Aaron Rodgers has been placed on injured reserve by the Green Bay Packers and will not play Saturday against the Vikings

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Well here's hoping Huntley can pull out some sort of miracle against a team with a winning record. In reality, I think our chances are very, very low now.
Staff and wire reports DECEMBER 19, 2017 — 3:37PM
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers looks at the scoreboard Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017, during an NFL football game against the Chicago Bears in Chicago. (Daniel White/Daily Herald via AP)

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Aaron Rodgers is done for the season.

The Green Bay Packers put their star quarterback on injured reserve Tuesday, a day after they were eliminated from playoff contention.

Rodgers missed seven games after breaking his right collarbone Oct. 15 against Minnesota. He returned on Sunday, but the Packers lost 31-24 at Carolina. Atlanta's win against Tampa Bay on Monday night ended Green Bay's eight-year run of consecutive postseason berths.

Brett Hundley will get the start for Green Bay in Saturday's home game against the Vikings. Joe Callahan was signed as his backup.

The Packers also released fullback Joe Kerridge from the active roster and quarterback Jerod Evans from the practice squad.

data

Forbes #1
First game back from injury, Panthers put Romo back on IR.

Indirectly, Panthers did that again to Rodgers.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No. Right decision for them.
So it was fine until they were eliminated? Had they won and were still alive in playoff contention, his ass would be playing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it was fine until they were eliminated? Had they won and were still alive in playoff contention, his ass would be playing.
Yep, but benching Eli is offensive for the Giants to do. What shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep, but benching Eli is offensive for the Giants to do. What shit.
Eli isn't playing with a recently broken collar bone. If I was a Packer fan, I'd want Rodgers shelved once the playoffs weren't possible. No point in risking further injury. I could understand coming back to play a little early since they were still alive, but now that they're eliminated, there is no reason to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As expected.

At this point I'd put money on the Lions to get in, which is a shame because they're probably the worst team out of us/Atlanta/Seattle.

Hundley did very nearly win at Pittsburgh on the road though and has clearly improved so you never know. Maybe the Bengals can put together an inspired performance as Lewis is on his way out.

midswat

... soon
I haven’t been paying attention.

Why/how does this affect the cowboys?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I haven’t been paying attention.

Why/how does this affect the cowboys?
Detroit needs to lose. They play Cincy this week and Green Bay next week. If Detroit wins out, we can't make the playoffs.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
No doubt. Since they're out of the mix now, there's no point in throwing him out there and risking further injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eli isn't playing with a recently broken collar bone. If I was a Packer fan, I'd want Rodgers shelved once the playoffs weren't possible. No point in risking further injury. I could understand coming back to play a little early since they were still alive, but now that they're eliminated, there is no reason to.
If I were the Giants I'd want Eli shelved. There is no reason to play him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Detroit needs to lose. They play Cincy this week and Green Bay next week. If Detroit wins out, we can't make the playoffs.
Why is That? If we win out and they win out we would get 2 more NFC wins while they would only get one. I guess they have two more than us right now in the NFC since that's the tie breaker? I haven't really looked.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why is That? If we win out and they win out we would get 2 more NFC wins while they would only get one. I guess they have two more than us right now in the NFC since that's the tie breaker? I haven't really looked.
I think it's record against common opponents.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looked it up if we win out and Detroit wins out we would be tied for NFC record. Anyone want to look up common games? Have to have at least 4 for it to count.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I get it as a pure business decision.

But its kind of a pussy move. They are saying he's healthy enough to play, but won't.

In a league (and on a team) where guys play hurt regardless of whether they are in playoff contention, it will be interesting to see how that is received.

I imagine the hot takes from commentators not currently under investigation for unwanted dick picks will be quite spicy.

midswat

... soon
Okay I knew about that part. I thought the outrage was because we needed minny to lose.

If I understood correctly, we need Detroit to lose as well as one of the NFC South teams losing their last 2 games right?

Top Bottom