2018 Senior Bowl Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He deserves some credit.

Most of the top prospects get an agent and pull out.

He might be what I thought Manziel could be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Douche.

Bag.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

He deserves some credit.

Most of the top prospects get an agent and pull out.

He might be what I thought Manziel could be.
He is a douche to the max.

But...he is also a competitor.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
ND crap:

If he gets much PT at the Senior Bowl, pay attention to Durham Smythe out of ND. Dang near prototypical TE size(6'5", 255# or so), athletic, good receiver and blocker. NFL Draft Scout has him pegged as the #6 TE being selected in the 4th or 5th rounds. You probably haven't read much about him because his stats are mediocre but all the TEs at ND were under utilized on offense because they have stupid coaches. He's also from Texas and reminds me of Witten to a degree.

Mike McGlinchey might be worth a look but not in the first round. His development was stunted because ND flipped him from left to right tackle. Good player but not as a LT in the NFL.

Might be interested in Quenton Nelson at guard but I wouldn't take him in the first(Generally any guard) and he'll probably be off the board in the later rounds when Dallas picks, he's almost Zack Martin like, plays with an edge and wins most battles.

Josh Adams might be worth a flyer in the later rounds. Sees and hits holes well, good speed, power and size but he's had trouble staying on the field.When he's healthy, he reminds me of Eric Dickerson Lite but the key here is when he's healthy. I wouldn't take him before the fifth round despite the Heisman hype. I wouldn't touch any of the DBs coming out this year.

Of these players, I would take both Smythe and Nelson if they're available beyond the first and at least Smythe probably would be.

Anyway, that's my two ND cents.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is a douche to the max.

But...he is also a competitor.
Except when he throws an int and "tries" to tackle the guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That’s kinda harsh. The guy has his faults, sure. But this is a thread we have every year. Somebody had to start it.
Fair point. My apologies, Booze.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad to see him playing in this game. I think it's important for a small school guy like that to be able to play with some elite talent. And the rules against JRs are just silly to me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Can I get a run down on him?
Like I told Middy in the CFB thread, he's very much like Sean Lee. (even had a season ending injury last year :art ) Very smart, heady player that is always around the ball. Has been a Bison defensive captain for a couple years. A high volume tackler that has a knack for the big play. Fights off blocks well to get at the ball carrier. Plays pass defense very well.

The only real knock against him is that he doesn't have top end speed for the position. But he makes up for that by knowing where to be at all times. Has the skill set to be a three down LBer in the NFL, but I just don't know if he'll have the speed to run with NFL TE's on 3rd down. Maybe.

I freely admit my homer gene is at work wanting him to be drafted by the Cowboys. But this guy is also a very good football player. He was the only FCS LBer that was picked for the Butkus Award Watch List.

This highlight video is from before this past season. Haven't found one made that includes this year yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Do you want to talk some Josey Jewell? He is Kipers #3 inside LBer. The Outlaw himself.
I've seen Jewell, I know him pretty well and assume he's pretty similar to DeLuca. I'd be pleased with either in the 3rd/4th area.

I'm going to check out DeLuca tomorrow against JMU.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've seen Jewell, I know him pretty well and assume he's pretty similar to DeLuca. I'd be pleased with either in the 3rd/4th area.

That event has always been entertaining. The schools in this system always put on a good game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I really like Jewell as a long term Sean Lee replacement. Instincts are off the charts with the guy. Just diagnosis plays so quickly.

DeLuca can probably be had a little later in the draft though. I may watch the game as well. Not much else to do this weekend anyway and I'd rather watch that than the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like I told Middy in the CFB thread, he's very much like Sean Lee. (even had a season ending injury last year :art ) Very smart, heady player that is always around the ball. Has been a Bison defensive captain for a couple years. A high volume tackler that has a knack for the big play. Fights off blocks well to get at the ball carrier. Plays pass defense very well.

The only real knock against him is that he doesn't have top end speed for the position. But he makes up for that by knowing where to be at all times. Has the skill set to be a three down LBer in the NFL, but I just don't know if he'll have the speed to run with NFL TE's on 3rd down. Maybe.

I freely admit my homer gene is at work wanting him to be drafted by the Cowboys. But this guy is also a very good football player. He was the only FCS LBer that was picked for the Butkus Award Watch List.

This highlight video is from before this past season. Haven't found one made that includes this year yet.
I liked how he looked in 2016. How well did he recover from the injury? It was pretty late in the year from what I recall.

Top Bottom