User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturm: Pondering The Present And Future Of Jason Witten

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    And as much as we want to blame coaching, we had no issue going downfield with Romo. So is the staff out of ideas? Or does the staff not trust Prescott? Or is Prescott simply not able to execute downfield? Maybe some combination of all three, but I'm positive it is at least partially Prescott's lack of execution, which in turn, effects the staff's trust of him.

Prescott needs to take a very big leap this year or we will probably be looking for a QB again soon.
    Effects???
    Dear Lord I thought you went to a decent college...

Even the Raider knows better...

@Rev supporter

So wait, are people trying to blame this on Dak

Certainly we can all see the decline. The man is 36 for gods sake. It would take a miracle for him not to decline some at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Effects???
    Dear Lord I thought you went to a decent college...

Even the Raider knows better...

Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Certainly we can all see the decline. The man is 36 for gods sake. It would take a miracle for him not to decline some at that age.
    Uh.... no. We are trying to blame his downfield targets declining on Dak, not his YPC.

No one said it's all Dak. My words were, if you cared to examine them instead of jumping to unreasonable conclusions, I wonder if it's something that should not just be dismissed out of hand as Sturm does in this article. Implying it could be substantially both things.

He wasn't 36 in 2015.

Uh.... no. We are trying to blame his downfield targets declining on Dak, not his YPC.

No one said it's all Dak. My words were, if you cared to examine them instead of jumping to unreasonable conclusions, I wonder if it's something that should not just be dismissed out of hand as Sturm does in this article. Implying it could be substantially both things.
    That chart isn't YPC, it's yards AFTER catch.

Seems to me that YAC has very little to do with our discussion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    That chart isn't YPC, it's yards AFTER catch.

Seems to me that YAC has very little to do with our discussion though.
    YAC has everything to do with it. As a player becomes worse and worse he is going to get less and less YAC. YAC indicates separation and explosive ability with the ball in his hands. A 1.6 indicates a total lack of any of those traits. That has to be one of the worst YAC per reception in the NFL.

YAC has everything to do with it. As a player becomes worse and worse he is going to get less and less YAC. YAC indicates separation and explosive ability with the ball in his hands. A 1.6 indicates a total lack of any of those traits. That has to be one of the worst YAC per reception in the NFL.
    No, it doesn’t have everything to do with it. He’s always been poor at YAC. Sturm has another chart that his downfield targets have dried up as well. Obviously some of that is based on a decrease in explosiveness but since he did still do it occasionally as the chart showed, it meant he still was physically capable to sow extent. Wondering to what extent it was the QB cannot be answered by a YAC average.

No, it doesn’t have everything to do with it. He’s always been poor at YAC. Sturm has another chart that his downfield targets have dried up as well. Obviously some of that is based on a decrease in explosiveness but since he did still do it occasionally as the chart showed, it meant he still was physically capable to sow extent. Wondering to what extent it was the QB cannot be answered by a YAC average.
    We threw to him downfield less last season because he is slow as dirt. Which is shown by the 1.7 yards after catch average. Which was by far the worst of his career.

The guy is 36 and slow as hell. This isn't rocket science. Players don't last forever.

We threw to him downfield less last season because he is slow as dirt. Which is shown by the 1.7 yards after catch average. Which was by far the worst of his career.

The guy is 36 and slow as hell. This isn't rocket science. Players don't last forever.
    No, this chart does not prove any of that.