouting staff. It would be like Mickey Spagnola being sent out to watch players.

But Broaddus is a former team scout so I hope they aren't thinking his opinion should be included among their actual employed scouts.
That's what I was thinking when I read that tweet. Why should he be listed unless it was an inside joke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I watch the draft show they have on the Cowboys website. Broaddus is part of that. I literally have no idea how that guy was a scout. He is an absolute clown. Reminds me of a fatter version of Dave Campo. I don't think anyone could take him seriously at all. The only guy I don't hate on that show is Dane Brugler who at least sounds like someone that you could take seriously. But honestly if that guy was able to be an NFL scout it makes me wonder why I couldn't be an upgrade to some of these retards.

Rev

Staff member
Oh gosh Jefferson isn't going in the first. I've seen third round projections for the guy. He ran really well so maybe he climbs into the second round but that's as high as you'll see. I like Poona Ford too. I think he's going to be a day three guy that could be a nice NT for us.
I don't know why I thought he was a first round possibility. I guess I was confused more then.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys pay him. He's on the official website all the time. Along with this crew of course
Is that Taylor Stern on the left? My oh my.

Cotton

Staff member
I watch the draft show they have on the Cowboys website. Broaddus is part of that. I literally have no idea how that guy was a scout. He is an absolute clown. Reminds me of a fatter version of Dave Campo. I don't think anyone could take him seriously at all. The only guy I don't hate on that show is Dane Brugler who at least sounds like someone that you could take seriously. But honestly if that guy was able to be an NFL scout it makes me wonder why I couldn't be an upgrade to some of these retards.
There is a reason he is no longer a scout.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I listen to that too. I like Helman, as at least he presents himself as kinda uneducated, doesn't know what he's talking about from a college perspective, Joe Fan POV. Brugler is very smart obviously and belongs in the upper echelons of NFL Draft Pundits like McShay and Mayock.

Broaddus.... yeah, I mean, he does have some insight that, as a former scout, is interesting. But by and large I almost always disagree with his takes and I completely understand why Parcells fired him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Unfortunately Tay Tay is the one on the right. But not too bad on either if you ask me.
I think that's Lindsay Cash Draper on the left, also hot.

They have that new latina chick on there now too, also dumb as a box of rocks, she has a personality made for TV and not radio if you catch my drift.

And I thought Kelsey Charles was hot too before she moved to PR or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom