FWST: Jerry Jones to Cowboys fans: Don’t worry

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
rage rising ...

Jerry Jones to Cowboys fans: Don’t worry

By Drew Davison
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Jerry Jones expressed disappointment in the way the Dallas Cowboys’ playoff chances ended Sunday, with a 21-12 dud of a loss to a banged-up Seattle Seahawks team.

But the owner of America’s Team essentially had a simple message to fans: Don’t worry!

Jones is an eternal optimist and he sees nothing but good things coming his organization’s way.

“I’m extremely excited about our future,” Jones said.

In other words, no need to worry about why the Cowboys failed to reach the playoffs. This team isn’t far from being back in contention for a Super Bowl in Jones’ mind even though the championship drought drags into Year 23.

Jason Garrett is the right coach. Don’t worry about him reaching the postseason just twice in seven full years. Don’t worry about the Cowboys failing to win four games they led at halftime. Don’t worry about a blowout loss to a Denver Broncos team that’s eyeing a top-10 pick, or losing home games to the Los Angeles Rams and Green Bay Packers despite scoring 30 points.

“I feel good about our head coach,” Jones said.

Dak Prescott is the right quarterback. Don’t worry about him more than tripling his interception total from his rookie season. Don’t worry about him failing to throw for 200 yards in seven games this season. Don’t worry about his struggles without Ezekiel Elliott.

“I’m excited about our future with Dak at quarterback,” Jones said.

And Jones isn’t ready to throw the towel in on Dez Bryant being an elite receiver. Don’t worry about Bryant failing to have a 100-yard receiving game this season, or going through a five-game touchdown drought, or having a $16.5 million cap figure in 2018.

Oh, and don’t worry about the drops. Prescott knows he has to hit Bryant in the facemask these days.

“We have a lot of respect for all the good things that Dez brings,” Jones said. “He’s come a long way and made some serious positive contributions to the team.”

And don’t worry about anything else that may be seemingly wrong with this Cowboys team.

Don’t worry that All-Pro left tackle Tyron Smith has missed multiple games with injuries for consecutive seasons and has been flagged a career-high five times for holding. Don’t worry about linebacker Sean Lee’s struggles to stay healthy an entire season.

Or kicker Dan Bailey posting a career-low field goal percentage, or defensive backs Byron Jones and Anthony Brown regressing this season.

And definitely don’t worry about AT&T Stadium, the $1.2 billion home that has been anything but friendly to the Cowboys.

The Cowboys completed another losing season at home (3-5) and have winning seasons in just four of the nine seasons in what’s known as JerryWorld. They’re 37-35 all-time at AT&T Stadium since it opened in 2009.

“As far as the atmosphere for the Cowboys and as far as the facility itself, if facilities have anything to do with it, we ought to win more ballgames,” Jerry Jones said. “But we’re just going to have to look at what we’re doing on the field and continue to try to get better. I like some of the players, the talent that we’ve brought in. Young players on defense. I like our fundamentals on offense. None of that has changed from today.

“Frankly, I’m a little numb because the way we started, the good feeling, the uptick we had with Zeke coming back. All of that I thought that would rule the day today.”

Instead, the Cowboys’ shortcomings ruled the day. This team would seem to have more questions than answers going into 2018.

But don’t worry. The Cowboys owner insists that brighter days are ahead.

“We just got to get it done better,” Jones said.
---------------------------------------------------------------

he's trolling us right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
he's trolling us right?
This is no different than how he has behaved for years.

He could give two shits about what the fans want and cares more about having to pay a guy under contract.

That is a big reason why Garrett isn't going anywhere.

There are too many excuses that can be used to explain another .500 season. He does not think down to the micro-level to think why they keep falling back to the Mendoza line.

Mindless optimism from this guy is like a sick disease.

Landry

DCC 4Life
:budd:budd
rage rising ...

Jerry Jones to Cowboys fans: Don’t worry

By Drew Davison
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Jerry Jones expressed disappointment in the way the Dallas Cowboys’ playoff chances ended Sunday, with a 21-12 dud of a loss to a banged-up Seattle Seahawks team.

But the owner of America’s Team essentially had a simple message to fans: Don’t worry!

Jones is an eternal optimist and he sees nothing but good things coming his organization’s way.

“I’m extremely excited about our future,” Jones said.

In other words, no need to worry about why the Cowboys failed to reach the playoffs. This team isn’t far from being back in contention for a Super Bowl in Jones’ mind even though the championship drought drags into Year 23.

Jason Garrett is the right coach. Don’t worry about him reaching the postseason just twice in seven full years. Don’t worry about the Cowboys failing to win four games they led at halftime. Don’t worry about a blowout loss to a Denver Broncos team that’s eyeing a top-10 pick, or losing home games to the Los Angeles Rams and Green Bay Packers despite scoring 30 points.

“I feel good about our head coach,” Jones said.

Dak Prescott is the right quarterback. Don’t worry about him more than tripling his interception total from his rookie season. Don’t worry about him failing to throw for 200 yards in seven games this season. Don’t worry about his struggles without Ezekiel Elliott.

“I’m excited about our future with Dak at quarterback,” Jones said.

And Jones isn’t ready to throw the towel in on Dez Bryant being an elite receiver. Don’t worry about Bryant failing to have a 100-yard receiving game this season, or going through a five-game touchdown drought, or having a $16.5 million cap figure in 2018.

Oh, and don’t worry about the drops. Prescott knows he has to hit Bryant in the facemask these days.

“We have a lot of respect for all the good things that Dez brings,” Jones said. “He’s come a long way and made some serious positive contributions to the team.”

And don’t worry about anything else that may be seemingly wrong with this Cowboys team.

Don’t worry that All-Pro left tackle Tyron Smith has missed multiple games with injuries for consecutive seasons and has been flagged a career-high five times for holding. Don’t worry about linebacker Sean Lee’s struggles to stay healthy an entire season.

Or kicker Dan Bailey posting a career-low field goal percentage, or defensive backs Byron Jones and Anthony Brown regressing this season.

And definitely don’t worry about AT&T Stadium, the $1.2 billion home that has been anything but friendly to the Cowboys.

The Cowboys completed another losing season at home (3-5) and have winning seasons in just four of the nine seasons in what’s known as JerryWorld. They’re 37-35 all-time at AT&T Stadium since it opened in 2009.

“As far as the atmosphere for the Cowboys and as far as the facility itself, if facilities have anything to do with it, we ought to win more ballgames,” Jerry Jones said. “But we’re just going to have to look at what we’re doing on the field and continue to try to get better. I like some of the players, the talent that we’ve brought in. Young players on defense. I like our fundamentals on offense. None of that has changed from today.

“Frankly, I’m a little numb because the way we started, the good feeling, the uptick we had with Zeke coming back. All of that I thought that would rule the day today.”

Instead, the Cowboys’ shortcomings ruled the day. This team would seem to have more questions than answers going into 2018.

But don’t worry. The Cowboys owner insists that brighter days are ahead.

“We just got to get it done better,” Jones said.
---------------------------------------------------------------

he's trolling us right?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It takes a special kind of asshole to look at Dez's poor production, bloated salary and childish sideline antics and say to yourself, "Yes, I want more of that."

I'm jealous of NY. Intense media and fan backlash literally got a coach and GM fired. Dallas? More of the same.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck Jerry Jones and his whole fucking family, too.

data

Forbes #1
I'm surprised he didn't drop a "...I personally invite you to see how we are building a championship team this off-season. Come to The Star in Frisco for a $35 tour of the facilities."

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It takes a special kind of asshole to look at Dez's poor production, bloated salary and childish sideline antics and say to yourself, "Yes, I want more of that."

I'm jealous of NY. Intense media and fan backlash literally got a coach and GM fired. Dallas? More of the same.
Maybe some fans could get together and fund a billboard calling for changes...:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm surprised he didn't drop a "...I personally invite you to see how we are building a championship team this off-season. Come to The Star in Frisco for a $35 tour of the facilities."
:lol

vince

Not So New Member
I'm not a defender of Jerry Jones but what's he supposed to say?

"We're looking at all of our options with regards to the coaching staff."

"Fortunately this draft class is QB heavy so we look forward to it."

That will never be said.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

That will never be said.
He could say that this kind of underachievement is unacceptable and we'll look at every avenue to improve things. Even if he doesn't end up doing anything, he could project that kind of thinking.

But instead it's we have great talent, I love our coach, everything is basically fine except for maybe a few tweaks, and we're great going forward.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He could say that this kind of underachievement is unacceptable and we'll look at every avenue to improve things. Even if he doesn't end up doing anything, he could project that kind of thinking.

But instead it's we have great talent, I love our coach, everything is basically fine except for maybe a few tweaks, and we're great going forward.
Only an hour or so after Mara fired McAdoo, he stood at the podium and told the media that he was embarrassed to have to be standing there doing what he was doing.

That is what a real owner who has championship expectations for his franchise looks like. To say that he was embarrassed memes that the organization and the football team had not met the expectations that he set for them and he was essentially apologizing to the fans.

That is a complete opposite of what this buffoon we have is an owner does and is doing right now.

Saying everything is fine and the future is bright is not what he should be doing at the moment. But when you know you're the main person to blame and you're not going anywhere then what else does that leave you to say and do?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

That will never be said.
He had two options: the truth or no comment. Instead, we get whistling past the graveyard and insulting the intelligence of fans with moronic, undeserved optimism.

midswat

... soon
Whew. I was getting worried about the state of the team but Jerry really put my mind at ease here. Everything’s gonna be alright guys! Go Cowboys.

vince

Not So New Member
I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over this. If you've been following the Cowboys for at least 2 years, you'd know half the shit he says is just gibberish.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over this. If you've been following the Cowboys for at least 2 years, you'd know half the shit he says is just gibberish.
Well that is true. The man is an expert at talking of both sides of his mouth. But I think we all are pretty well aware that he is telling the truth about Garrett.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Mindless optimism from this guy is like a sick disease.
It's not mindless optimism but rather a pitch from a CEO directed at a specific audience.

It's the audience that's sick, not the filthy rich, nepotistic, used-car salesman issuing the statement.

He's just doing his sales job.

vince

Not So New Member
Well that is true. The man is an expert at talking of both sides of his mouth. But I think we all are pretty well aware that he is telling the truth about Garrett.
And it's honestly the only string I'm hanging onto right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is a common misperception. He may talk in a nonsensical way, his optimism is not false. He truly believes what he says.

Top Bottom