QB Controversy Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And, who cares who scores the TDs as long as the TDs are being scored?
Please. Throwing a 4 yard fade to Bryant versus a 4 yard QB scramble for a TD is like way more demoralizing and stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah like that.

Are you just ignoring how many TD's he had in that stretch or how much the running game was ineffective?

Also I would like to see the records of those teams over that stretch.

Man I want Dak to keep playing as well but to try and put to put Dak on the level of peak Romo is ludicre.
I'm not ignoring the TDs, I didn't make that graphic. If I was making the graphic I would have put total TDs on there instead of just passing TDs. Afterall Dak has ran for 3 TDs and Romo probably didn't run for any during that time. So really I think 7 TDs by Dak to zero INTS is fairly comparable to the 12-3 of Romo (Which is an amazing stat). The most interesting part of that graphic is QBR which is like a QB rating but it takes into account more things such as rushing TDs. The fact that Dak is actually considered more efficient over a similar run is what is most interesting to me.

I assume you mean the records of the teams they were playing over that stretch? Obviously both QB's went 4-1 over them but it would be hard to compare teams records at the start of the season to teams records at the end of a season. The end of the season records would be far more indicative of those teams abilities.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Please. Throwing a 4 yard fade to Bryant versus a 4 yard QB scramble for a TD is like way more demoralizing and stuff.
It even adds a dimension we don't have with Romo in there. The reason the middle was so wide open on that long Zeke run was because after he handed it off, Dak faked a naked bootleg and the LB bit hard. Same thing in reverse on this play below...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you just ignoring how many TD's he had in that stretch or how much the running game was ineffective?
Something else to think about when looking at those numbers. Dak was without Dez Bryant for two of those games and was pretty injured during a third. I can't remember Dez dealing with an injury like that in 2014.

I know it just feels weird talking about a rookie playing like one of the NFLs elite at QB. Especially a fourth round pick at QB. But as of right now, that's how he is playing. Especially if you compare what he is doing to the Andy Dalton's and Eli Mannings of this world.

data

Forbes #1
It even adds a dimension we don't have with Romo in there. The reason the middle was so wide open on that long Zeke run was because after he handed it off, Dak faked a naked bootleg and the LB bit hard
im watching your props

Jiggyfly

Banned
The teams Romo beat in the final 4 games of 2014 were a combined 28-30. The teams Dak beat are a combined 8-12, currently. Not that much difference.

And, who cares who scores the TDs as long as the TDs are being scored?
If I remember correctly those teams were scoring 30+ in that span so I really have no idea what you are getting at.

I mean was this not a discussion on a comparison of there individual stats?

I guess there is no middle ground on this thing it's either all about Dak or all about Romo, I happen to think an argument could be made for either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm not ignoring the TDs, I didn't make that graphic. If I was making the graphic I would have put total TDs on there instead of just passing TDs. Afterall Dak has ran for 3 TDs and Romo probably didn't run for any during that time. So really I think 7 TDs by Dak to zero INTS is fairly comparable to the 12-3 of Romo (Which is an amazing stat). The most interesting part of that graphic is QBR which is like a QB rating but it takes into account more things such as rushing TDs. The fact that Dak is actually considered more efficient over a similar run is what is most interesting to me.

I assume you mean the records of the teams they were playing over that stretch? Obviously both QB's went 4-1 over them but it would be hard to compare teams records at the start of the season to teams records at the end of a season. The end of the season records would be far more indicative of those teams abilities.
I am going by the eye test and IMO Romo was playing at a much higher level than Dak is now, not saying what Dak is doing is not amazing but I think Romo was on another level.

Cotton

Staff member
If I remember correctly those teams were scoring 30+ in that span so I really have no idea what you are getting at.

I mean was this not a discussion on a comparison of there individual stats?

I guess there is no middle ground on this thing it's either all about Dak or all about Romo, I happen to think an argument could be made for either.
If it weren't for the injuries, I could go either way. But, since that is a glaring factor, I am firmly on Dak's side.

Oh, and this team has put up 28, 31, and 27 in 3 of those games, so I'm not 100% what you are getting at.

And, their stats are almost dead even, so there's that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Something else to think about when looking at those numbers. Dak was without Dez Bryant for two of those games and was pretty injured during a third. I can't remember Dez dealing with an injury like that in 2014.

I know it just feels weird talking about a rookie playing like one of the NFLs elite at QB. Especially a fourth round pick at QB. But as of right now, that's how he is playing. Especially if you compare what he is doing to the Andy Dalton's and Eli Mannings of this world.
Good point and his ability to get everyone involved is why I have no issue with him keeping the job and think it is the best thing for this team moving forward.

But I have to also give Romo his due for the way he was playing down the stretch in 2014.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am going by the eye test and IMO Romo was playing at a much higher level than Dak is now, not saying what Dak is doing is not amazing but I think Romo was on another level.
I think things years ago are always remembered more fondly. It's just nostalgia and a big reason why the eye test tends to fail people. But hey, I'd have to go back and rewatch Romo's 5 games to remember for sure. I just know the results are the same and both guys had dominant runningbacks with the same Oline.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But I have to also give Romo his due for the way he was playing down the stretch in 2014.
Yeah and I'm not trying to take from what Romo did at all. His numbers in 2014 were awesome and so were the results on the field.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If it weren't for the injuries, I could go either way. But, since that is a glaring factor, I am firmly on Dak's side.

Oh, and this team has put up 28, 31, and 27 in 3 of those games, so I'm not 100% what you are getting at.

And, their stats are almost dead even, so there's that.
Oh you don't?

How about 33, 41, 38, 41 and 44 points over that stretch, so there's that indeed.

Does that get you to 100%.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am pretty impressed by the conviction of those who are on each side of the fence.

Honestly, I just want the guy who will win games. Not "best chance to win", but the guy who is performing the best.

If Prescott beats Green Bay, I don't see how you can justify benching the kid.

Plus, I am not, in the least, convinced Romo is perfectly healthy in a couple of weeks.

He looked like a fat cripple getting squashed in Seattle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Translation: We are paying Tony Romo a shit ton of money and want to get our ROI before he ends up retiring.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh you don't?

How about 33, 41, 38, 41 and 44 points over that stretch, so there's that indeed.

Does that get you to 100%.
:lol

And, that is supposed to make me switch sides? Those teams were still sub .500 teams en total.

I'm not taking anything away from Romo for that run, but Dak has looked just as good without the INTs.

Again, you take away the injuries, and I'm not the fence in this debate. But, you can't remove that from the equation, so I'm 100% on board with Dak.

Cotton

Staff member
Translation: We are paying Tony Romo a shit ton of money and want to get our ROI before he ends up retiring.
That's how I read it.

Cotton

Staff member
I am pretty impressed by the conviction of those who are on each side of the fence.

Honestly, I just want the guy who will win games. Not "best chance to win", but the guy who is performing the best.

If Prescott beats Green Bay, I don't see how you can justify benching the kid.

Plus, I am not, in the least, convinced Romo is perfectly healthy in a couple of weeks.

He looked like a fat cripple getting squashed in Seattle.
Dude, he's earned it, okay? Did you not watch any football in 2014?

Top Bottom