Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Arden Key entering 2018 NFL Draft
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2018, 12:47 PM EST

The list of early entries for the 2018 NFL Draft continues to grow in the first days of the new year and an edge rushing prospect threw his hat into the ring on Thursday.
LSU defensive end/outside linebacker Arden Key announced that he will forego his remaining eligibility in Baton Rouge to move into the professional ranks.

Key had a huge season for the Tigers in 2016 with 11 sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles, but injuries limited him to eight games during the 2017 season. He also put on a fair amount of weight before the 2017 season, which saw him record four sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss.

Both the injuries and Key’s weight will be of interest to teams as they go through the pre-draft workouts and interviews. Unless serious red flags emerge, the pass rushing ability he flashed over the course of his collegiate career will still likely have him off the board in the early stages of the draft.
-------------

Barkevious Mingo 2.0.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Arden Key entering 2018 NFL Draft
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2018, 12:47 PM EST

The list of early entries for the 2018 NFL Draft continues to grow in the first days of the new year and an edge rushing prospect threw his hat into the ring on Thursday.
LSU defensive end/outside linebacker Arden Key announced that he will forego his remaining eligibility in Baton Rouge to move into the professional ranks.

Key had a huge season for the Tigers in 2016 with 11 sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles, but injuries limited him to eight games during the 2017 season. He also put on a fair amount of weight before the 2017 season, which saw him record four sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss.

Both the injuries and Key’s weight will be of interest to teams as they go through the pre-draft workouts and interviews. Unless serious red flags emerge, the pass rushing ability he flashed over the course of his collegiate career will still likely have him off the board in the early stages of the draft.
-------------

Barkevious Mingo 2.0.
Literally. They’re the same player. I have zero interest in Key.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Literally. They’re the same player. I have zero interest in Key.
Maybe he is Danielle Hunter instead?

But yeah not really what the Cowboys need and I don't think he is so stellar that I'd view him as BPA at our pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe he is Danielle Hunter instead?

But yeah not really what the Cowboys need and I don't think he is so stellar that I'd view him as BPA at our pick.
And Hunter was a Day 2 pick, I'd be fine with Key at that point but sure as shit not with our 1st.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

midswat

... soon

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews declared for the draft as well.

Grab him in the 2nd round and we've our next great Cowboys TE.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You don't like the player? I think he'd easily be our best stab at the position since Marty B.

Obviously you hope for a little more than what Bennett did in his career but at his best, and in the right system, he was one of the better TEs in the league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't like the player? I think he'd easily be our best stab at the position since Marty B.

Obviously you hope for a little more than what Bennett did in his career but at his best, and in the right system, he was one of the better TEs in the league.
I'm not a huge fan. I think I'd prefer Dallas Goedert. Andrews doesn't look very fast to me. Although I will say he does seem to at least have a little wiggle to him. And the other reason I probably am not a huge fan is that Oklahoma just hasn't done that great of a job at producing TEs. Gresham is the only highly drafted one I can think of and he has been pretty average in the NFL.

I guess he just doesn't look very special to me. But yes, he would be our best shot at a TE since Marty B.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not a huge fan. I think I'd prefer Dallas Goedert. Andrews doesn't look very fast to me. Although I will say he does seem to at least have a little wiggle to him. And the other reason I probably am not a huge fan is that Oklahoma just hasn't done that great of a job at producing TEs. Gresham is the only highly drafted one I can think of and he has been pretty average in the NFL.

I guess he just doesn't look very special to me. But yes, he would be our best shot at a TE since Marty B.
That's fair. I'm certainly not claiming that he's the best TE in the draft, just that if a better option weren't available I wouldn't have a problem with Dallas using their 2nd round pick on him.

As for Oklahoma TEs, yeah we haven't had many good TEs in recent years. In fact the reason that Gresham stands out as the last notable TE from Oklahoma is because for a few years there (circa 2010-2013) they pretty much stopped featurning the TE in the offense. This maybe something for you to look forward to [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] because this was during Josh Heupel's run as OC. Not sure how much UCF uses their current group of TEs so it may not even matter.

Oklahoma started featuring their TEs in the offense a lot more once Mayfield and Riley arrived.

D

Deuce

That's fair. I'm certainly not claiming that he's the best TE in the draft, just that if a better option weren't available I wouldn't have a problem with Dallas using their 2nd round pick on him.

As for Oklahoma TEs, yeah we haven't had many good TEs in recent years. In fact the reason that Gresham stands out as the last notable TE from Oklahoma is because for a few years there (circa 2010-2013) they pretty much stopped featurning the TE in the offense. This maybe something for you to look forward to @Deuce because this was during Josh Heupel's run as OC. Not sure how much UCF uses their current group of TEs so it may not even matter.

Oklahoma started featuring their TEs in the offense a lot more once Mayfield and Riley arrived.
Our top 3 TE’s all graduate and our top 2 TE recruits were the only 2 commits we lost to Frost. Maybe Heup was straight with them about what he likes to do.

Either way, I don’t care who he does/doesn’t like to use. As long as they stay top 10 in the country in offense, then he keeps the train rolling.

Top Bottom