2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anthony Miller, DJ Moore, Tim Settle, Tyrell Crosby, Rasheem Green, Derrick Nnadi, Dallas Goedert.

Any would work.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Anthony Miller, DJ Moore, Tim Settle, Tyrell Crosby, Rasheem Green, Derrick Nnadi, Dallas Goedert.

Any would work.
Pick one, jackwagon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Any would work.
Any would work for what?

Or are those your picks for a high third rounder? If that's the case I think I go all in on Dallas Goedert if he is somehow still around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's play a little what if game. We have three 4th round picks. Say we can bundle our 3rd and one of those 4ths to move up to the top of the 3rd round, who would be your ideal target for such a move?
This is always hard because you just don't know who will still be available. Last year if you told me that Tankersley and Jourdan Lewis would be available with our late third round pick I would have told you that's probably a pipe dream. Or even that Fabian Moreau would be available in the middle of the third for the Redskins. (Such a good corner class, really glad we grabbed 2 studs)

So honestly most of the guys I'd mention now with a high third round pick would probably be guys projected to go in the second round. Assuming that someone is going to fall through the cracks. Obviously I'm not going to say something silly like Christian Kirk but in all honesty the reason to trade up to the high third is because someone is still there that you never expected would be available. Someone like Dallas Goedert would be in my opinion worth moving up for at that point. Same could be said for someone like Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn (I know it's a pipe dream but again, it's gotta be someone worth trading up for. You don't move up in the third round for a guy who should go in the third round). Hell maybe even a James Daniels at that point. Who could start at LG but also backup all 3 interior positions in case of injury on game days.

I don't think Harrison Phillips makes it that far but obviously if he did I'd jump all over it. Of course most of these guys I'd just be hoping could make it to our second round pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Any would work for what?

Or are those your picks for a high third rounder? If that's the case I think I go all in on Dallas Goedert if he is somehow still around.
Moving up to the top of the 3rd.

Goedert may actually be my top choice, I don't really know, I love all of those guys that I listed.

Phillips would be a great pick too.

I didn't bother listing Wynn or Hernandez because I don't think there's any chance they get out of the top 40 picks, whereas I could see guys like Goedert potentially falling into the 50's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moving up to the top of the 3rd.

Goedert may actually be my top choice, I don't really know, I love all of those guys that I listed.

Phillips would be a great pick too.

I didn't bother listing Wynn or Hernandez because I don't think there's any chance they get out of the top 40 picks, whereas I could see guys like Goedert potentially falling into the 50's.
Yeah like I said it's hard. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see someone like Goedert go in the first round. I view him as a high second round pick so obviously if he is around with a high third he is worth every penny in my opinion. Phillips is another guy who I wouldn't be surprised to see fall on draft day. Guys like him that do the dirty work just fall sometimes because they don't have anything eye popping about them. I just love what he does against the run and think he would be a perfect fit for the 1 technique spot in our defense.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We'll get a "high ceiling" guy with a degenerative knee and detached retina, and like it.

data

Forbes #1
Brodie Bottle Lock it.

2nd Round, Pick #64.

Brian Dawkins announces the pick and gives his Drew Pearson retort.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't want a WR.

Prescott needs to up his game, the OL needs to be healthy, and Elliott needs to stay out of trouble and focused. With that, we have enough on offense.

We need that defense to be good for once, finally. It's been abysmal with the only exceptions being one-year aberrations.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't want a WR.

Prescott needs to up his game, the OL needs to be healthy, and Elliott needs to stay out of trouble and focused. With that, we have enough on offense.

We need that defense to be good for once, finally. It's been abysmal with the only exceptions being one-year aberrations.
Agreed. Give me something like this in the first couple rounds.

1. V. Vea/D.Payne/R. Smith/D. James/T. Edmunds
2. R. Evans/D. Leonard/A. Watts/K. White/D. Nnadi

Then if the right TE, WR, or OL is there in the 3rd, we can consider going offense

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No kidding, I can't believe someone wouldn't want to improve on the league's slowest receiver/TE combo.
Where did anybody say they wouldn't want to improve? Speed at WR/TE can be found outside the first two rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom