Cold as a witch's titty out right now.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
2 degrees, wind chill of -18. Fvck this crap, spring needs to get its ass in gear.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
2 degrees, wind chill of -18. Fvck this crap, spring needs to get its ass in gear.
I dont know what the wind chill but we are at -2 right now. Heading back south tomorrow so I have some relief coming.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
-28 here right now. Windchill of -46. Might have to get out a heavier jacket.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wondered how you were doing up there. Swimming weather just about done?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Once it gets into the single digits, I don't even notice the difference after awhile. Well, except my dog refuses to go out in it. I tried to walk him earlier but he went down to the end of the driveway, turned around and looked at me like "Are you fvcking kidding me?"

My one cousin and her husband live in central Minnesota, they're settled in for awhile. They're both in their 60s and don't handle cold like they used to.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
74 degrees right now. I envy you guys.

I'd love to be in some 30 degree weather right about now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is only 15 here with a wind chill of 6. But, west Texas is always colder than the rest of Texas during the winter.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wondered how you were doing up there. Swimming weather just about done?
It's been hanging around -20 to -30. Pretty cold. But fortunately, the wind hasn't been that bad. Gets brutal when the wind climbs up over 20+ mph. Starting to warm up a little. It's only -7 right now. Mini-heatwave. :art

Been having problems with our trucks gelling up. We've been just letting them run throughout the night even if not in use. Better to burn a little diesel than go through the hassle of getting them running again once they gel.

Cotton

Staff member
It's been hanging around -20 to -30. Pretty cold. But fortunately, the wind hasn't been that bad. Gets brutal when the wind climbs up over 20+ mph. Starting to warm up a little. It's only -7 right now. Mini-heatwave. :art

Been having problems with our trucks gelling up. We've been just letting them run throughout the night even if not in use. Better to burn a little diesel than go through the hassle of getting them running again once they gel.
Holy crap, you have to leave your trucks running overnight? That’s nuts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy crap, you have to leave your trucks running overnight? That’s nuts.
Diesel fuel (even the winter blend) will gel up when it gets super cold, and will basically plug your fuel filters. If we shut the diesel motors off over night, it will take hours to get them started again in the morning. Best way to do it is to put tarps over your motor, and use air heaters to warm every thing up, but that takes time. You still have to change all your fuel filters, though. Gelled diesel ruins them.

When you are paying 500 dollars an hour for a workover rig, and it takes 2-3 hours to get them running in the morning... Letting them run over night and burning up a hundred bucks or so worth of diesel is an easy decision.

EDIT: Granted, this doesn't happen all the time. Only when it gets really cold like it is now. -25 below is right around where you start having problems.

Cotton

Staff member
Diesel fuel (even the winter blend) will gel up when it gets super cold, and will basically plug your fuel filters. If we shut the diesel motors off over night, it will take hours to get them started again in the morning. Best way to do it is to put tarps over your motor, and use air heaters to warm every thing up, but that takes time. You still have to change all your fuel filters, though. Gelled diesel ruins them.

When you are paying 500 dollars an hour for a workover rig, and it takes 2-3 hours to get them running in the morning... Letting them run over night and burning up a hundred bucks or so worth of diesel is an easy decision.

EDIT: Granted, this doesn't happen all the time. Only when it gets really cold like it is now. -25 below is right around where you start having problems.
Man, I can’t even imagine having to deal with that. No wonder there isn’t a ton of people that live there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Man, I can’t even imagine having to deal with that. No wonder there isn’t a ton of people that live there.
Yeah, it certainly weeds out all the pussies.

They just stay down in Texas where it's warm. :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Not a hard decision. Freeze your ass off or play golf in January, February, March, etc. :thumbsup

Cotton

Staff member

It doesn't exactly stay warm in this part of Texas. It doesn't get as cold there, but it gets below zero fairly often during the winter.

Top Bottom