Week 16 Game Day Chatter | Saturday Games | 12/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
WGAS what the temperature is at Lambeau? All these players have modern uniforms and conveniences.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Is it just me or did Hundley look like a crackhead during his intro?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, at least I know all those stupid fucking cheeseheads at Lambeau right now know their team has a zero shot at the playoffs.

Fuck them all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seeing Keenum there reminds me that the Vikings have a tough decision to make.

They have Bradford, who probably should be cut or traded for whatever they can get, Bridgewater who is a bit of a risk or Keenum who has played way over his head and is going to play the free agency market.

Not a good situation to be in.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I just want us to play the Packers one fucking time and the refs play is straight. Just fucking once.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just want us to play the Packers one fucking time and the refs play is straight. Just fucking once.
Hell, I would take just one fucking time without Rodgers so we could humiliate them.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Damn Thielen was covered utterly. If we manage to squeak our ass into the playoffs, I would love to play Minny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thing is people believe that the Packers cheat with their OL technique, but you don't see teams like Minnesota struggle with it. They can still get pressure.

This whole "no holding" streak is perhaps conspiracy, but there is something to how our lineman...errr, "rushmen"....are taught to work through blocks.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Hell, I would take just one fucking time without Rodgers so we could humiliate them.
Now that I think about it, that game up in Lambeau last year we whipped them pretty good and the refs played in straight. Irving took over that game.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Thing is people believe that the Packers cheat with their OL technique, but you don't see teams like Minnesota struggle with it. They can still get pressure.

This whole "no holding" streak is perhaps conspiracy, but there is something to how our lineman...errr, "rushmen"....are taught to work through blocks.
There's more to it than that but I suspect you've seen the same videos as I have. The Vikings use a very specific technique to defeat Green Bay's particular brand of holding. I guess you have to come up with new techniques when you play the fuckers twice a year. Of course, our asshole staff doesn't bother to review the Vikings tape to figure out what they're doing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's more to it than that but I suspect you've seen the same videos as I have. The Vikings use a very specific technique to defeat Green Bay's particular brand of holding. I guess you have to come up with new techniques when you play the fuckers twice a year. Of course, our asshole staff doesn't bother to review the Vikings tape to figure out what they're doing.
If you aspire to be the best, you can't stop at looking to conquer your division.

You have to look beyond that. Back in the heyday, it was Dallas and San Francisco parrying around each other way more than some divisional opponent.

Green Bay has been our impediment for at least two seasons.

I think you don't overlook that in terms of preparation if you intend to be a playoff team.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If you aspire to be the best, you can't stop at looking to conquer your division.

You have to look beyond that. Back in the heyday, it was Dallas and San Francisco parrying around each other way more than some divisional opponent.

Green Bay has been our impediment for at least two seasons.

I think you don't overlook that in terms of preparation if you intend to be a playoff team.
I can't agree more.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What is the specific technique to beat the holding? I hadn't heard that.

Also, do our coaches really have to be that motivated to find things like that? Just get to 8 or even fewer wins a year and everyone is golden.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What is the specific technique to beat the holding? I hadn't heard that.
The article was posted here, I am just too lazy to look for it.

The deal has a lot to do with how the Packers' OL don't punch at the snap, they hold their arms out wide and eliminate a target for the rusher. Then most DL start with a lot of hand fighting focused on something that isn't even there. Then the Packers OL guy will just wait, fight off the flailing hands inside and absorb the guy and clutch the shoulder pads and steer.

midswat

... soon
In game mock draft.... (projected draft order per google search). Copy and paste, make your selection, post. Lets see if we can get through this round during the game....

1. Cleveland Browns (0-14) - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
2. New York Giants (2-12)
3. Indianapolis Colts (3-11)
4. San Francisco 49ers (4-10)
5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans) (4-10)
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10)
7. Chicago Bears (4-10)
8. Cincinnati Bengals (5-9)
9. Denver Broncos (5-9)
10. New York Jets (5-9)
11. Arizona Cardinals (6-8)
12. Oakland Raiders (6-8)
13. Miami Dolphins (6-8)
14. Washington Redskins (6-8)
15. Green Bay Packers (7-7)
16. Los Angeles Chargers (7-7)
17. Buffalo Bills (8-6);
18. Dallas Cowboys (8-6)
19. Detroit Lions (8-6)
20. Seattle Seahawks (8-6)
21. Tennessee Titans (8-6)
22. Baltimore Ravens (8-6)
23. Atlanta Falcons (9-5)
24. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs, 8-6)
25. Carolina Panthers (10-4)
26. New Orleans Saints (10-4)
27. Los Angeles Rams (10-4)
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4)
29. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3)
30. Minnesota Vikings (11-3)
31. Philadelphia Eagles (12-2)
32. New England Patriots (11-3)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In a year that has seen ratings decline, things are not looking good for the NFL. Especially on the NFC side.

We basically have two teams with backup QBs and the upstart Rams. Then a shitty wildcard group with the Lions and whatever emerges from the NFC South?

Yikes. Talk about poor marketability.

midswat

... soon
In a year that has seen ratings decline, things are not looking good for the NFL. Especially on the NFC side.

We basically have two teams with backup QBs and the upstart Rams. Then a shitty wildcard group with the Lions and whatever emerges from the NFC South?

Yikes. Talk about poor marketability.
Rams and Saints should be the favorites.

Wouldn't count Carolina out either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rams and Saints should be the favorites.

Wouldn't count Carolina out either.
Fuck the Panthers.

They got to the Super Bowl a few years ago with a yellow brick road path with crap.

At the end of the day, nobody will give a shit about the NFC representative. And unless NE or Pittsburgh are there for the AFC, this might be the lowest rated SB ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom