How one play defined a stellar career

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've lost friends over it. Had he played for a better organization he might have a couple of rings.
That's the point I made and it's why I wouldn't automatically assume we'd be better with Romo playing QB. As good as he was, even he couldn't overcome the handicaps that are put in place by having to play with this organization.

If Romo were here Garrett would still be here mismanaging games and Jerry and co. would still be botching personnel decisions and meddling with the coaching staff.

Drop Romo in Carolina or Atlanta, in a sane football environment.....he probably has at least one title or at the very least would have played in a conference championship game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's the point I made and it's why I wouldn't automatically assume we'd be better with Romo playing QB. As good as he was, even he couldn't overcome the handicaps that are put in place by having to play with this organization.

If Romo were here Garrett would still be here mismanaging games and Jerry and co. would still be botching personnel decisions and meddling with the coaching staff.

Drop Romo in Carolina or Atlanta, in a sane football environment.....he probably has at least one title or at the very least would have played in a conference championship game.
I think most of us are only viewing a what if scenario for this season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We'd be rolling in for another 8-8 season. You people are crazy.
I don’t think it’s crazy to assume that a seasoned and talented QB would have reacted better in the games where Dak didn’t handle the job very well when he was pressured. Romo had an entire career of making something positive under pressured circumstances.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think it’s crazy to assume that a seasoned and talented QB would have reacted better in the games where Dak didn’t handle the job very well when he was pressured. Romo had an entire career of making something positive under pressured circumstances.
Romo also went fetal position a decent amount in his later years. He also was the king of finishing 8-8. People have such jolly memories of Romo. But they seem to forget the late season collapses and 4 or 5 INT games. Funny how that works. We forget the stretch of 2011, 2012 and 2013 of 8-8 after 8-8 season with Romo.

I love Romo but he seems to always be the man excuses are made for. He had his part in all of those seasons as well.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The last year (or so) of his career, he would collapse into the fetal position every time pressure got near him.
You mean like how he collapsed in the game against Houston with Watt bearing down on him... oh wait...

I know you're remembering that Thanksgiving game but don't act like that performance was an every game type of performance.

Just like with the bobbled snap, you and others cherry pick some poor games in his 13 year career and try to say that's all he did.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Romo also went fetal position a decent amount in his later years. He also was the king of finishing 8-8. People have such jolly memories of Romo. But they seem to forget the late season collapses and 4 or 5 INT games. Funny how that works. We forget the stretch of 2011, 2012 and 2013 of 8-8 after 8-8 season with Romo.

I love Romo but he seems to always be the man excuses are made for. He had his part in all of those seasons as well.
Says the guy who thought Dak had a great game against the Redskins. :lol :lol :lol

You're borderline Quinthy apologist when it comes to Dak.

Like I said in another post, it's easy to cherry pick a few games here and there and try to define his career. Sure he had 4-5 int games but so did a lot of other legends including Brady and Manning. And no this isn't me saying he's on their level. I'm simply pointing out that those 8-8 seasons weren't all on Romo.

Hell Romo is the only reason those were 8-8 seasons and not 5-11.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Way to ruin a thread. Why can't this be left in the past? There is no way to prove anything either way and no minds will ever be changed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Way to ruin a thread. Why can't this be left in the past? There is no way to prove anything either way and no minds will ever be changed.
That's why I said "Here we go again". This needs to be let go. It is pointless.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We really need a 'Nobody Fucking Cares' thread where a bunch of different shit can be funneled.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's why I said "Here we go again". This needs to be let go. It is pointless.
I know right? This is as stupid as the people that rank Romo over Aikman.

:tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Says the guy who thought Dak had a great game against the Redskins. :lol : lol : lol

You're borderline Quinthy apologist when it comes to Dak.

Like I said in another post, it's easy to cherry pick a few games here and there and try to define his career. Sure he had 4-5 int games but so did a lot of other legends including Brady and Manning. And no this isn't me saying he's on their level. I'm simply pointing out that those 8-8 seasons weren't all on Romo.

Hell Romo is the only reason those were 8-8 seasons and not 5-11.
Dak is 21-9 as a starter with a career QB rating of 97.5. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

8-8 is 8-8. You want to cherry pick the good, you claim others want to cherry pick the bad. But in the end Romo is a 78-49 career QB with a 97.1 career QB rating. It's great. No question about it. He did great with great teams. And he did 8-8 with bad teams. Just like Dak is great. Even though retards like you want to throw Quinthy Carter's name out there. Talk about clueless.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We really need a 'Nobody Fucking Cares' thread where a bunch of different shit can be funneled.
3/4 of the board's thread would be there. :unsure

kidd

DCC 4Life
Dak is 21-9 as a starter with a career QB rating of 97.5. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

8-8 is 8-8. You want to cherry pick the good, you claim others want to cherry pick the bad. But in the end Romo is a 78-49 career QB with a 97.1 career QB rating. It's great. No question about it. Just like Dak is great. Even though retards like you want to throw Quinthy Carter's name out there. Talk about clueless.
And retards like you poo poo on a stellar career of one QB to prop up your boy.

"Hay guyzzz!!1! Dak didn't throw no picksths thith game! Greatest QB eva!!11"

Nobody was putting down Dak in this thread so curb your retard rage for another thread.

data

Forbes #1
Rank ‘em as if you could have this QB for their best 7 years:

Tony Romo, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Matt Ryan and Brett Favre.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And retards like you poo poo on a stellar career of one QB to prop up your boy.

"Hay guyzzz!!1! Dak didn't throw no picksths thith game! Greatest QB eva!!11"

Nobody was putting down Dak in this thread so curb your retard rage for another thread.
Where did I poo poo him? All I said was that people forget the 4 or 5 int games he had. Romo was masterful at times and he was downright ugly at others. He didn't carry bad teams into the playoffs. He carried bad teams to 8-8. Which is probably where he would have carried the team this year. That's not a slight on Romo. We just haven't had a very good team this year.

I love Romo. But I don't feel the need to shit on Dak to prop Romo up.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I know right? This is as stupid as the people that rank Romo over Aikman.

:tippytoe
I won't go there but I will say this:

It would've given me. Great pleasure to see Aikman whip Patrick Crayon's ass on the sidelines had he been Qb against the Giants in the playoffs and Crayton pulled up short like he did.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I love Romo. But I don't feel the need to shit on Dak to prop Romo up.
No you just feel the need to cherry pick Romo's poor performances to prop up Dak.

I don't think anyone here was shitting on Dak to prop up Romo by saying a QB with a little more experience may give us a better chance to win.

Top Bottom