User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Mac "White Flag" Engel: Pay Dez Because Everyone Else Sucks

  1. #21
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,192
    *or the coaching improving

  2. #22
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Yep, yep and yep.

    I mean, who the hell has an emotional connection to Dez? Certainly no one here for the most part.

    The emotions mostly seem to be coming from the"dump him" side.

    Personally, I'm looking at this logically. If we were presented with the opportunity to replace him with a roughly equivalent caliber player who is younger and/or cheaper, I'm all for it.

    But this emotional outburst narrative that claims that he is lazy, slow, and can't get separation is simply false. He's certainly flawed but he can still make plays and he still draws coverage, and he can still be pretty productive if the QB connects with him.

    The money argument is the best argument against keeping him, but someone would have to convince me that we'd use that money savings in a way that would benefit the team more than simply keeping him would. I just don't see us using the money savings in any better way.

    My overall point though, is that if people think dumping Dez will cure all or even most or much of what ails this offense, they are in for a rude awakening. This offense won't improve without the QB improving.
    But, Geng, he has shown the be lazy, slow, and can’t get separation. That’s the problem. Couple that with the drops and yammering for the ball, and you have a detriment to the offense.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  3. #23
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post

    My overall point though, is that if people think dumping Dez will cure all or even most or much of what ails this offense, they are in for a rude awakening. This offense won't improve without the QB improving.
    You're right, for you it's about Dak. Can't be that Dez is part of problem because that somehow absolves Dak in your mind. Dumping Dez as least cures some of the problem though which is the point. Because Dak isn't going anywhere.

    And by the way I still feel lile I have an emotional connection to Dez. I'll miss the awesome catches he made here. He still is a good receiver and I actually like his fire. But I can also see how it's counter productive for what this team does well.
    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 03-11-2018 at 12:58 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    But, Geng, he has shown the be lazy, slow, and can’t get separation. That’s the problem. Couple that with the drops and yammering for the ball, and you have a detriment to the offense.
    He's not different than he ever was back when he was putting up elite numbers.

  5. #25
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    He's not different than he ever was back when he was putting up elite numbers.
    I disagree.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #26
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    You're right, for you it's about Dak. Can't be that Dez is part of problem because that somehow absolves Dak in your mind. Dumping Dez as least cures some of the problem though which is the point. Because Dak isn't going anywhere.
    I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that the most important position in sports has by far the biggest impact on an offense.

  7. The following user likes this post:


  8. #27
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post

    But this emotional outburst narrative that claims that he is lazy, slow, and can't get separation is simply false. He's certainly flawed but he can still make plays and he still draws coverage, and he can still be pretty productive if the QB connects with him.
    You are giving him way too much credit.

    He can be taken out of any game by a talkative, physical CB. This "dominance" you claim is still there only manifests itself when he plays the Bradley Fletchers of this league.

  9. #28
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that the most important position in sports has by far the biggest impact on an offense.
    He does but if you're hoping we move on from Dak you're living in a dream world. At 24 he will get better. As responsible as he was for the struggle last year he was just as responsible for the stellar 2016 season. So you hope he can get back to that. A season in which Dez only had 97 targets. He was a far smaller piece of our offense then. Which is actually the role I'd love to keep Dez around for. Just not at a cap cost of 16.5 mil.

  10. #29
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    He's not different than he ever was back when he was putting up elite numbers.
    He is way different. He is a guy who got by with freak athletic ability whose athleticism has diminished. Which isn't surprising since Dez has taken a beating over his career. By far our most physical WR when running and catching the ball.

  11. #30
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    People are too emotional to actually bring up relevant information. It's all general terms.

    Dez is holding the offense back, because it's too scary to blame the QB or coaches.
    http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...tion-Is-Headed

    Please review these detailed stats showing that, despite Jerry not having a sure thing alternative, it is indeed time to move the hell on from the current shell of a former badass.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •