Jerry Jones: "I Feel Good About Our Head Coach" Despite Disappointing Loss

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, I think the boycott is back on.
I was always hoping for you billboard.

I know you caught some good natured ribbing over it, but I honestly do think it would have drawn local media attention and all you're looking for sometimes is a spark.

I'm done with this. If Garrett comes back and so do the coordinators, then I will not be following this team in any capacity next season.

I've got better things to do with my time.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I only watched a few games this year. The kneeling thing still pisses me off. But, If Garrett is here next year, they get zero watch time from me. I'll come here to say hello to all of you on various topics, but not regarding the Cowboys. I'm tired of watching the same stupidity from coaching for the past 8 years and refuse to watch another. I just may have to root for GB with my wife as much as that hurts.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I checked out of that clusterfuck of a game after it became clear in the second half that Dallas would find another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'll watch the last game if it's available locally but fvck the rest of the season, the draft, TC and all the offseason crap. I'll probably still watch when they're on next season because I was a fan decades before Arkansas Skeletor took the helm but all the peripheral crap can kiss my ass. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I checked out of that clusterfuck of a game after it became clear in the second half that Dallas would find another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'll watch the last game if it's available locally but fvck the rest of the season, the draft, TC and all the offseason crap. I'll probably still watch when they're on next season because I was a fan decades before Arkansas Skeletor took the helm but all the peripheral crap can kiss my ass. I'm getting too old for this shit.
Eh, I'll watch the draft. We have actually done pretty well there as of late. Shit, I'm already in draft mode. I'm done with this NFL season. Don't give a shit who wins from here on out. Don't even care if we beat the Eagles or not. Probably better if we don't.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

That is actually how it started for me.

I couldn't just turn it off overnight but I knew that I had to do something because it didn't make sense to continue on supporting the team the way that I had all my life up until the end of the 2011 season.

It was the end of the 2011 season when I knew that I had to do something. That was easily one of the two most difficult seasons I've had as a fan since the 2000's began. But seeing how aggressive we were in the 2012 offseason both in regards to player acquisition and bringing in Rob Ryan (looks really silly in hindsight, I know), I got intrigued again just enough to be like "Hmmmmm....." :lol

But even then, I missed about four or five complete games in that season Once it was clear from the beginning that we were going to be the same average team we had been in the years leading up to that point.

But after we lost the season finale in 2012 to the Redskins, that is when I made a conscious effort to force myself to lose interest. So I made myself not follow the draft or any of the offseason stuff or anything else like that. And what ensued was a 2013 season where I missed about eight or nine games.

From that point forward, my interest has never been the same and it is not hard at all to not pay attention to the Cowboys now. I don't even care for the draft anymore nor do I watch much NFL football that doesn't involve the Cowboys. I haven't watched a non Cowboys playoff game in years, and outside of a few minutes here or there, I can't really tell you what happened in any of the recent Super Bowls either.

I don't think my love for the team will ever be the same even if they were to change how they do business. And the reason that I know this is, even in that great 2014 season when we finally had that look about us, I still wasn't enjoying wins like I used to before I made myself go on strike, so to speak.

Yes, I was still enjoying the wins but they weren't making my entire week like they used to in years past. And the losses bothered me next to none, just like they didn't the previous two seasons when I didn't care.

That told me that my love for the Cowboys was probably never going to be the same but I don't regret it one bit. It was one of the smarter decisions I've made in recent years.

My point is, you may have to fight the urge in the beginning to watch or read about them and you may even have to force yourself to do it. But once you have, the disinterest will start to come naturally.

You'll be much better off, believe me.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
My point is, you may have to fight the urge in the beginning to watch or read about them and you may even have to force yourself to do it. But once you have, the disinterest will start to come naturally.

You'll be much better off, believe me.
Yeah, I'm getting there. I've been disenchanted with the NFL ever since Goofell took the reins and started stirring the pot but JG's ineptness and the team walking a treadmill to nowhere in general is killing my interest. Fvck it, there's still college football until they find yet another way to screw that up too. I even thought about checking out some HS ball and I never had much of an interest in that. One local team is the Indiana HS version of the Patriots and another is mediocre because all the talent winds up at the former. Oh well.

D

Deuce

I’m clinging to the hope that a blowout loss to an eagles team playing their backup QB will change Jerruh’s mind.

midswat

... soon
I’m clinging to the hope that a blowout loss to an eagles team playing their backup QB will change Jerruh’s mind.
Eagles have nothing to play for, likely rest starters. We’ll come out and win by double-digits and Jerry will hang his hat on how close we were and what could’ve been if it wasn’t for that darned Zeke suspension.

No significant changes in the offseason and same shit show next year.

Idiot masses continue to clap.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Eagles won’t win. They will tank just like they did in 2010. It doesn’t help them to give us a better draft position.

Cowboys need to show they can pummel the Eagles if they don’t try. If Dallas half-asses it, Jason Garrett should be crucified in the media (though we know he won’t be fired).

data

Forbes #1
Eagles won’t win. They will tank just like they did in 2010. It doesn’t help them to give us a better draft position.

Cowboys need to show they can pummel the Eagles if they don’t try. If Dallas half-asses it, Jason Garrett should be crucified in the media (though we know he won’t be fired).
Expect an onsides kick when we're up by 15...

:robowink

p1_

DCC 4Life
I just noticed, we're all so mad about the Seattle debacle and the shit show this season has been, no one put up a Philly stuff thread. How apropos of the sentiment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just noticed, we're all so mad about the Seattle debacle and the shit show this season has been, no one put up a Philly stuff thread. How apropos of the sentiment.
No reason for an Eagles Stuff thread. I even hid the primer button because no one needs to be reminded of that crap.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Set, and button reinstated. We will need something for the offseason after this, or I can just hide the button again. Doesn't matter to me either way.
I'd be ok with hiding the whole fucking site.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol

Top Bottom