Jason Garrett has to go!

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah, his potential AHC gig in the CFL even fell through earlier this year if I remember right. There's a reason he hasn't held down a job for over two years, nobody's willing to touch him even with a red hot poker.
Yeah in the current political climate he's pretty fucked. Likely deservedly so. But being a headcoach for Baylor vs an OC for an NFL team, your ability to corrupt young minds is pretty different. He'll never be a HC again, certainly not in college and definitely not in the NFL, I wouldn't think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Briles May have something to offer an organization but it’s not worth the PR risk to anyone to put him on the payroll. In time things will blow over but the attitude and environment prevailing currently would bring a lot of unwanted haranguing from many quarters.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Please.

Briles?

The guy could be some genius, but really?

The dude would be a shit magnet if he was hired.

Do we really need more stupid ass drama?

If they want him so bad, hire him as a silent consultant or something. Jesus.
Agree 100%.

But we're talking about an organization run by Jerry Jones. So I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question......which is a big part of our problem.

data

Forbes #1
Jerruh, you brought in Greg Hardy, he sucked and no fans lost. NFL ruled that Zeke is a DV monster and it didn’t hurt revenue. Just have Trump give Briles a ringing endorsement; I’m sure the President won’t care about the allegations. Even better, it’d bring heat to your best friend, Goodell, and make him squirm; Make Goodell earn his new pay raise.

Test the fans’ loyalty, Jerruh. Put the ball in Goodell’s court. Do it. Now’s the perfect time.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Obviously nothing will be announced until after the season has ended. I don't think Jerry will announce his coaching changes on Black Monday like the rest of the league. That's not his style. I think we have about a 10-14 day window to realistically expect changes. IMO, if nothing has changed by the end of the time-frame it's pretty much a lock that we'll be going into 2018 with the same coaching staff.

Unfortunately I think Marinelli did just enough to save his job. He can at least make the argument that his defense played well down the stretch of the season. I'd still like to see a coordinator change though. I think we can do better.

Linehan is probably a dead man walking. Dak's regression mixed with the questionable play-calling should be enough to put him firmly on the hot seat.

Garrett is probably safe in Jerry's eyes. The failures of this offense will all be shoved into Linehan's lap because Jerry's to obtuse to dig a level deeper and notice that even though Garrett's not the OC, he's failed to manage the players, coaches, and games properly. That series of play-calling at the goal line is a prime example of a failure on the HC and OC's part. Stuff like that happens way too often in Dallas to continue to ignore.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Linehan is probably a dead man walking. Dak's regression mixed with the questionable play-calling should be enough to put him firmly on the hot seat.
The irony is Linehan will be fired for doing the absolute same shit Garrett would have done in his place.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The irony is Linehan will be fired for doing the absolute same shit Garrett would have done in his place.
Yup.

Garrett was doing all of these very same things long before Linehan ever arrived.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And why Garrett didn't take an active part in that goal line series, and overrule Linehan, is beyond me. Fucker knows hes safe with uncle Jerr, he knew Linehan would get the ax. Cowardice, straight up.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah in the current political climate he's pretty fucked. Likely deservedly so. But being a headcoach for Baylor vs an OC for an NFL team, your ability to corrupt young minds is pretty different. He'll never be a HC again, certainly not in college and definitely not in the NFL, I wouldn't think.
Yeah, I doubt he'll ever be a HC again.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah I doubt he does either. To an extent the general public thinks of him the same as the rapists that played for him.
It would be like hiring Jeffrey Dahmer to cater a wedding.
Women still throw their panties on stage for Chris Brown, parents still play Billie Jean to their kids and we still fill our car tanks full of Exxon gas.

Why can’t we have our coach? Dig up Joe Paterno if it’d help us get to the NFCC.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Women still throw their panties on stage for Chris Brown, parents still play Billie Jean to their kids and we still fill our car tanks full of Exxon gas.

Why can’t we have our coach? Dig up Joe Paterno if it’d help us get to the NFCC.
I would too, but ethics isn't really the problem. I doubt we'd have the organizational fortitude to handle the shit storm that would follow it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah personally I wouldn't care. I mean it's not like the dude raped anyone himself. If it helps us win a Superbowl I'd put up with a lot of sketchy folk.

But the NFL is a business. Shit even college football is a business. And if it hurts their bottom lines to bring in a questionable guy they won't do it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah personally I wouldn't care. I mean it's not like the dude raped anyone himself. If it helps us win a Superbowl I'd put up with a lot of sketchy folk.

But the NFL is a business. Shit even college football is a business. And if it hurts their bottom lines to bring in a questionable guy they won't do it.
Look at all the sketchy MF players Jerry has brought in, desperately wanting to hit a home run with a player who’s had trouble in one form or another . This is no different, except the guy didn’t have a direct hand in the crimes.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Look at all the sketchy MF players Jerry has brought in, desperately wanting to hit a home run with a player who’s had trouble in one form or another . This is no different, except the guy didn’t have a direct hand in the crimes.
Yeah, but we drew the line at Randy Moss :budd

kidd

DCC 4Life
John Fox and Jack Del Rio have both been fired. I'd take either one of them over Garrett.

Top Bottom