2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing about Senat is he is quick. He gets off the ball fast and has some explosion. He moves very well for a 325 lb 1T. Maybe he has enough quick twitch for Marinelli to bite on him.
Another thing we have to consider is that Marinelli is seemingly not long for the league at this point if the rumors of him nearly retiring were true.

If that's the case I'd imagine Richard will have much more input than your average position coach as a sort of "DC in waiting", and Seattle always had a big plugger 1-T type in the middle with guys like Brandon Mebane, Alan Branch, Ahtyba Rubin, and Jarran Reed who they recently spent a 2nd round pick on.

I don't think we'll necessarily prioritize a 1-T type but I do think there's a good chance we address it with more than just some schlub 7th round pick or practice squad signing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another thing we have to consider is that Marinelli is seemingly not long for the league at this point if the rumors of him nearly retiring were true.

If that's the case I'd imagine Richard will have much more input than your average position coach as a sort of "DC in waiting", and Seattle always had a big plugger 1-T type in the middle with guys like Brandon Mebane, Alan Branch, Ahtyba Rubin, and Jarran Reed who they recently spent a 2nd round pick on.

I don't think we'll necessarily prioritize a 1-T type but I do think there's a good chance we address it with more than just some schlub 7th round pick or practice squad signing.
Yeah I think Richard is the defensive coordinator in waiting unless Garrett is fired.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I actually really like him. Unlike some NT types in this draft Senat actually has shown ability to get in the backfield and make plays. I actually think he has potential to be drafted by Dallas because I think he could play both the one and three spots in our defense which seems to be more of what we are looking for in that position. 6 sacks and 10.5 tfls just makes me feel a lot better about him over someone like Payne who had 1 sack last year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That's a three man rush...that QB must have been pissed at his line.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
So, who would be down for Senat in the 3-4 range?
I was just reading some scouting reports on Senat. Apparently he's making a real name for himself with his strength and quickness.
I'm good with this pick. Especially if we pass on the opportunity to get Vea.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Hmmmmmmm.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Hmmmmmmm.
Nelson played OT in HS but ND already had Mike McGlinchey and Ronnie Stanley(Ravens) ahead of him when he was a freshman. MM was a sophomore and Stanley was a junior.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
WR St. Brown from ND did better than I expected overall. He must have been working on some things since the end of the season. He doesn't weigh much for his height but it's all muscle and I'm not surprised since his father is a former Mr. Universe. Does anyone know his numbers so far?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
WR St. Brown from ND did better than I expected overall. He must have been working on some things since the end of the season. He doesn't weigh much for his height but it's all muscle and I'm not surprised since his father is a former Mr. Universe. Does anyone know his numbers so far?
Has he ran a forty yet?

I thought Lazard ran well for his size on his second forty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly teams are talking to Lazard about switching to TE.
In today's NFL where teams use TEs spread out like WRs it wouldn't surprise me. Although I think he has enough ability to line up wide regularly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good, Id rather roll with Rush than to sign someone who has sucked his whole career and assume Dallas will coach him up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think his unofficial time was 4.48. No idea what his splits were but I know he was never quick off the line.
That's impressive at his size. I know I've read that he actually looked a lot better than his stats show. Basically that he was held back by the offense around him.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That's impressive at his size. I know I've read that he actually looked a lot better than his stats show. Basically that he was held back by the offense around him.
The QB Wimbush had issues with throwing the deep ball/accuracy in general and the offense favored short passes for the most part. WR and RB screens, slants, that sort of thing. The playcalling was questionable as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing about this quote makes me excited. Jerry scares the ever living hell out of me at all times. Thankfully I think he does for less with the draft these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom