Playoff Scenario

lostxn

DCC 4Life
So here's the most likely path to the playoffs for us. I think every single one of these would be the predicted outcome except of course us winning our last two games. The Panthers are favored over GB, but I still think GB is going to win.

Week 15
- Lions beat Bears (oh my)
- Packers beat Panthers

- Rams beat Seahawks
- Cowboys beat Raiders
- Falcons beat Buccs

Week 16
- Vikings beat Packers, Packers are out
- Panthers beat Buccs
- Lions beat Bengals
- Saints beat Falcons
- Cowboys beat Seahawks, Seahawks are out

Week17
- Packers beat Lions, Lions are out
- Panthers - Falcons game outcome irrelevant to us but determines which of them is in
- Cowboys beat Eagles

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So here's the most likely path to the playoffs for us. I think every single one of these would be the predicted outcome except of course us winning our last two games. The Panthers are favored over GB, but I still think GB is going to win.

Week 15
- Packers beat Panthers

- Cowboys beat Raiders
- Falcons beat Buccs

Week 16
- Panthers beat Buccs
- Rams beat Seahawks
- Lions beat Bengals
- Saints beat Falcons

Week17
- Panthers - Falcons game outcome irrelevant to us but determines which of them is in
- Cowboys beat Eagles
Could happen. Although I don’t understand the double entry of the Seahawks in week 16.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of teams are bunched up. That actually plays in our favor.

Because although we lose the head to head tiebreaker with at least two teams, if there are more than 2 teams tied head to head gets ignored (unless all tied teams played each other).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Week 16
- Panthers beat Buccs
- Rams beat Seahawks
- Lions beat Bengals
- Saints beat Falcons
Man, the Seahawks are going to be busy on this weekend.

Cotton

Staff member
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of teams are bunched up. That actually plays in our favor.

Because although we lose the head to head tiebreaker with at least two teams, if there are more than 2 teams tied head to head gets ignored (unless all tied teams played each other).
Even if all teams play each other, head to head can still get thrown out. An example would be; we beat the Seahawks, Seahawks beat the Falcons, Falcons beat us. In that scenario, it goes to the second stage of tiebreaker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Week 15
- Packers beat Panthers

- Cowboys beat Raiders
- Falcons beat Buccs

Week 16
- Panthers beat Buccs
- Rams beat Seahawks
- Lions beat Bengals
- Saints beat Falcons

Week17
- Cowboys beat Eagles
Pretty sure that under this scenario we need the Panthers to win at the Falcons for us to get in.

Playing around with the playoff machine it seems that the only realistic way that Panthers/Falcons game is irrelevant at the end of the year is if the Packers beat the Panthers, then they lose to the Vikings, while Detroit loses somewhere along the way.

Basically, unless the Bucs can somehow beat the Falcons, or unless that scenario I just laid out with the Packers plays out, we need the Panthers to be playing for something in that last game.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

Bears over Lions NOPE
Panthers over Packers
Jets over Saints NOPE
Rams over Seahawks
Buccaneers over Falcons NOPE

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The key right now are really the Falcons.

Green Bay and Detroit both need to lose one but that seems like a pretty safe proposition, what we really need is for Atlanta to lose either at the Panthers or at the Bucs. I feel like they're a lock to lose at New Orleans but we need a solid from the Bucs, or for the Panthers to still be playing for something Week 17.

What would really thread the needle just right would be if the Packers can beat the Panthers then lose to the Vikings.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Machota is wrong. We're better off with the Packers beating the Panthers. Also Jets over Saints is pretty irrelevant to us unless you think that juggernaut is going to lose out.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The key right now are really the Falcons.

Green Bay and Detroit both need to lose one but that seems like a pretty safe proposition, what we really need is for Atlanta to lose either at the Panthers or at the Bucs. I feel like they're a lock to lose at New Orleans but we need a solid from the Bucs, or for the Panthers to still be playing for something Week 17.

What would really thread the needle just right would be if the Packers can beat the Panthers then lose to the Vikings.
yup

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given that we're probably going to lose this week or next it will all be over in the next 7 or so days, gotta fit the scheming in where you can.
Yeah my real guess is that things will break so that we could get in at 10-6. But that we will lose to the Seahawks and none of it will matter anyway. We will get one last bit of hope the way things go this weekend only to have it all dashed the following weekend.

So basically no I'm not getting sucked in. If we do make the playoffs though I'll be sucked full in I'm sure. That would include a pretty nice winning streak and the return of Zeke. At that point if we go 10-6 I'm not sure how you can't get sucked in. We'd be one of the hottest teams in the NFL.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah my real guess is that things will break so that we could get in at 10-6. But that we will lose to the Seahawks and none of it will matter anyway. We will get one last bit of hope the way things go this weekend only to have it all dashed the following weekend.

So basically no I'm not getting sucked in. If we do make the playoffs though I'll be sucked full in I'm sure. That would include a pretty nice winning streak and the return of Zeke. At that point if we go 10-6 I'm not sure how you can't get sucked in. We'd be one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
Yea if we somehow make it in then this whole board will be full homer for sure, although in the back of my mind I'll still be very skeptical that Garrett's dumbass can get us all the way to the Super Bowl.

But if we were to make it in as a 6 seed I wouldn't be shocked if we made it to the NFCC considering there's a high likelihood that we'd get to play Foles if we can win the first one.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Where is "Cowboys over Raiders"? That kinda has to happen for anything else to matter.

Top Bottom