2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
And of course he licks his lips and mentions corner because he can't help himself.
Well yeah. I've heard that enough in audio or video quotes by him that I inject it into a printed quote by default. It's not a Jerrah quote without "Uh, um, err, *lipsmack*" in there someplace.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In today's NFL where teams use TEs spread out like WRs it wouldn't surprise me. Although I think he has enough ability to line up wide regularly.
Yep. I am sold on this guy. He can be very versitale but his size and ability creates a mismatch at any recieving position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys news: Safety Derwin James tells Cowboys to trade up if they want him

One of the draft’s top prospects put it bluntly: if the Cowboys want Derwin James, they will have to trade up for the star safety.

The No. 19 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft just isn’t going to be high enough to get Florida State S Derwin James.

That’s the way James sees it, anyway. The Dallas Cowboys hold that choice, but when asked Sunday about Cowboys fans posting photos of him already in a Cowboys jersey on social media, James expressed confidence that Dallas would have to make a trade to make it happen.

”I think it’s a good compliment, but I don’t think I’ll go that late. I feel like once I come out and show people what I can do, and once I’m done with these meetings, I feel like they’d have to trade up to get me,” James said Sunday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Cowboys news: Safety Derwin James tells Cowboys to trade up if they want him

One of the draft’s top prospects put it bluntly: if the Cowboys want Derwin James, they will have to trade up for the star safety.

The No. 19 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft just isn’t going to be high enough to get Florida State S Derwin James.

That’s the way James sees it, anyway. The Dallas Cowboys hold that choice, but when asked Sunday about Cowboys fans posting photos of him already in a Cowboys jersey on social media, James expressed confidence that Dallas would have to make a trade to make it happen.

”I think it’s a good compliment, but I don’t think I’ll go that late. I feel like once I come out and show people what I can do, and once I’m done with these meetings, I feel like they’d have to trade up to get me,” James said Sunday at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Most likely true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That seems crazy, but the Steelers seem to be in love with him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The plus side of the FA signings at WR and OL it really allows them to focus on LB, DL, and S. Still BPA to a degree, but it does free them up. Even moving down and throwing numbers at the DL and LB position.

Cotton

Staff member
Jason Garrett and his coaching staff will be at Alabama on Wednesday to meet with the high number of draft-eligible Crimson Tide players, putting them through a workout similar to the one the Cowboys did with the Ohio State players, including Ezekiel Elliott, leading up to the 2016 draft.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jason Garrett and his coaching staff will be at Alabama on Wednesday to meet with the high number of draft-eligible Crimson Tide players, putting them through a workout similar to the one the Cowboys did with the Ohio State players, including Ezekiel Elliott, leading up to the 2016 draft.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Seems like we're hotter on Evans and Ridley than I would've expected. One thing I really like about Evans is he brings some pass rush as a LB, he's definitely not a "pass rusher" but he brings more than most off-ball LB's. Has a nasty spin move that is very effective.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like we're hotter on Evans and Ridley than I would've expected. One thing I really like about Evans is he brings some pass rush as a LB, he's definitely not a "pass rusher" but he brings more than most off-ball LB's. Has a nasty spin move that is very effective.
A lot of the pass rush I saw from him was unblocked. Shit a lot of his great plays that I've seen have been giant lanes that he was able to run up and fill. I think offenses had a lot of respect for the Dline at Alabama and sort of made it easy for him. Even still 74 tackles just sort of makes me uncomfortable for a middle LBer. I just think he's being overhyped. I don't think I really want him until our second round pick.

Maybe I'm underselling him a bit on that. I just don't see the upside there. I've gone back and watched some of the blitzes. He actually does have a swim move and such. But I'd say a good half of those he just wasn't blocked. Or he was running around an OT who is just too slow in college football for a 230 pound guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Ridley, Evans and Payne. All 3 players that I don't want at 19. Ugh.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
I love Kirk but I just don’t see is taking him. He’s a slot guy who returns kicks. We have like 8 of those.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I love Kirk but I just don’t see is taking him. He’s a slot guy who returns kicks. We have like 8 of those.
Just because you have 8 doesn't mean you have to settle. I think he could be a significant upgrade at the slot and just happens to return kicks as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I think one of them falls to the second. The media always overhyped Alabama guys. I'm guessing it's Payne though.
I'm not sure I even want Payne at 50. He just isn't a 3 down lineman to me. He is going to be on the sidelines on passing downs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure I even want Payne at 50. He just isn't a 3 down lineman to me. He is going to be on the sidelines on passing downs.
I agree.

As far as the contingent at the pro day I'm not too worried. Alabama is continually the most talented team in college football. We sure as shit should be at their pro day. Plus I doubt Garrett is going to be pounding the table for any defensive players. If he is there to check out anyone it would be Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom