User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory reportedly on track for an attempted reinstatement

Randy Gregory met with Roger Goodell on Tuesday

By Around The NFL Staff NFL.com
    Published: June 12, 2018 at 07:51 p.m.
    Updated: June 13, 2018 at 01:35 a.m.

Less than a month after applying for NFL reinstatement, suspended Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has an audience with the Commissioner.

Gregory met Tuesday with Roger Goodell for his official reinstatement hearing, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported, via sources informed of the situation.

All-Pro linebacker Sean Lee was among the teammates offering character statements, testifying that Gregory has earned another opportunity, Slater added.

The Cowboys' 2015 second-round draft pick has been suspended three times, including last year's season-long ban for violating the NFL's Policy for Substances of Abuse.

In addition to undergoing counseling, the 25-year-old has spent more than six weeks in intensive drug and alcohol rehabilitation.

"Talking to people close to the situation," Slater explained, "they tell me he's passed a number of drug tests over the last couple of years. He's also been able to maintain employment and he wants to rejoin this Cowboys organization, something that he has been incredibly committed to."

If Goodell clears Gregory for a return in time for next month's training camp, Dallas' coaching staff will have to figure out how to utilize a talented but enigmatic pass rusher with one sack in 14 career NFL games.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

I'm no longer secretly rooting for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    Does that mean youíre openly rooting for him?

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Does that mean you’re openly rooting for him?

Yeah, I hope he overcomes this deal.

Even if he leaves Dallas and plays for another team, I admire the guy for working hard to come back and approaching the situation the way he has to in order to do what he loves.

Pot laws are bullshit, but he's not using it as an excuse.

Not sure that I have any faith in him to be a commodity on the field, but I'm glad he didn't just give up and say "fuck it".

5. The following user likes this post:

p1_

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Yeah, I hope he overcomes this deal.

Even if he leaves Dallas and plays for another team, I admire the guy for working hard to come back and approaching the situation the way he has to in order to do what he loves.

Pot laws are bullshit, but he's not using it as an excuse.

Not sure that I have any faith in him to be a commodity on the field, but I'm glad he didn't just give up and say "fuck it".
    Same here. I am actively pulling for him. He took the anti-Ricky Williams approach and has busted his ass to get back playing. This shows just how much he loves the game. If he can stay clean you know you won't have to worry about his work ethic.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Whoa. This is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Whoa. This is serious.

90% chance he puts up 8 sacks this year.

Given Goodell and the Cowboy organization's rocky relationship in recent years, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Goodell drag his feet on a decision.

There are absolutely no pressing issues going on at the moment, yet I could see Goodell waiting until late-August to make a decision.....purely out of spite.

Years off his career and 6 weeks in some bullshit rehab for the medicine that obviously helps with whatever he is dealing with.

He is obviously a criminal and a hooligan for not bowing down to his masters and Big Pharma and getting the legally prescribed bullshit pills that numb you to the point of not even feeling human, and not to mention forget any fucking sex life.

Fucking retarded.

11. The following user likes this post:

How do you really feel?
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting