How one play defined a stellar career

kidd

DCC 4Life
If someone can help post this video, it would be greatly appreciated:

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap3000000896097/TBT-Tony-Romo-s-fumbled-snap-vs-Seahawks[/video]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If someone can help post this video, it would be greatly appreciated:

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap3000000896097/TBT-Tony-Romo-s-fumbled-snap-vs-Seahawks[/video]
Pulling a video from NFL.com to embed is a sumbitch. People will just have to click the link.

Cotton

Staff member

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yes, it is. It was very well done.
I know I catch a lot of flack for supporting Romo the way I do but this video captures my feelings about him perfectly. Very under rated by the media and fan bases across the country.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I know I catch a lot of flack for supporting Romo the way I do but this video captures my feelings about him perfectly. Very under rated by the media and fan bases across the country.
Not with me. Miss him a lot as our QB. I think this year we finally realize what we had. We would not be 8-6 right now with Romo as QB.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That video just reinforces what we already knew. Garrett and Jerry wasted a hall of fame caliber QB's career with shitty coaching & personnel moves.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not with me. Miss him a lot as our QB. I think this year we finally realize what we had. We would not be 8-6 right now with Romo as QB.
Why do you assume that? Especially when we went 8-8 or worse several times with him as our starter.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That video just reinforces what we already knew. Garrett and Jerry wasted a hall of fame caliber QB's career with shitty coaching & personnel moves.
Which is why I take exception when people assume that we'd have a better record with Romo at QB.

As great as Romo was, even he couldn't overcome the retards running the Cowboys.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why do you assume that? Especially when we went 8-8 or worse several times with him as our starter.
We have much better personnel now than those 8-8 teams.

No question in my mind we'd have beaten Denver this year, for example.

kidd

DCC 4Life
We have much better personnel now than those 8-8 teams.

No question in my mind we'd have beaten Denver this year, for example.
Exactly.

I also believe we would have beaten the Chargers or Falcons or both.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You people are ridiculous. Comparing 2nd year Prescott to 13 year veteran Romo is completely unfair. Put 2nd year Romo on this team with no Elliott for half the year, Smith missing several games and the defense playing like retards anytime Lee is out and we'd be lucky to be 6-10.

Put 2016 Romo on this team and tell me what the chances are he'd survive a game like the Falcons with a historically bad performance from Green and getting sacked 8 times.

Obviously Romo as a 34 year old was superior to 24 year old Prescott but that's a ridiculously unfair comparison to make in the first place.

kidd

DCC 4Life
You people are ridiculous. Comparing 2nd year Prescott to 13 year veteran Romo is completely unfair. Put 2nd year Romo on this team with no Elliott for half the year, Smith missing several games and the defense playing like retards anytime Lee is out and we'd be lucky to be 6-10.

Put 2016 Romo on this team and tell me what the chances are he'd survive a game like the Falcons with a historically bad performance from Green and getting sacked 8 times.

Obviously Romo as a 34 year old was superior to 24 year old Prescott but that's a ridiculously unfair comparison to make in the first place.
Who's making comparison of careers? We all agree that if Romo were still playing, he'd give us a better chance to win which he would.

Also, the scenario where you're claiming how Romo would be lucky to be 6-10? Those were the majority of those 8-8 seasons.

Cotton

Staff member
Here we go again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

But that’s what you have to compare when you talk about team wins and losses. What you are evaluating is what the won loss record woul be with Romo or Prescott this season.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Who's making comparison of careers? We all agree that if Romo were still playing, he'd give us a better chance to win which he would.

Also, the scenario where you're claiming how Romo would be lucky to be 6-10? Those were the majority of those 8-8 seasons.
If Romo took the beating that Dak did in that Falcons game, he would've been crippled. The last year (or so) of his career, he would collapse into the fetal position every time pressure got near him. With the OL issues, Zeke suspension, and WR regression, you can not categorically state that this team would have been better with Romo.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

2016 Romo would have made sure Chaz had help after the 1st sack, he was a better coach than Garrett.

data

Forbes #1
Throw in Miles Austin and, oh yeah, we’d def be #1 seed with Romo right now.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

I've lost friends over it. Had he played for a better organization he might have a couple of rings.

Top Bottom