QB Controversy Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe it's been bitched about by you many times.

Like I said, the far bigger problem has been not getting the ball to Dez enough. It's not "cause I say it" it's how it is. We've seen way too many three and four catch days from Dez Bryant and if you'd like I'll simply link you to PFR and then we can all point and laugh.

Oh wait, you have bitched about that too as long as you can tie it to Garrett. It seem like your current gripe is to pick which one is most convenient for your argument.
It has been bitched about by more than me. And, yeah, we have seen 3-4 catch games. I'd be curious in those 3-4 catch games how many times he was targeted.

Cotton

Staff member
Not only on this board but by players as well. Marty B and TO. Although they may not be the best character references the fact that it was brought up does show it was there. I will say that last couple of years he has been better but it was an issue in the past. I bet Garrett put him up to it.
It absolutely has been an issue in the past. Some just refuse to ignore it because it doesn't support their argument. Listen, this really is a great problem to have, and it is outstanding that we are having to have this discussion. It means we now finally have hope for the future of the team post-Romo. I just think post-Romo is here. If he wants to be able to play with his kids in 10 years, he should hang them up. But, he won't because he (rightfully) wants a ring.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It absolutely has been an issue in the past. Some just refuse to ignore it because it doesn't support their argument. Listen, this really is a great problem to have, and it is outstanding that we are having to have this discussion. It means we now finally have hope for the future of the team post-Romo. I just think post-Romo is here. If he wants to be able to play with his kids in 10 years, he should hang them up. But, he won't because he (rightfully) wants a ring.
I want to be able to trade Romo. It probably won't happen during the season but after it we certainly could handle it financially. The only thing that would prevent us from being able to trade him for a decent pick would be for him to take the field again and get hurt this season. It's at least a small part of the reason why I don't even want to tempt fate by playing Romo.

Cotton

Staff member
For those saying that we go will go long more often when Romo goes back in, check out the YPA in the tweet below.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those saying that we go will go long more often when Romo goes back in, check out the YPA in the tweet below.

And if you take Daks rushing TDs and add them to his passing TDs he isn't even far behind in touchdowns.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And, way ahead in INTs.
This is sort of what I said the other day. Even if you think Romo will play like he did in 2014, isn't Dak playing that exact same way so far this year? Why would you swap a guy who is playing like that 2014 QB for a QB that you HOPE will return to his 2014 form? Seems silly to me to bench the sure thing for an uncertainty whose ceiling isn't much different.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It has been bitched about by more than me. And, yeah, we have seen 3-4 catch games. I'd be curious in those 3-4 catch games how many times he was targeted.
Considering the line of posters who just said that overtargeting Dez was not a problem with Romo, your assertions ring hollow.

You have an argument for starting Dak... not one I'd agree with but at least it's meritorious.... don't resort to inventing things.

Jiggyfly

Banned

To be fair Romo had a much better 2nd half than 1st and once the run starting getting shutdown he made teams pay for overcompensating.

We don't have all the data yet, this comparison is not really anything to make a long range assertion on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair Romo had a much better 2nd half than 1st and once the run starting getting shutdown he made teams pay for overcompensating.

We don't have all the data yet, this comparison is not really anything to make a long range assertion on.
You mean later in the season like this?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wow.

I never would've guessed the yardage would be so similar.

That's impressive.
So let's package this another way. Romo is about as good as Dak so he will probably be okay when he comes back. :art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So let's package this another way. Romo is about as good as Dak so he will probably be okay when he comes back. :art
This is the only problem I have with this thought. How does the saying go, a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush?

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
You mean later in the season like this?

Yeah like that.

Are you just ignoring how many TD's he had in that stretch or how much the running game was ineffective?

Also I would like to see the records of those teams over that stretch.

Man I want Dak to keep playing as well but to try and put to put Dak on the level of peak Romo is ludicre.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah like that.

Are you just ignoring how many TD's he had in that stretch or how much the running game was ineffective?

Also I would like to see the records of those teams over that stretch.

Man I want Dak to keep playing as well but to try and put to put Dak on the level of peak Romo is ludicre.
The teams Romo beat in the final 4 games of 2014 were a combined 28-30. The teams Dak beat are a combined 8-12, currently. Not that much difference.

And, who cares who scores the TDs as long as the TDs are being scored?

Top Bottom