User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mac "White Flag" Engel: Pay Dez Because Everyone Else Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Dallas doesn't necessarily need a #1 receiver with their running back being so good. They should play hard ball and demand he restructure his massive deal or they cut his sorry ass.
    I agree, we do better spreading the ball around. We basically suck when we try to feed the ball to one guy. I'd rather have 3 really good WR's than one super stud in this offense. Not that Dez is anywhere close to a superstud right now, but he is getting paid like one.

Dez hasn’t done anything to deserve big money as of late....I’d tell him produce, stop whining, dropping passes and maybe you’ll get a raise. Wouldn’t be too upsetting if he was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrule122 View Post
    Dez hasn’t done anything to deserve big money as of late....I’d tell him produce, stop whining, dropping passes and maybe you’ll get a raise. Wouldn’t be too upsetting if he was cut.
    He’s had those opportunities already and never took advantage of them.
    No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan9Misfit View Post
    He’s had those opportunities already and never took advantage of them.
    Then we should move on already. Can draft his production or add a free agent

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    You havent said anything about what you would propose his 'keeping' price to be. Please bolster your argument by seeing it through to a practical conclusion. This MF expects his $16M; that aint't happenin, so then what would you propose to give him that will appease his mature sense of self worth? I, for one, will proceed with the assumption that if he's on the roster, his production numbers will be the same or worse. That'll be just great.
    Heís getting that money, unless you think the Cowboys are giving up on the playoffs. Thereís not enough of a transition otherwise, even if they draft two WRs in the first three rounds (which I wouldnít terribly mind).

Dez has a strong case that the entire passing offense took a major step back last year. Not one WR actually got better in 2017 except Butler (barely), and they liked him so much they told him to pack his bags.

With the holes on the OL, Elliottís suspension, Wittenís age, and Dakís sophomore struggles you canít pin it on one guy, no matter how ďconvenientĒ it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrule122 View Post
    Then we should move on already. Can draft his production or add a free agent
    Or a clever trade, but what youíre describing is beyond our front office. Iím telling you Dez is it at #1 WR, at least this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Or a clever trade, but what you’re describing is beyond our front office. I’m telling you Dez is it at #1 WR, at least this year.
    We’re not clever enough to trade him so I guess we are stuck with him another year.

Thatís a big shit sandwich to swallow. This is already looking bleak. Zeke will yet again be the entirety of our offense. Oh well, I guess Iíll have to hope it brings an end to the Garrett era.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Thatís a big shit sandwich to swallow. This is already looking bleak. Zeke will yet again be the entirety of our offense. Oh well, I guess Iíll have to hope it brings an end to the Garrett era.
    Itís about the only silver lining.

This team canít develop WRs or QBs, and thatís a problem in todayís NFL. I donít think TWill or Dez significantly improved their craft since they began in Dallas. Of all of them maybe only Cole Beasely really improved, and that was mainly from being left alone in short zones where Beasely could exploit his quickness.

None can run pick plays or sell double moves consistently. They usually win through athletic skill.

Iím convinced the last bit of meaningful coaching Tony Romo got was in 2006.

This article has aged better now that it is all over with in free agency in terms of WRs. There is really no upside to cutting him now.