FWST: Jerry Jones to Cowboys fans: Don’t worry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not a defender of Jerry Jones but what's he supposed to say?

"We're looking at all of our options with regards to the coaching staff."

"Fortunately this draft class is QB heavy so we look forward to it."

That will never be said.
Of course it won't be.

Because neither one of those two thoughts have gone through his head.

When he chooses to deliberately go for the sales pitch, he is not bullshitting to hide his true feelings.

He is hardly that intelligent.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's not mindless optimism but rather a pitch from a CEO directed at a specific audience.

It's the audience that's sick, not the filthy rich, nepotistic, used-car salesman issuing the statement.

He's just doing his sales job.
who is the specific audience to which you refer?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
who is the specific audience to which you refer?
I think he is indicating that Jerry Jones is speaking to the homers in the fan base. I don't think that is entirely the case.

p1_

DCC 4Life
thanks BP. Just rub it in.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think he is indicating that Jerry Jones is speaking to the homers in the fan base. I don't think that is entirely the case.
So he’s a deluded salesman. Constantly selling false hope to the fan base .

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's easier for Jones to maintain the status quo rather than trying to find a new puppet. There aren't many left that will continuously kiss his ass and tow the company line.

He's a fvcking snake oil salesman, plain and simple.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's easier for Jones to maintain the status quo rather than trying to find a new puppet. There aren't many left that will continuously kiss his ass and tow the company line.

He's a fvcking snake oil salesman, plain and simple.
^
This

The only reason he dumped Wade so quick was because he was only a placeholder to begin with and had Garrett waiting in the wings. We went to the playoffs twice in the 3.5 years Wade coached. Even won 1 of our 2 playoff games in the last 22 years during that 3 year stretch. We were 1-4 when Romo got knocked out for the season, and all four losses were by 7pts or less.

Not making a case we should've kept Wade, but no way would Jerry have fired Garrett if we had been coach and we had been to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years including having home field for one of those seasons. The first 3 seasons Garrett coached we missed the playoffs and have only been twice in 7 years, once winning only a wildcard and once with homefield and one and done...same as Wade did his first 3 years prior to getting fired.

Truth is Garrett is who Jerry wanted all along and just waited for the first opportunity to make the move. Now he'll keep Garrett no matter what, wasting at least a decade since he has no one waiting in the wings and has no desire to actually hire a legit HC.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Truth is Garrett is who Jerry wanted all along and just waited for the first opportunity to make the move. Now he'll keep Garrett no matter what, wasting at least a decade since he has no one waiting in the wings and has no desire to actually hire a legit HC.
Nor a desire to restore the franchise to the lofty place it called home while Jimmy was here, that being in Conference Championships and Super Bowls. You'd think the absence of any postseason success since Switzer won with Jimmy's team would be crystal clear evidence of failed policy and lame execution. But no, Jerry is more stubborn than he is stupid, it appears.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
^
This

The only reason he dumped Wade so quick was because he was only a placeholder to begin with and had Garrett waiting in the wings. We went to the playoffs twice in the 3.5 years Wade coached. Even won 1 of our 2 playoff games in the last 22 years during that 3 year stretch. We were 1-4 when Romo got knocked out for the season, and all four losses were by 7pts or less.

Not making a case we should've kept Wade, but no way would Jerry have fired Garrett if we had been coach and we had been to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years including having home field for one of those seasons. The first 3 seasons Garrett coached we missed the playoffs and have only been twice in 7 years, once winning only a wildcard and once with homefield and one and done...same as Wade did his first 3 years prior to getting fired.

Yep. I remember when some fans went into a tizzy when the RHG was rumored to become the head coach in Baltimore(?) because some thought he was the next big thing. In the meantime, Baltimore won their second Super Bowl, which is two more than Dallas in the last 22 years.

vince

Not So New Member
Yep. I remember when some fans went into a tizzy when the RHG was rumored to become the head coach in Baltimore(?) because some thought he was the next big thing. In the meantime, Baltimore won their second Super Bowl, which is two more than Dallas in the last 22 years.
Wasn't it Baltimore who wanted Garrett as HC?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wasn't it Baltimore who wanted Garrett as HC?
Those SOBs owe us flowers or something for saving them from this dimwit.

Although if he did go to Baltimore they'd have ran him out of town a long time ago. They're be no nepotism in place to save his arse.

midswat

... soon
Heard on local sports talk radio that Jerry has come out and said Garrett is coming back next year.

Man fuck this team

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heard on local sports talk radio that Jerry has come out and said Garrett is coming back next year.

Man fuck this team
He also said Romo is still the starter. Until he wasn't. So I'll hold onto that sliver of hope for now.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Those SOBs owe us flowers or something for saving them from this dimwit.

Although if he did go to Baltimore they'd have ran him out of town a long time ago. They're be no nepotism in place to save his arse.
Oh, without a doubt.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Garrett is definitely coming back. He's part of the family, still under contract and Jerry has zero interest in hiring a legit coach.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure Jerry isn't just blowing smoke. Pretty much goes without saying that Linehan is out. But if we get rolled in Philly it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry get rid of Garrett.
I just don't believe anything Jerruh says. I don't believe he's optimistic either. He's self absorbed and incompetent. But he's not stupid. He says these things to pacify the fans who may buy into his BS. It's part of his business man snake oil technique.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not sure Jerry isn't just blowing smoke. Pretty much goes without saying that Linehan is out. But if we get rolled in Philly it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry get rid of Garrett.
I just don't believe anything Jerruh says. I don't believe he's optimistic either. He's self absorbed and incompetent. But he's not stupid. He says these things to pacify the fans who may buy into his BS. It's part of his business man snake oil technique.
Welcome again to the board. Post more, seriously.

Top Bottom