User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Sign Kyle Wilber

Vea > Smith > James. All three are fine.

Smith should gain some weight and become Lee’s successor. James is a guy any team could use. But Vea can make the whole team better and apply pressure in the middle like few others.

Oh yeah, and he’ll destroy the run.

I'd love to add any of them at 19, but Roquan's the only one who I'd want to trade up that high for.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Vea > Smith > James. All three are fine.

Smith should gain some weight and become Lee’s successor. James is a guy any team could use. But Vea can make the whole team better and apply pressure in the middle like few others.

Oh yeah, and he’ll destroy the run.
    I'd take the two LBers before Vea.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    This.
    To me James could be the leader of this defense. He has that type of character from my understanding. I think similar could be said of Smith.

I like Vea but I wouldn't trade up for him. I'd love to have a stud NT but he isn't going to be a play maker like the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I'd take the two LBers before Vea.
    Yeah I'd take Edmunds over Vea too. I actually really like Edmunds.

I feel like with Lawrence/Irving, we have freaks on the DL. Lee is our fragile freak at LB, though Edwards (I wish he was more instinctive) and Smith (I wish he was bigger) could be as well.

We have no freaks in the defensive backfield. James could be one (thought I wish he was smaller. Biscuit short of a libnebacker?)

Get a freak in round 1.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    James then Smith then Vea. I love Vea (as I have noted many times) but I would not move up for him.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Our “freaks” on the DL are average and above average respectively vs the run. You want better LBing, watch Vea collapse two blockers into their own backfield and then fill in the blank can come in and make a play.

Vea is worth more than the 19th pick, probably in the 12-15 range. I’d definitely trade up for him.

Trading up any higher and you’ve probably lost a 2nd round pick. That’s a disaster.

Didn't pay attention, did Vea have a bad combine or something? Because the few times I saw him I was most impressed at how he can move for a guy that big. This isn't like a Ted Washington type who's totally immobile. I'd definitely take him higher than 19.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Didn't pay attention, did Vea have a bad combine or something? Because the few times I saw him I was most impressed at how he can move for a guy that big. This isn't like a Ted Washington type who's totally immobile. I'd definitely take him higher than 19.
    He ran a 5.1 forty I believe which is excellent for a big guy but he isn't beating many in the NFL off the snap. It's just not his game.