FWST: Jerry Jones to Cowboys fans: Don’t worry

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett is definitely coming back. He's part of the family, still under contract and Jerry has zero interest in hiring a legit coach.
Like I have said my only hope is that a lot of the same was said about Romo last year. And Jerry repeatedly said that Romo is our starter when healthy. When push came to shove though and Romo was healthy, Dak was our starter. So my hope is something similar happens to Garrett. Although I won't hold my breath.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Garrett is a special case, though. The Cowboys are a family business, and Garrett is basically family. Jerry has been planning since 1999 or so to make him his head coach. I think it's going to take a much worse season than this one to get him canned. Even just a week or two ago, both Jones buffoons were screaming "Coach of the Year!" to anyone who dared question him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett is a special case, though. The Cowboys are a family business, and Garrett is basically family. Jerry has been planning since 1999 or so to make him his head coach. I think it's going to take a much worse season than this one to get him canned. Even just a week or two ago, both Jones buffoons were screaming "Coach of the Year!" to anyone who dared question him.
Yeah but remember Romo sitting at a highschool football game with Jerry? Is there any more "in the family" than that?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I do think Romo's health had a ton to do with it, though. Tony may not have been at the very end of the line, but he was awfully close. That's the difference between a player and a coach.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Why would Jerry ever need to make changes?

He got his stadium, and money is continuing to flow in regardless of the shitty product he puts on the field.

Again...if it doesn't affect your wallet, why change?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would Jerry ever need to make changes?

He got his stadium, and money is continuing to flow in regardless of the shitty product he puts on the field.

Again...if it doesn't affect your wallet, why change?
You don't think winning a Superbowl would put more cash in his pocket? The bandwagon fans would surely come out of the woodwork and throw some cash Jerry's way if that happened.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure Jerry isn't just blowing smoke. Pretty much goes without saying that Linehan is out. But if we get rolled in Philly it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry get rid of Garrett.
I just don't believe anything Jerruh says. I don't believe he's optimistic either. He's self absorbed and incompetent. But he's not stupid. He says these things to pacify the fans who may buy into his BS. It's part of his business man snake oil technique.

Excellent post. I agree.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So my hope is something similar happens to Garrett. Although I won't hold my breath.
I advise against it. Jason Garrett is going nowhere.

Had the Joneses had their way, Romo would have been back. It was Garrett who backed Prescott and convinced the Joneses that the media was right.

Read VA's post.

Garrett isn't even midway through a 30 million dollar extension. Jerry is committed and completely in the tank with his smart-sounding Ivy league tool.

Even if the team completely gave up this weekend and was blown out by Eagle backups, Jerry wouldn't care in the slightest.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
You don't think winning a Superbowl would put more cash in his pocket? The bandwagon fans would surely come out of the woodwork and throw some cash Jerry's way if that happened.
Sure, to the average guy that makes sense.

Jerrys big prize was the stadium...he's making money hand over fist leasing out the stadium hosting other venues way outside of football.

As for football, we're talking about Jerry....he only cares about doing things his way, and theres no greater GM out there in his mind. And without any evidence of being able to hold himself or Garrett to any sort of accountability, tons of money coming in, and definitely no fear of losing their jobs I don't think the motivation is there to win a SB like it is for other franchises.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Been thinking about some potential candidates should Garrett get canned. Matt Patricia stands out to me. Maybe it's the whole "success by association" thing, but the guy impresses me.
Who else out there looks like the real thing?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, to the average guy that makes sense.

Jerrys big prize was the stadium...he's making money hand over fist leasing out the stadium hosting other venues way outside of football.

As for football, we're talking about Jerry....he only cares about doing things his way, and theres no greater GM out there in his mind. And without any evidence of being able to hold himself or Garrett to any sort of accountability, tons of money coming in, and definitely no fear of losing their jobs I don't think the motivation is there to win a SB like it is for other franchises.
Yeah I mean if you think Jerry has become complacent I definitely agree with you. It's funny because Jerry used to be the exact opposite. Seemed like every few years we had a new shitty head coach (Puppet). But now he has teetered totally in the opposite direction where he doesn't want to make any changes ever.

data

Forbes #1
Been thinking about some potential candidates should Garrett get canned. Matt Patricia stands out to me. Maybe it's the whole "success by association" thing, but the guy impresses me.
let’s be real, though. Candidates like Patricia are gonna want to shake up the power structure. Dealbreaker for Jerruh.

You will get a retread desperate for one last glorious paycheck like Lovie Smith.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not sure Jerry isn't just blowing smoke. Pretty much goes without saying that Linehan is out. But if we get rolled in Philly it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry get rid of Garrett.
I just don't believe anything Jerruh says. I don't believe he's optimistic either. He's self absorbed and incompetent. But he's not stupid. He says these things to pacify the fans who may buy into his BS. It's part of his business man snake oil technique.
Allow me to welcome you properly...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something about Patriots assistants scares me. They can never seem to replicate the success once they leave the building. Plus Patricia just kind of strikes me as a dumb meathead type but maybe I'm wrong.

Top Bottom