2018 NFL Free Agency Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How are they similar except for the fact that you don't like either of them?
boozeman says he only had three starts and with that declares he is not a valid candidate in the NFL. I wish I had such incredible insight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
boozeman says he only had three starts and with that declares he is not a valid candidate in the NFL. I wish I had such incredible insight.
McCarron may well suck in the long run but he looks way different than Glennon ever did. Glennon is a loser and always has been a loser in the NFL. Anyone who ever watched the guy could tell he barely functioned as this big, awkward and inaccurate QB.

McCarron at least looked the part for a few games. I find him intriguing but I'd also be scared to death to sink a big contract in him. The Bengals are retarded for not benching Dalton for him. But then again the Bengals do a lot of retarded shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dolphins use franchise tag on receiver Jarvis Landry
7:32 PM CT

ESPN

The Miami Dolphins have decided to use their franchise tag on wide receiver Jarvis Landry.

The team tweeted the announcement on Tuesday, the first day teams can use their franchise or transition tags. The salary for wide receivers getting franchise tagged this offseason is expected to be around $16.2 million.

Landry, 25, led the NFL with 112 receptions last season. He also had 987 receiving yards and nine touchdown receptions. Landry has been selected to the Pro Bowl for three consecutive seasons.

He was ejected in the Dolphins' season finale against the Buffalo Bills after he was an instigator in a fourth-quarter brawl. Coach Adam Gase called the incident "embarrassing."

Landry's 112 receptions were the most in NFL history for a player who didn't have at least 1,000 receiving yards that season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. He had eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark in both the 2015 and '16 seasons, when he finished with 1,157 yards and 1,136 yards, respectively.

Only Antonio Brown (471) and Julio Jones (411) have more receptions than Landry's 400 since he debuted in the NFL in 2014. Landry's 400 receptions are the most for any player through their first four seasons in the league.

_______________________-

Another one bites the dust.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I predict this is just a prelude for them trying to trade him away.
It could be. Just seems like every year more guys get franchised than probably should be. Landry isn't a "franchise" player to me but I'm sure multiple guys like that will get franchised because no one wants to lose a good player for nothing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WTH is a hog molly?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
WTH is a hog molly?
It is a phrase Giants GM Dave Gettleman has used for a while. Kind of like how Marinelli uses "rushmen". Kind of like how OL are referred to as "big uglies".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is a phrase Giants GM Dave Gettleman has used for a while. Kind of like how Marinelli uses "rushmen". Kind of like how OL are referred to as "big uglies".
Hog Molly...... really?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Mike Zimmer just doesn't give a shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:lol

Mike Zimmer just doesn't give a shit.
This is why twitter sucks. People only post snippets and soundbites to generate drama. That's not even remotely close to what he was talking about, if you heard the interview. He's not saying that like he's actually wondering who he is. More like, which player is he going to be going forward, the erratic guy that played for the Rams or the steady vet that played for the Vikes. It was said in regards to how much they'd be willing to pay him if they were to resign him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is why twitter sucks. People only post snippets and soundbites to generate drama. That's not even remotely close to what he was talking about, if you heard the interview. He's not saying that like he's actually wondering who he is. More like, which player is he going to be going forward, the erratic guy that played for the Rams or the steady vet that played for the Vikes. It was said in regards to how much they'd be willing to pay him if they were to resign him.
Still, it is highly unusual when a player emerges for a new team where the coach is going to reference him sucking before.

Point was that Zimmer is a lot more candid than most.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom