2018 Senior Bowl Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked how he looked in 2016. How well did he recover from the injury? It was pretty late in the year from what I recall.
He recovered fine. He actually hurt it the first game of the year, but tried playing thru it. The first game after the injury, he had 15 tackles and a pick 6, then 8 tackles leading the defense against Iowa. But the shoulder kept giving him pain and was affecting his range of motion, so they shut him down after week 3. He was a huge loss for that defense. I still say if he was there, they would have beat JMU in the playoffs and would have won 6 straight.

Here's an article talking about the labrum tear.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4118341-ndsus-deluca-have-season-ending-shoulder-surgery

EDIT: I went back and read my first post. I guess I made it look like he had a season ender this year. It was in 2016 he missed most of the season. He played all year this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's a real missed opportunity for some of these guys. Miller for example is small and I doubt his workout numbers are going to be very impressive. Without the Senior Bowl teams are going to be stuck with the memory of a 5'10" 190 pound receiver who runs a 4.6 forty.

Mason Rudolph is a big guy with a big arm. If he had a good week he could have skyrocketed up draft boards. But instead he is going to miss the week.

D

Deuce

I can't wait to hear how Shaquem Griffin looks in the workouts. He's a monster that people would rather talk about his disability that his actual play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't wait to hear how Shaquem Griffin looks in the workouts. He's a monster that people would rather talk about his disability that his actual play.
Can a guy really play on the NFL missing half an arm?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How does he bench? :tippytoe

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We drafted a one legged LB in the 2nd, so....
Exactly my thought. Dr Jerry will probably claim our docs are confident they can attach a bionic hand.

And of course that we had to draft him because the Patriots were just about to trade up for him.

D

Deuce

Can a guy really play on the NFL missing half an arm?
Missing a hand, not the arm.

And to be honest, he's a pretty sure tackler despite it. I can't explain how or why, but he is. Add in his bulk, speed, etc and he's an intriguing guy for sure and I think could be a special teams demon right off the bat.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Missing a hand, not the arm.

And to be honest, he's a pretty sure tackler despite it. I can't explain how or why, but he is. Add in his bulk, speed, etc and he's an intriguing guy for sure and I think could be a special teams demon right off the bat.
The special teams thing at the very least especially. He has all the heart and passion it takes to be excellent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Unless he is injured, this is not a smart move for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We drafted a one legged LB in the 2nd, so....
Do you think his arm will regenerate...

But seriously, having a full arm and hand seems pretty vital in being able to tackle. I know he played well in college. But yeah, it's just something you never see so it makes me a bit leery.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is how he worked out when in HS. Obviously, with college resources and attending an Engineering school, they came up with better tools for him to use.

He definitely seems like a PR dream come true for someone like Jerry.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Durham Smythe out of ND, #80 for the North. TE with good size, good athleticism for his size, good hands, willing blocker. Not exactly eye popping stats but TEs were underutilized as targets in SB for some stupid reason and he could probably be drafted in the mid/later rounds. Oh yeah, he's also from Texas and that's usually a plus with the Joneses and he would have a year to be mentored by Witten.

Top Bottom